Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       08-06-2007, 9:31 AM Reply   
I got a sneak peak at Sanger’s all new V237 and with permission have included some of the pictures. This boat is a total new design for Sanger and is a departure from the typical boats they have been producing for some years. I really like the steps they are taking and soon I will be able to review the wake and performance on it.

Upload

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (want2ridealot)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-06-2007, 9:36 AM Reply   
Sweet looking boat but the tower is just OK at least in my opinion.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-06-2007, 9:41 AM Reply   
x2 on the underachieving tower
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-06-2007, 9:45 AM Reply   
Looks good, can't wait to get to try out the wake!
Old     (ceres1312)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-06-2007, 9:50 AM Reply   
what is that in the back deck lid? looks like some sort of cover, maybe for ski ropes?
Old    mendo247            08-06-2007, 10:04 AM Reply   
Love the dash and drivers seat!
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       08-06-2007, 10:06 AM Reply   
On the back deck there is a powered slide that comes out to be a bench on the transom so while getting your board on you are able to keep it away from the transom. Then it also reveals another storage area for gear, general stuff, or use it as an ice chest (the locker has a drain in it also).
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-06-2007, 10:07 AM Reply   
I was thinking that the back deck cover kinda slid out to enable you to get into your bindings easier (closer to the edge of the platform), without endangering the board getting too close to the boat and hitting the gelcoat. What do you think?
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-06-2007, 10:07 AM Reply   
Ahhh, 1 minute late..LOL :-) Great idea!
Old     (ceres1312)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-06-2007, 10:25 AM Reply   
I like it! Great interior, gages and color scheme. I was hoping they would address the tower. It looks kinda plain. I think maybe a name plate on another cross support with the Sanger logo on it would look nice.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-06-2007, 10:35 AM Reply   
Ditto on the tower. Weeeaaaak sauce... awesome boat though!
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       08-06-2007, 10:35 AM Reply   
I like the tower and the interior is cool.

It looks like a larger 215 from the outside.
Old     (swoop)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-06-2007, 10:36 AM Reply   
Looks very much like a Malibu LSV
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-06-2007, 3:47 PM Reply   
ive always thought sanger made a good looking boat i just hate how low profile they are
Old    mendo247            08-06-2007, 4:04 PM Reply   
The floor space looks small compared to a 215 and espically a 230... Is the sun deck quite a bit larger than the rest of the line?
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-06-2007, 4:22 PM Reply   
Looks really nice, and finally a decent looking tower.
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-06-2007, 4:25 PM Reply   
It kinda looks small for that size of a boat. This is a 23 footer right?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-06-2007, 5:00 PM Reply   
Sanger has come a long way in the past few years. I guess their prices will go up, too.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-06-2007, 5:38 PM Reply   
Very nice.
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-06-2007, 5:54 PM Reply   
Nice! I like the design. The tower looks simple, yet solid as well.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-06-2007, 6:00 PM Reply   
I love it it look's just like a 215 but a little bigger. The new dash and seat are sick looking very classy package all together and the slide out preparation seat is totally cool ( I just yesterday started noticing board scrapes on my transom) as is the fold down arm rest. I already love Sanger and I'm excited at the direction they're headed in. It looks like a ton of thought went into the seating and interior refinements. Hopefully they can still keep a good price like the rest of their line. Thanks for posting the pics.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-06-2007, 6:34 PM Reply   
Got any transom pics? I'm betting it's based on the same hull design they've been using for twenty years...
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-06-2007, 8:36 PM Reply   
love the dash, esp the white guages. don't care for the way the seat cushions bow out into the walk space tho.

padding on the winddam, about time! slidding rear deck pad great idea, wonder how solid it is for heavier riders (wear and tear in time).

noticed no cup holder for the driver, I hate where mine is on my 215 (by my feet).

Doesn't really look big like a true 23 footer.

Overall looks good, you know it will throw a good wake and can they keep the price realistic.

Overall
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-06-2007, 9:02 PM Reply   
Wow... looks great.. hope it has the wake and feel of their previous models!!!!
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-06-2007, 9:23 PM Reply   
i like the idea of the sliding seat but a cooler directly under the engine??!! doesnt sound like there will be much ice in there by the time you get outta the marina.
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-06-2007, 9:28 PM Reply   
Great dash upgrade and driver cockpit area. I spend most of my time there so it is very important to me. I love the slide out platform to strap in on, a great idea that will soon be copied by everyone else. The tower is lacking personality and the curved seat make it look like leg room is crowed for a 23 footer. From the pics it looks like it will on seat 12 but until I see it in person I cannot really have a firm opinion.

This is great that all these small boat companies are stepping up to the big boys but hopefully they still make a quality boat for a fair price. Not every needs or wants a $80k boat, especially some of the idiots that can drive, load/unload or even tie up at the lake. If you can afford an $80k boat and cannot manage a $100 anchor setup.
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       08-07-2007, 8:30 AM Reply   
There is alot different in this boat than Sanger's of past. The gunnel is alot deeper so it no longer has that feel of sitting lower in the water.
Upload

It is very roomy inside while the pictures might make it look smaller do not mistake this boat is roomy. The hull is not the same mold of past. This boat is a new step for Sanger and definitely a good step. You can see the transom in the pictures provided.
Old     (txrider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-07-2007, 8:38 AM Reply   
Well, since the cats outta the bag,
Upload
Upload

Hoping to have one of the first here at NorTex Watersports in Dallas soon.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-07-2007, 8:45 AM Reply   
love it! that last pic makes the boat look really clean, the tower is nice and simple, i like! that red in the interior on those first pics is just way too much though!
Old    bocephus            08-07-2007, 9:24 AM Reply   
I bet that tower will offer a very nice full coverage bimini for those of us in AZ! It looks like full coverage of the entire seating area is possible...
Old     (summerobsession)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-07-2007, 2:56 PM Reply   
Does anyone have specs on this boat yet? dimensions, weights capcities, etc.?
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-07-2007, 5:30 PM Reply   
There is no transome shots that show the bottom profile. But now that Jess posted one I can see it's based on the same hull they've been using all along.
Old     (skier86)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-07-2007, 7:54 PM Reply   
It looks like they have a single piece windshield similar to the Malibu. Man I hope this bay doesn't cost too much. Will it fit in a 26' garage. Also, does anybody know how wide it is?
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-07-2007, 9:18 PM Reply   
they have had the single piece windshield for a long time...

what is with the "it looks like a bu" opinions? it's a boat and therefore similar. get out of the clouds you bu fanatics.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       08-07-2007, 11:48 PM Reply   
interesting. looks buish and the same old hull. i like the dash
Old     (skier86)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-08-2007, 2:23 PM Reply   
I guess I never noticed the single piece windshield. But it has only been on the 215 series a bigger right?
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-08-2007, 3:22 PM Reply   
Nice looking boat. I'm personally tired of all the CNC kung-fu-throwing-star style towers.

I also really liked the transom seat until I read this part:

quote:

powered

Why?
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       08-08-2007, 3:54 PM Reply   
I got to see one in person today!! Man what a good looking boat!! It looks good in the pics. But in person it looks great!! The interior looks very good!!!! I can't wait to get out and ride behind one and check out the wake!!!
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-08-2007, 5:17 PM Reply   
Craig the boat is just under 24' and has 102" beam.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-08-2007, 6:19 PM Reply   
Agreed with Trace on the powered transom seat.

The exterior of the boat is pretty clean, a nice departure from all the other manufactures attempts at transformer styling these days.

The interior looks awful cramped
(but stylish for a 23' boat) Maybe it's just the pics.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-08-2007, 6:33 PM Reply   
Powered seat is just something else that will break. Boats are such a demanding environment that I doubt you can leave it in the heat like we do, then let it sit cold for several months and then have it work like it is supposed to.

The last Sanger that I sat in had the goofy looking armrest behind the driver's seat, so that the seat could not go back far enough for me to even get my legs under the dash. I am taller than most, but I am sure that many of the bigger guys on this board would notice it too. I hope that there is better leg room for the driver on this one.

I, for one, like the simpler looking tower. The boat is very good looking for sure. Price on this? I bet it comes in at 60K. Sanger has increased prices in recent years, and no longer is a value based on its price. They still may be very good boats, but they are competing with the big boys.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-08-2007, 6:43 PM Reply   
they know what they're doing, thats why they only build four hundred and some odd boats a year... and i've never liked the goofy looking armrest thingy either
Old     (fasfeat)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-08-2007, 8:21 PM Reply   
For all that are conserned about the unique rear seat, it works with gas shocks and doesn't have any power componients to fail. The area underneath this section is not designed for ice as the boat has a 50 quart built in insulated ice chest. Thanks for the input, we always are listening, even though I don't post very often. I prefer to leave this venue to the riders. Talltigeguy, this boat will fit you well. The driver's area is very large, and gives you a feeling of being down inside the boat.
Old    mendo247            08-08-2007, 8:26 PM Reply   
I've never thought of it as an armrest.. I always thought it was a backrest for the person siting behind the driver so they can face backwards, and was an awesome idea.. Everyone who has ever been in my boat comments on how they love that seat..

It definetly appears to sit higher out of the water, but im sure there is not much weight in the boat pictured..

The interior does look alitte cramped, espically compared to the huge floor space that comes with the V230.. Again its just pics and i cant wait to see one in person.. If Gary was impressed im sure its an awesome boat!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-08-2007, 8:34 PM Reply   
... i think we know it's not an armrest... it just looks like one. a molded full seatback would be much better IMHO. i don't care for the angled observer seat back either... again, my opinion.
Old     (ryan27r)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-08-2007, 8:54 PM Reply   
That section of red in the front will be a PTIA on a warm sunny day.
Old    stillstandin            08-08-2007, 9:15 PM Reply   
Everybody has always commented on what a cool idea the back rest was in my boat as well. I like it, its functional, without making a full backrest
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-08-2007, 9:37 PM Reply   
it may be functional but is not very comfortable...no lower back support doesen't sit well. no pun intended, IMHO
Old    stillstandin            08-08-2007, 9:40 PM Reply   
I respectfully disagree. When Im not driving, its where I sit. Im 6-2, if it fits me perfect, and I have more than enough room in the drivers seat.
Old     (vdriverider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-09-2007, 4:35 PM Reply   
Either lean on the backrest because it is there or lean on the driver's seat with it not there. I think it is a great option and have not recieved any complaints, but hey that's just us. The 237 looks very roomy and the very first picture surely proves it looking at the distances between the passengers. Those people would be a lot closer together if they were in my 215.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-09-2007, 4:44 PM Reply   
That is quite literally the first complaint I've seen with the back rest on the observers seat. In my boat it's the second favorite seat for observers second only to the passengers seat in front of the glove compartment.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-09-2007, 4:56 PM Reply   
I think that boat looks great. I love it. Even the tower. I will definitely consider a Sanger for my next boat. Lets get some reports on the wake!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-09-2007, 5:15 PM Reply   
I think this is the tower they will be using. looks a little different from what is in the pictures.
Upload
Old     (myflyby)      Join Date: May 2006       08-09-2007, 6:45 PM Reply   
I live in Fresno, and I saw a bunch of those towers on a trailer today going down the highway. If I would have known they were going to Sanger, I would have followed them for sure!
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-09-2007, 8:12 PM Reply   
personally I love the simple tower on the red,black and white 237 pictured above. It swoops back enough so that the speakers don't blow-out the people in the boat so that the rider can enjoy. plus they kept it a simple design.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-09-2007, 8:13 PM Reply   
I would love to throw that tower on my 215.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-09-2007, 8:30 PM Reply   
Hate N Pain,

My complaint was not particularly with the armrest itself, it was just that the seat did not got back far enough because it hit the armrest.

This was the boat I sat in at the Vegas 2007 boat show.

Sorry this is the worst picture ever, but you get the idea. It was a V230. Hopefully the driver's seat is real spacious. There is new Sanger dealer in Vegas...I think it is marine max.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-09-2007, 8:33 PM Reply   
Something happened with the terrible pic I have of the V230.
Upload
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-09-2007, 8:35 PM Reply   
That boat was listed as a boat show price of 52200.

Upload
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-09-2007, 9:18 PM Reply   
TTG, I realized that of your issue it was more directed towards Sparky's which is merely an opinion. Boy, that is a $chitty picture but the price is nice. I figure a good price on the 237 will be 55k (disgusting that we think thats a good price) but we'll see. I'm in love with that boat but I just bought my boat this year and I cant imagine it would be fiscally responsible to trade it in and get this guy one year later. Plus my colors are black and grey or silver so that front seat with the bow filler would be hotter than hell in the sun (j/k).
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-10-2007, 9:59 AM Reply   
I believe they're already using that tower, at least it looks like it. I saw a few at Tracy Boat Sales last week with this one, looks to be the same tower. These pics aren't from Tracy, just some i found on the net of boats for sale.

Upload
Upload
Old     (madvlin)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-11-2007, 11:33 AM Reply   
not in to the tower. Love the rear slide out but does that change accessability to the motor? center arm rest really cool i guess. (somebody will love it ) but that tower barf! shiny gauges very cosmopolitan keeping up w the x star i suppose. cup holders very cool but why did we have to lose one?
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-11-2007, 11:59 AM Reply   
Who's house is that?

I think that is this funky house off bixler near discobay with this monsterous entry way structure. A very strange huge house.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-11-2007, 12:17 PM Reply   
Looks great! New dash is growing on me, looks similar to the Tige' dash. New speaker position next to the obs seat is cool. I like the little knooks by the drivers feet and rear cup holder station.

What data is available in the LCD readout of the center dial? Merc Smartcraft stuff?

Is it available with adjustable rather than fixed tab? Any chance of integrated plate control like the Supra?

Will this dash package move to all the line?

Whats the ballast setup, tanks in the rear and floor?

Is there a bigger engine option than the 330 scorp motor?

Can you find out what the weight on the trailer is?

Why does it need a bolster seat? Is this the first sanger with bow rise?

If that person is going to stand on the sunpad can you get them to take there shoes off!
Old    mendo247            08-12-2007, 12:01 PM Reply   

quote:

If that person is going to stand on the sunpad can you get them to take there shoes off!

hahaha i noticed that also! If you look close i think someone just put their shoes there while they walked inside the boat.. If there was a person standing there youd see the shoes pushing down into the cushion..
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-12-2007, 5:01 PM Reply   
and if thier was a person standing there with shoes in my boat you would have seen the soles of those shoes about 10 ft in the air.
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       08-13-2007, 7:50 AM Reply   
The tower is Sanger's design and production. It was unveiled at last years boat show and while I particularly don't like the looks it is a very functional and sturdy tower. But I am picky on towers. The new digital speed control is by Mercruiser and should be available for 08 but the official date for availability is still pending.

You can get bigger motors for Sanger line (8.1).

The dash currently is only for the 237, but they are considering putting it into the 215 only time will tell if it happens. It is not as easy as just put it into the other boats unfortunately.

The ballast is still tanks and sacks with 1100 lbs of ballast.

The bolster seat is not due to bow rise but something that once again is market demand. One of the biggest complaints from the wives at the boat shows as they look over the boats is the lack of the "flip up seat thingy". Some of the smallest things are what sell a boat. This I think is one of them.

Integrated plate technology maybe something you will see in the future from some manufactures but right now Supra has it wrapped up with Perfect Pass so I don't think you will see it this year.

One of the things nobody seems to have noticed is the added padding and cushion to the wind damn to make it a functional seat rest. I think that is a overlooked smart use of space.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-13-2007, 2:26 PM Reply   
Stopped by Tracy Boats today and Eric showed me the V237. With his ok i'm posting a couple of pics i took today. First off the V237 uses the same hull design as the V215, not the V230. The rear pad is way too cool! It's on hydraulic rails and slides in and out. It's super heavy duty as well. The dash layout and gauges are much improved and the depth gauge in the speedo displays air and water temps as well. The one he has has red LED accent lights throughout the cabin and storage to match the dash, cool. This thing has plenty of interior space, pics are decieving. The seat bottom are wide and cushy and offer seat front bolstering as well. And while the wife is only 5'2" she could see over the dash great without the bolster flipped on the drivers seat. The cupholders are a big improvement over the 215/230, way easier to use and there's a storage tray in each rear cubby. The cabin speakers are placed in the cupholder recesses in the rear, floor in the middle and in the bow recesses. The speaker shown in the original pics above near the glovebox was dropped in favor of the floor and a bigger seat back, better imo. The tower looks awesome on it in person, lots of viewing without tower arms in the way. I'm sold on this baby, just gotta figure out how to convince the wife sooner than later! $59,000 as shown which i thought was a great deal as equiped versus other top brands. Oh yeah, thanks Eric for showing the boat, i'll see ya when i figure out the creative financing! LOL!

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

(Message edited by razzman on August 13, 2007)
Old    mendo247            08-13-2007, 3:25 PM Reply   
WOW! That thing looks big in that pic! I like that color scheme..
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-13-2007, 4:46 PM Reply   
That interior looks much better in those colours. Mint
Old     (sharkyvonmarks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-16-2007, 3:08 PM Reply   
Good job Sanger!!! I love it!!!
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-16-2007, 7:17 PM Reply   
59,000! Seems like a lot. Is it loaded to the gills or what?
Old     (summerobsession)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-21-2007, 3:15 PM Reply   
Is there anywhere to view the specs for this rig?

It looks like it might fitthe bill for my fmaily just rught...looking at this, the 247 'Bu, and the X45.
Even saw a couple X80's with low hours that looked like fun!