Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old    Byrd (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-07-2006, 12:10 PM Reply   
I am thinking of buying this program, but needed to know if it will layer for seq. shots.

Thanks,
Byrd
Old    Walt (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-07-2006, 2:25 PM Reply   
Yes it does.
Old    Keith (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       12-07-2006, 4:31 PM Reply   
Walt, can I just take all my sequence shots and then send them to you to compile? just kidding
Old    Walt (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-07-2006, 4:34 PM Reply   
That would be fine just don't forget to send some cash with them.
Old    Bakes (bakes5)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-07-2006, 6:29 PM Reply   
Byrd,

PSE5.0 does layers. I don't really care for the extraction method it uses though.

You can download a 30 day working copy from Adobe....for that matter you can also download CS2. Both are full installs for 30 days.

That being said once you have used CS2 you will be spoiled and never want to work with PSE.

Later

Bakes
Old    Rich Dykmans (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-08-2006, 7:46 AM Reply   
CS 3 just around the corner:

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0508adobe.html

There has already been some demos of the CS3 beta running on Intel Macs by Adobe.

I having a feeling Steve Jobs will be all over it at the annual MacWorld keynote next month when he always (until last year at least) loved to demonstrate how the PowerMac (now MacPro) was the fastest computer in the world running PS. A demo, which BTW, always sparked a heated battle between MacWorld and PCWorld as to whether the test was representative.

I agree with Bakes - even though I use Aperture now for RAW conversions and photo handling, Photoshop is one of those apps you really need to have if you're going to do digital photography.
Old    Swami (swami)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-08-2006, 11:50 AM Reply   
Hey Walt, I have a couple of sequences needing to be shopped... how does $1 a sequence sound?
Old    Jed (gehennaengine)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-08-2006, 6:53 PM Reply   
Aperture is great. And you can even bridge a RAW file to PS and back again. Great app.
Old    Byrd (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-08-2006, 7:02 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info everyone, I might wait until CS3 comes out. We'll see...
Old    Rich Dykmans (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-08-2006, 7:24 PM Reply   
For just generating auto RAW conversions without having to do any tweaks you can't beat Aperture 1.5, Apple did a kick ass job with the RAW convertor - hell I even like the default sharpening levels!
Old    Eubanks (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-12-2006, 9:41 AM Reply   
Would you guys think it would be worth the cost to upgrade from PSE 5.0 from PSE 2.0? I don't know how much it would cost by itself. I don't think I need everything CS2 has to offer.