Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (jixxxer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-05-2007, 8:15 AM Reply   
I had an idea, we have a small pond in the back and was wondering if a 4wheeler would be able to pull us across the pond in order to learn some ollies and such? Anyone ever try this?
Old     (toeside900)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-05-2007, 9:21 AM Reply   
Didn't use a 4wheeler, but used a Jeep. It worked, but I don't know that its a good way to learn tricks, but its definately something to do if the boats put up.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-05-2007, 9:22 AM Reply   
Yes, it'll work. So will a bike, two friends running, a 50cc dirt bike, a car, a horse, a helicopter, etc...
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-05-2007, 2:09 PM Reply   
For sure.

Check out 01:35 of Adam's section here. A nice little rail set up: http://www.dpcfilms.com/VideoPlayer.asp?i=164

Also check out the BONUS section of The Chick Flick under "Ecuador" and you will see Cristinia being pulled by her brother on a quad. There are only 3 wakeboard boat in Ecuador so you have to get creative sometimes.

Also the Hoffman sisters use either a quad or dirt bike to pull them on their back yard pools to train for sliders

Or you could just buy a winch...
Old     (wakeecuador)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-05-2007, 2:30 PM Reply   
Hi Kung Fu Wake
That's my girlfriend been pulled by that quad !!
thanks for the spot on the film... she is SO happy about it.

It was so fun to do it.. and it's easy.. I would like to set up some sliders there sometime

This place is called TAOS, in Salinas, Ecuador. They used to be shrimp farms, but now they are closed.

Upload
Upload

Take a complete look at http://www.thechickflick.com/
Old     (bennettag10)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-05-2007, 2:32 PM Reply   
i used a truck

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7662911837721008316&q=brett+bennet t
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-05-2007, 2:47 PM Reply   
Hi Oscar!

Sweet pics! yeah, my pleasure! I know it's not easy to get behind a boat down there so I appreciate the heart and dedication it takes just to get a pull in!

Please let her know that her DVDs went out yesterday. You should see them in 5-7 days..
Old     (wakeecuador)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-05-2007, 3:33 PM Reply   
awesome david! we will be waiting for them.. THANKS A LOT!

hope you can make sometime a trip down to south america.. we will be waiting for you.
and we can give you a quad pull.. LOL
We also have a friend with a sweet boat too.. (SAN 210)

I will tell her about the DVD's.
(we should change the subject on this thread, haha)

cheers!