Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (doug5984)      Join Date: May 2002       07-29-2007, 5:54 PM Reply   
This video was from my last pull of the day, and I was dead tired so it's not near my best jump. I need some critiquing on my jump. Just after watching it myself it appears I am not digging in enough with the board, I come off of it a little before I hit the wake, and lastly my knees are still bent a good bit once I hit the wake. (Basically the 3 most important things?). This was probably my worst jump of the day, but I feel like I'm making the same mistakes on all my jumps just not as badly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGfOT9PwQRM

Also, I just started trying to throw in some grabs (didn't get any video or pics of that)- but I feel like when I try to grab the board I'm leaning over more and becoming a little off balance, as opposed to pulling the board up to me. Any advice on pulling the board up? Is it just a mental thing I need to do.

This is a pic from my jump right after, and it appears to all be the same stuff.

Also, how does the wake look? This was with 4 people in the boat, and no added weight. We were supposed to have a full boat of 9 people, so I left the fat sacs at home, then the other 4 bailed on us last minute.

http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x275/doug5984/?action=view&current=CIMG0399.jpg

Wanted to add- after looking at that pic, it looks like I should drop the rope back another 5 feet. Does that seem to be an ok choice?

(Message edited by doug5984 on July 29, 2007)
Old     (wondermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-30-2007, 8:26 PM Reply   
slow down the start of your cut a little, then slowly build your progressive edge. I had the same problem and still get into it sometimes. I start to fast and then flatten off before the wake this absolutely kills your jump. Edge all the way through and definitely stand up tall at the top of the wake, if you think about standing a little earlier it may help your timing out.

As for grabs focus on your jumps first then when you are comfortable work them in little by little. Always try to jump first and if the jump is good suck your knees up and go for the grab.

wake looks ok good form to it but a little small fat sacs would help.