Jimmy, I can help.
ALL others please read this for your own club!
1. NWL will sanction your club for $75.00. https://www.usawaterski.org/clubs/clubinfo.asp
2. NWL will sanction you event for event for $25 http://usawaterski.org/pages/Grassroots/HostEvents.htm
3. This is really cool. NWL will provide a sanction# which is your credit# for $100 of trophies at Dinn Brothers. This will cover 1st, 2nd, & 3rd placement trophies for 4 divisions. The trophies are very nice. That right - you can start a club, sanction an event, get all the insurance, and get your trophies for $100.
4. Once you get your sanction # you can request an insurance certificate to be sent to your venue. Here is most of the info about insurance http://www.usawaterski.org/graphics/downloads/2007%20USA%20Water%20Ski%20Insurance%20Fact%20Page .pdf
5. When you provide to the venue with an official club#, a tournament sanction#, and insurance certificate that should take care of it. But if they keep asking for a non profit status tell them your event is so small that you cannot afford $500 fee to the IRS for nonprofit status and Im sure it will be enough. But if that dosnt work call me and Ill get it figured out.
6. All entries who already have membership to USA are already members and you get to keep all of your entry fees. Most can join for $35. OR you can do a guest membership for just $10. This is almost 1/2 price of any INT or WWA event.
7. Your gonna have questions along the way so contact Jennifer Lowe at USAWaterSki email@example.com
, (ph) 863-324-4341 She is the membership marketing manager and expert on NWL events. She can help you every step of the way.
8. Please dont forget 2007 NWL Nationals Aug 18 & 19 Dayton OH.
You can always email me or call my cell
NWL Chairman USA Wakeboard firstname.lastname@example.org