Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old    jfair            07-31-2006, 6:42 PM Reply   
I just purchased my first wakeboard boat its a used 06 Calabria Cal-Air Pro v - Gray and Lime green. I cant wait to post pics here.

Anyway, why dont the rest of the calabria boat oners show off some pics
Old     (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       07-31-2006, 10:07 PM Reply   
1997 Calabria Laguna
Old     (jbwaken)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-01-2006, 8:26 AM Reply   
Not mine but nice boat!!!!Upload
Old     (ian30)      Join Date: Jan 2005       08-01-2006, 10:11 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (richie44rich)      Join Date: May 2006       08-01-2006, 10:27 AM Reply   
Here is my 06 Pro-V

Upload
Upload
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-01-2006, 10:36 AM Reply   
that blue one up top is a friend of mine he just sold it last week. that boats tunes were one of the best ive heard. hes just bought the 06 yellow and black he is decking it out right now with lights stereo, night lights racks. i can only wait to see he will post soon im sure.
Old     (knwebs)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-14-2006, 2:11 PM Reply   
Here's the new boat... Danny speakers, racks, and future hearing aids are on the way...

Upload
Upload
Old     (hudd007)      Join Date: May 2006       08-14-2006, 8:36 PM Reply   
Those are WIDE boats. I have to know how hard it is to jump the wake? My buddy has one and its the widest wakeboarding boat I have seen. I would imagine that wake is super wide. What distance and speed to you get pulled at?
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-14-2006, 11:39 PM Reply   
i rode at 75'(that's all the line he had) and it wasn't too bad.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-15-2006, 5:22 AM Reply   
Nice boat! Kinda looks like a Monster ad.
Old     (knwebs)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-15-2006, 7:13 AM Reply   
I'm 6'1" weight 205 lbs behind both the blue and yellow boats I rode 21.5 at 75'. The beam on these is 102" (8.5 feet) which is the largest on the scene. A buddy of mine who's chimed in on this tread named Danny throws all kinds of crazy crap and he loves riding behind with just stock 700 purvert filled. We have two 600lb sacs but we never even use them. We all land our tricks out in the flats already!

I've owned Ski Supreme, Mastercrafts, and Supra and this is the ONLY manufacture I have bought from twice. I'm not saying one is better than another but I LOVE these boats!

Does any Calabria owners have Subs other than under the passenger's seat? I'd like to see some pics and know what's under there. The blue one I just sold that's in this tread the guy from AZ that bought it put one 10" under the back two seats on either side. Once I get pics I'll be sure and pass them along. I can't wait to get me JL 13W7 in the downfire box but I'm affraid it might bust the windshield. Two frieds of mine had these and they've blown the back windows out of their vehicles. Glad I got the bass knob so I can adjust quickly! One buddy's was in a Infiniti G35 Coupe back window on the hatchback blew completely out while it was still at the stereo shop being put in another had two JL 13W7's in the back of his tahoe blew ALL four windows out....
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-15-2006, 4:18 PM Reply   
gotta say you know how to pick a boat that color scheme is awesome. Cant wait to get a pull behind after the system gets put in. ready to get my pole wet.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-15-2006, 4:44 PM Reply   
I've never considered a Calabria, but the space is definitely there, and the pure vert system is simple but brilliant. No pumps must be very nice...
Old     (ian30)      Join Date: Jan 2005       08-15-2006, 5:58 PM Reply   
Here is one of my subs at the drivers feet. I spent a lot of time relocating heater and such to make room. And a picture of a speaker I added in the middle of the cupholders, just had to relocate the cupholders closer together.Upload
Upload
Old     (knwebs)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-15-2006, 7:49 PM Reply   
Cracker looks really good. I've been eyeing that spot under the drivers seat. Did you cut the rise off the plastic foot rest or just modify the box to accomidate it. I'd guess cutting it off.. I've always wondered by Calabria doesn't put at least two more speakers in the boat, like up front in the seats on the bow???
Old     (ian30)      Join Date: Jan 2005       08-16-2006, 7:02 AM Reply   
I cut the footrest off, but in retrospect, I didn't need to, I just got frustrated when trying to build the box as it was my first one. I think I could do a much better job now that i have done a couple, but I'm tired of working on stuff so it is what it is. i don't think they put any speakers up front because of how easy it is to dunk the nose if you don't know what you are doing - i did it quite a few times before i learned.
Old     (cathy)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-16-2006, 7:48 AM Reply   
Cracker, if I recall you did it this weekend.
Old     (ian30)      Join Date: Jan 2005       08-16-2006, 9:54 AM Reply   
Fine Cathy, your right again, i still haven't learned....yes folks, i dunked the nose so hard water came over the windshield, in my defense, the boat was weighted for surfing which makes manuevering a bit more difficult. Two weeks prior, I took a roller over the side also - why didn't you bring that one up. You know you dipped the nose while driving also - so zip it!
Old     (ian30)      Join Date: Jan 2005       08-16-2006, 11:28 AM Reply   
Ken - I really don't have any time to make you a sub box, but you or any competent stereo install place could make a much cooler one than mine. I think if I was to do it again, I would make more of it out of fiberglass to make the fitment easier. Mine is 1.3 cu ft and it is pretty much as big as would fit. As far as the water, I didn't hit my own roller, but I was in a busy area and they were coming from everywhere. I had probably about 4 inches of water on the floor and had to pull the lid off of the cooler to get it to flow out faster. I pretty much take water over somewhere a bunch of times when weighted for surfing in a busy area - just part of it.
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-19-2006, 2:46 PM Reply   
here is mine. fyi, it is for sale:

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/358717.html?1156020469

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-21-2006, 9:58 AM Reply   
Neptunes did a sweet job hiding a Treo TSX-12 in a sealed box under the console. Unfortunately I don't have any pics, but if you still want to see them I'll get them next time I'm at the boat.

There actually isn't much to see. Jim cut the footrest out to make room for the box, then made a new wall that covers the whole thing. You can imagine a carpeted wall flush with the console with a heater vent, fire extinguisher, and iPod mount all attached. It's a nice clean install, and the boat pounds with the single Treo 12".