Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (wakedestroyer)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-28-2006, 6:10 PM Reply   
My friend that is a sales rep. at a local board shop got to go ride at radar lake and try out the new ronix stuff. He said that when you buy a pair of ronix binding that they will have this binding heater and you will put the binding on your feet and they will become perfectly molded to your foot and ankle. Has any one else heard this?
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-28-2006, 6:15 PM Reply   
I've heard a lot of "oven" jokes regarding Ronix, but I've never really figured out exactly what they were talking about. I guess that must be it.
Old     (wakeboarder2687)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-28-2006, 6:27 PM Reply   
I assume it'll be like 32 snowboard boots liners, im sure others have it too. I had it done on my snowboard boots, I think it just made em feel broken in right away. Not exactly "perfectly molded", but very close and still real nice.
Old     (tsteeb)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-28-2006, 6:32 PM Reply   
my ski boots have a heat moldable liner on them. it works like Pat said, made them feel broken in the first time out. They are really comfy though
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-28-2006, 6:40 PM Reply   
It is like the snowboard mold. In order to get the bindings molded the board shop you buy from has to have the machine. It makes for a killer fit. Check out our pics from RADAR at

www.centurionofkingsport.com
Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-28-2006, 6:56 PM Reply   
they do it for hockey skates and if you do it the right way it actually works really well.
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-28-2006, 7:45 PM Reply   
Harris you are right... They will have the oven at proshops to form fit to your foot when you buy them. It will be just like the snowboard bindings. Now NOBODY can use my bindings :-) (assuming I actually get a pair). I don't know though if it's on all their bindings or just some of them

Time will tell
Old     (marvin)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-28-2006, 7:51 PM Reply   
Nate, will you guys have the machine?
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-28-2006, 7:52 PM Reply   
Right now it is only on the ONE bindings.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-29-2006, 7:03 AM Reply   
its spose to be on the Cell bindings too isn't it?

and thought it was also on the watson?
Old     (chill720)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-29-2006, 7:09 AM Reply   
Its actually on the One binding, The Cell binding, The Scout binding, and The Rise binding (womens) and yes, Centurion of Kingsport will have the machine. You put the bindings on the machine for 5-7 minutes, put your feet in for about 10-12 minutes and YOUR bindings are molded to YOUR feet. This is going to be a prime example of supporting your local board shop!!! And about the Watson binding, NO! Ronix has an exclusive deal with Intuition Liners and they are the only ones that will be using this awesome technology. Not to mention how much lighter the bindings are.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-29-2006, 7:55 AM Reply   
I must not have very sensitive feet, but I am still 100% comfortable in my 2003 Zeus bindings. I doubt I'd go for the heat molded aspect knowing this.
Old     (chill720)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-29-2006, 8:00 AM Reply   
By knowing what, that they are heat molded to your feet and they are basically custom fit for you? just curious
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-29-2006, 8:01 AM Reply   
tim,
i kinda agree in that my 04 parks are still very comfy, but wait until you try the moldable bindings. I'm sure you'll take what you've said back. there's 4 years worth of development between 2003 and 2007 so these are bound to be 150% if yours are 100% comfortable (no offence intended)
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-29-2006, 8:05 AM Reply   
actually the watsons and the shanes have heat moldable liners....just not "intuition liners"
Old     (chill720)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-29-2006, 8:06 AM Reply   
Thats a good point. I was doubting the fact that the "pro" bindings and heat molded bindings were all closed toe, because I just didn't like closed toe. But once I got them molded and actually rode with them, I took everything back I had said about closed toe bindings. Even if you aren't going to buy any, at least try them on just to see the difference!
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-29-2006, 8:17 AM Reply   
I am happy with 100%. I guess I just am not willing to part with my cash for what I consider negligible improvement. I have ridden in more "modern" bindings such as my buddy's 06 LF bindings. I am less willing to spend the time and effort to go to a shop that has them to get them fitted and what not.

I'll buy new bindings when these old ones break.

That being said, I think it is great that improvements keep coming along.
Old     (ogopogo)      Join Date: May 2005       09-29-2006, 9:14 AM Reply   
all you need to do is soak them in hot water for 5 minutes then where them around the house or wear them in the tub with hot water. It is different from ski/board boots cause they are made to get wet.

Same as the watson's and shane's.
Old     (chill720)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-29-2006, 10:16 AM Reply   
No, actually its not the same, and thats not how you do it on the Ronix. And you are supposed to try and not move your feet much once you are in the process of molding them.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       09-29-2006, 10:22 AM Reply   
So then what do you do if you order them online, and not at a shop that has a machine?
Old     (chill720)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-29-2006, 10:27 AM Reply   
Support your local board shop! Actually, you might be able to find a snowboard shop that has the machine and they would do it for you, or just not mold them to your feet. They are still comfy without molding them, they just have that extra special touch! By the way, they come in "shoe" size, not small, med, large etc...
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       09-29-2006, 10:31 AM Reply   
the funny thing is that with snowboarding boots (32s specifically), they don't even recommend using that oven thing anymore. Unless your liners have packed out and you need them to shrink down, you're not supposed to bake them (again, becuase they shrink). With most snowboard liners nowadays, you can simply wear the boot and it will eventually form to your foot. Plus, if you stood in those boots the wrong way, or tied them differently while they were setting, you could screw up your liner.

The new way to mold them is with a "glorified hair dryer", aka the heat stacks. They only heat the inside of the liner so it doesnt' shrink. And again, the same result can be reached by wearing your boots for a bit.

Anyway, I think this is all very interesting.
Old     (deltawakerider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-29-2006, 11:21 AM Reply   
funny you say this because they are using the heat stacks...you can mold the liner like 5 times(to reshape if you sell them or your kankels swell up)...before you heat the boot you put on a "toe cap" over your toes then a thin sock, what this does is to make sure your toes dont wiggle around while molding your liner (or burn your foot)... mildue resistant liners(for those who wakeboard everyday)

every day we should thank or brotherly board sports for paving the way...fba
Old     (chill720)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-29-2006, 12:05 PM Reply   
Well put chef and rjizz.....you dont bake the bindings like others have said, you simply heat them up, inside. The heat stacks are awesome and we the dealers get them from intuition who makes the liners for the bindings!
Old     (wakeboarder2687)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-29-2006, 12:33 PM Reply   
I've heard people putting the snowboard boot liners in their home oven, thinking it'd be the same as the shops, 5 minutes later, rock hard liners... if its gonna get done, get it done right. My opinion, without ever seeing the ronix bindings, just experience with the snowboard boot liners, this would not be a decision making factor for me. I think the heat form liners are nice, but when I go for new snowboard boots, it won't bother me if they have them or not. Same thoughts on wakeboard bindings