Wake 101
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (tsat)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-30-2007, 2:07 PM Reply   
Anyone that runs a wakeboarding school or gives clinics. What waivers or insurance policies do you need to have signed to allow a stanger to ride behind your boat. How do you protect yourselves from getting sued if they get hurt?
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-30-2007, 2:18 PM Reply   
Also, what about rail jams? Anyone with insight to both?
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-30-2007, 2:26 PM Reply   
I am pretty sure the WWA provides good coverage for events that is pay per user.
Old     (tsat)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-31-2007, 8:34 AM Reply   
WWa does not sponsor wakeboard camps and clinics does it?
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-31-2007, 9:09 AM Reply   
Clinics, events, yes. Full time year round camps I do not know.
Old     (tsat)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-31-2007, 2:03 PM Reply   
What if you are an average Joe and you pull someone for gas money and they get hurt. Is there anyway to protect yourself other than carry $500,000 personal injury and then get your rates tripled by the insurance company when they have to pay out?
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-31-2007, 2:29 PM Reply   
Your boat insurance should cover that, I got hurt once behind my Dad's boat and MY health insurance company went after HIS boat insurance.

Messed up world these days, you pay to cover everything, and nothing is really covered.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-31-2007, 4:22 PM Reply   
umbrella policy 1mil
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-31-2007, 5:25 PM Reply   
It varies by state but in TN you must have a USCG captain/pilot license and boat safety inspection if you carry passengers for hire. There are very few insurance companies who will write a policy for wakeboard camps. A friend ran a camp for a couple years and said insurance was $1200 / year. You should also form the camp as an LLC or corporation to isolate from your personal assets. The insurance company will provide the waiver for participants/parents to sign.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-01-2007, 1:21 PM Reply   
We use Matt at Belter Insurance 530-934-7777 and its way more expaensive than $1200. Contact me if you want more info.


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 6:27 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home


© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us