Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-12-2007, 3:29 PM Reply   
Hey guys! I wanted to see what everyone thought of the RZ2 in this color and the look of the Metcraft tower on it. I think the color and tower looks sick. Does the Metcraft tower on this boat look better than the Tige tower?Upload
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-12-2007, 3:38 PM Reply   
Yes it does!!! Thats the first time I've seen that, and it just seems to fit the color scheme way better... but I'm partial to metcraft towers. I think they look sick. Is that an option through tige or what?
Old     (want2ridealot)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-12-2007, 4:20 PM Reply   
Do you like the wake behind the RZ2. I think that is one of the coolest looking boats out there but i am partial to the wake. Of course wakes are preference. That tower does look sick though.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-12-2007, 6:04 PM Reply   
I think the front tubes look out of place on that tower but that's just me. I really like that color combo though! The wake gets better with ballast (just like any boat).
Old     (want2ridealot)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-12-2007, 6:29 PM Reply   
We had 14 people and like 2000 lbs and it was ok. but thats just what we thought. We also had to go about 25 but it was still a little washy but it was HUGE and rock hard.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-12-2007, 6:48 PM Reply   
I like the original tower better. Ren, have you ridden behind one? I thought the wake was really good with the 1400lbs of ballast and 5 people.
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-12-2007, 8:35 PM Reply   
how is the front end with dipping. i know the M/C is a bow dipper. DOes the RZ2 take water over the front easy
Old     (want2ridealot)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-12-2007, 8:55 PM Reply   
yea I rode behind it at a comp but it wasn't weighted too much maybe close to 1000. It was really firm and wide. I was watching the outlaw riders when it was weighted like that and got it from their experience but I trust their opinions.
Old     (want2ridealot)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-12-2007, 8:58 PM Reply   
A lot of us ride behind Malibus so it most likely just a different kind of wake. but I love the way this boat looks. It really stands out with it's squared off feel and flat panels. It looks real aggressive and edgy.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-13-2007, 7:52 AM Reply   
Chris, it doesn't take water over the bow like the X Star. However if you have a lot of weight in the bow, like any slammed boat you do have to be careful of any oncoming rollers.

Personally I like the Z tower better but I am biased.
Old     (ssteele013)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-14-2007, 8:32 AM Reply   
Im with Pierce on that one, the RZ doesn't take on near as much water, the bow sits up quite a bit higher than the Xstar.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-14-2007, 8:37 AM Reply   
That tower is close to a $3k option isn't it???
Had a friend who just picked up an 08, I thought the boat handled hands down better than any other boat I've driven of it's size ( 06 x-star, 07 22SSV). very impressed.
Old     (ron_mexico)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-14-2007, 12:21 PM Reply   
styling wise...i would say the rz2 is the most progressive and edgy of wakeboats i saw at the boat show. i don't know much about the handling or wet factor.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-14-2007, 12:30 PM Reply   
The handling of the rz2 is very good from what I have heard. Getting a roller over the bow does take a lot of work but can't just be done easily....
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-14-2007, 12:37 PM Reply   
Personally, I love that tower. I think it looks nice and it is very very solid.

It is about 8 inches lower than the TIge tower, so it still is over 6 feet from the floor, but too low for me to feel comfortable.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-14-2007, 1:23 PM Reply   
It's easy to take a roller over the nose of the RZ2 if your driver turns the wrong side when you have it setup for surfing. My brother did that once with mine. He has since learned the right way to pickup the rider.