Wake 101
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-22-2007, 2:13 PM Reply   
My boy pulls this wheelie which looks pretty cool. Does this move have a name?

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-22-2007, 2:14 PM Reply   
manual...I think
Old    murrayair            05-22-2007, 2:15 PM Reply   
I've always heard those called "tail blunts".
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-22-2007, 2:18 PM Reply   
It's called "Make him hold that as long as he can & have him try it on a Roam". Looks like he might be able to pull one off like Murray's, although Murray did it on the nose.
Old    stillstandin            05-22-2007, 2:54 PM Reply   
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-22-2007, 3:18 PM Reply   
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-22-2007, 3:42 PM Reply   
Shredding the GNAR!
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       05-22-2007, 6:58 PM Reply   
I thought it was only a manual if you put a hand down on the water - hence the name.
Old    110outlet            05-22-2007, 7:44 PM Reply   
Tail press, I though a manual was more of a skateboard trick.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-22-2007, 8:54 PM Reply   
From watching the footage, it doesn't look like Murray really rides the tail or nose, it's more like he puts the edge of the tail or nose into the water like a mini-rudder, and slices through the water. Am I wrong? Anyone have any pics?
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-22-2007, 9:17 PM Reply   
yea i see riders do that on the nose, i want some pics of that, this kid looks pretty good at that.
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-23-2007, 6:26 AM Reply   
Old     (lfrider139)      Join Date: May 2007       05-23-2007, 6:37 AM Reply   
ive always known it as a manual
Old     (lfshane132)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-23-2007, 9:37 AM Reply   
i doubt hes holding it for more than 2 seconds but if he is then thats sick
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-23-2007, 10:42 AM Reply   
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-23-2007, 10:53 AM Reply   
To quote my personal hero, Mike Murphy. "Thats what we call hot doggin'!!!!" Did you know that Mike Murphy once did 763 back flips in a row on a Sky Ski? What did your hero do? Not 763 back flips!!! Thats right!!
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-23-2007, 10:58 AM Reply   
Exactly how long does it take to do that many flips stephan?
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-23-2007, 2:10 PM Reply   
not sure what it's called but i know some guys that use it to slow down before they turn back into their after they do a raley and they are carrying a lot of speed. i think murray's is not the same thing....i saw shapiro do the tip edge thing in a video once on some was pretty sweet.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-23-2007, 2:46 PM Reply   
I asked this before and I got the answer MANUAL but I have no idea how to pull it off because I want too. any tips?
Old     (jusstty)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-23-2007, 5:09 PM Reply   
Old     (maliburider456)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-23-2007, 6:18 PM Reply   
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-23-2007, 7:05 PM Reply   
just lean back and push in really hard on your back foot, its fairly simple man
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-23-2007, 7:23 PM Reply   
tail blunt. someties i've heard it called a manual, but its a tail blunt.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-23-2007, 7:24 PM Reply   
tail blunt or tail press sounds right to me.
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-23-2007, 10:37 PM Reply   
Rick...I'm da kid in the pic. Its pretti simple...i push the tail of my board down as hard as i can and at the same time i pull on the handle a little and lift my front foot up as high as i can...when i started to do them i just did them puny and worked my way up!! thanks everyone, now i no what it's called!...Regan
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-23-2007, 10:39 PM Reply   
sweet I will be trying it this weekend out on the delta i think it is a sick trick man


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 7:53 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home


© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us