Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old    DRA            09-29-2006, 7:22 AM Reply   
Yesterday I hooked up with some pals and rode behind Gordon's MC 205 (a X2 sold without ballast) and he has it sacked deep. The wake was HUGE and shaped for lift off. I have been wanting to try out the X2 wake weighted and I can now say for sure it is way legit. Sorry no Pic's to show but definitely one of the best wakes on the market.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-29-2006, 7:37 AM Reply   
That Hull is my personal favorite as well. I have been behind Nautiques and Malibus and I still like my X-2 wake better. But it is like Pizza and (Fill In Blank), some are better than others but none is ever bad...
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-29-2006, 7:46 AM Reply   
Word Up, DRA.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-29-2006, 8:16 AM Reply   
Nice Gary,Gordon does have it dialed pretty good.I always tell him,it reminds me riding behind my boat with the colors and everything.

I was just going to ask you if you wanted to ride on sunday and possibly get my cooler back?

You too Gordon!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-29-2006, 8:43 AM Reply   
I have one for sale with everything you need, and everything you don't:

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/374312.html?1159542343
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-29-2006, 8:45 AM Reply   
Why are you selling J-rod??
Old    DRA            09-29-2006, 8:48 AM Reply   
J-rod;

What the hell would I do with 3 boats, I am trying to get up the motivation to sell my 215. You could by mine afterfor $38,000 after you sell yours and have change left over.

ED, I am going to ride on Sunday (Hopefully)but I have to fill a seat on another boat. I will bring your cooler though so if I see you I will release it from hostage.

(Message edited by sanger215guy on September 29, 2006)
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       09-29-2006, 9:18 AM Reply   
Gary, You need to come out in Joel and Ry's X1! They have there boat dialed!!!! That wake is STUPID BIG!!! But you need to watch out cuz if you ride behind that hull to much you will get very picky!! Other than my Tige that is the only hull I really ride now days(F1F X1, Evan & J-rods X2, or Bud's 205v) The other day Joel, Bud, and I went out in the X1. Joel went first and was talkin about how small the wake was that day. I rode and it was still bigger than 90% of boats I have rode! It just was not up to Joels waist like a normal day!

(Message edited by bigpapaf1f on September 29, 2006)
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-29-2006, 12:44 PM Reply   
hey Gary, just curious,now that youve ridden one how do you think the wake compares to your 215?

NOT trying to start a boatwar...I LOVE X2 wakes!

(Message edited by parkgirl on September 29, 2006)
Old    DRA            09-29-2006, 2:06 PM Reply   
Andrea,

The wakes to me are very similar, Mine is just about the same size I think the X1-2-205 is a steeper transition. But with that said I think that is due to about 700lb more weight in the rear than my set up. If I take the plate up a little more or add a couple hundred in the rear I think it would be close to identical. 215 is definitely a little wider. I think the Sanger is a little more forgiving to a lot of weight as far as to when it washes out. That is probably mostly because of the extra beam. I definitely want to see ED's, J-Rods (before it sells), and Evans to see how they differ. I did notice some differences to the wake as bodies moved around and riders changed.
Old     (rake)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-29-2006, 3:30 PM Reply   
Gary,

Thanks for coming out and the props. It looked like you were getting it dialed on your last set and so please come out to sample the wake as often as you'd like, you've got a standing invitation.

Gordon
Old    buckettim            09-29-2006, 4:30 PM Reply   
I must say after yesterday with that many people and that much ballast the wake was huge, I fell in love with it after last sunday. Gordon made a good investment, and one thing I learn is to wear a cup if your going to come up short on his wake....I'm still feeling the pain a day later....I got a some video of it i'll take some screen shots and post them up tomorrow.....Gordon let me know whats up for sunday...
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-29-2006, 11:01 PM Reply   
Check WW much?
I love mine as well!
Old     (the_dh)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-01-2006, 6:30 PM Reply   
Gordon how do you have it weighted?