Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (sgboarder)      Join Date: May 2007       08-22-2007, 12:05 PM Reply   
I am considering completely re-doing the design and upholstery on my boat. It is a 21 foot boat. I want to make it wrap around seating. I would need all new vinyl, wood, and foam. Any idea on how much it would cost for supplies on a project like this?
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-22-2007, 2:40 PM Reply   
Find out who the shops use for their non-internal jobs, then contact them direct. I had mine redone at 25% of what I was quoted.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-22-2007, 6:32 PM Reply   
I redid an entire boat for around 7-800 myself and that was building all new seats and purchasing about half of the foam new. My buddy just had his entire Sport Nautique recovered professionally for 1000, and it looks great. The job I did myself was basic with no piping which saved money and time.
Old     (sgboarder)      Join Date: May 2007       08-22-2007, 7:52 PM Reply   
Where did you find the materials for the boat stephen, and what type of wood did you use to rebuild the seats?
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-22-2007, 8:01 PM Reply   
Sport Nautique for 1000, pro???? Helluva deal. I paid 1500 and had been quoted 5000.
Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-23-2007, 7:12 AM Reply   
if you are using plywood to rebuild the seat bottoms you can order 7 ply marine grade, or use green treated. if you can cut the sheets to the size and have stuff stripped and ready a shop should be able to do it for around 1000 and the 200 bucks is worth paying somebody to do it good. and if you go to a good shop it shouldn't take more than a month, but i would still wait until winter.