Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old    MB Tom (tcaton)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-10-2007, 7:39 PM Reply   
Was wondering if a car water pump will work on the PCM 5.7 or do you have to use there marine pump.
Old    Chris (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-10-2007, 9:06 PM Reply   
If your'e talking the circulating pump...it's a Ford, if you mean the raw waterpump? don't know of any car that has one of those!}
Old    MB Tom (tcaton)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-10-2007, 9:16 PM Reply   
yes the circulating pump and a 5.7 is chevy not ford
Old    Chris (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-10-2007, 9:47 PM Reply   
sorry, my buddy has an MB pcm and his is a Ford, but either way, I belive an automotive pump will work for the circulating pump
Old    Chris (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-10-2007, 9:50 PM Reply   
educate me - I always thought PCM used Ford and Indmar and Mercruiser used Chevys?
Old    Nate (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-11-2007, 12:19 AM Reply   
the main difference between a car and marine circulating pump is bronze parts. The marine unit is resistant to corrosion by using a bronze shaft. The automotive version uses a cheaper shaft that can corrode without using an antifreeze.

In my opinion spend the money on the marine unit.
Old    George Aslinger (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-11-2007, 5:10 AM Reply   
Auto pumps often have additional ports for heater hoses, temp sensors, etc. You could block those off and use one, I wouldn't. If you search for a Sierra aftermarket pump they are much more reasonalbly priced (brand new) and quality seems very good. I have installed a couple of them.
Old    MB Tom (tcaton)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-11-2007, 9:21 AM Reply   
Thanks I just ordered a pump from Ski-Dim
Old    George Aslinger (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-11-2007, 3:22 PM Reply   
christopher, Ford quit supplying marine engines several years back, everything made the last 5 years or so is GM.