Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old    Isaac Gredinberg (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-22-2006, 9:55 AM Reply   
does anyone know a place in the san jose area that demos props? or has a really good selection?
Old    Mikeski (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-23-2006, 12:52 AM Reply   
Isaac, is it for your Bayliner XT?

You might need to find a place close to the water like Larson's in Stockton, but I would not recommend them.
Old    Isaac Gredinberg (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-23-2006, 7:46 AM Reply   
Ya, it is.. Whats wrong with Larsons?

BTW, how do you like your demented?
Old    Rod (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-30-2006, 10:29 AM Reply   
Isaac,
Kevins prop shop in Antioch has been good to me and they have an excellent reputation. He also does tune-ups and other small jobs like steering cables ect.
Old    Someone Else (deltahoosier)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-30-2006, 2:39 PM Reply   
I second Kevin's Prop shop. He has done pretty much all the work on both my boats I've owned.
Old    Mikeski (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-30-2006, 11:48 PM Reply   
Demented is a good board with lots of surface area on the front/back for popping off the wake. Unfortunately after back surgery 3 months ago I am back on my old predictable forgiving Belmont.
Old    Rod McInnis (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-31-2006, 11:24 AM Reply   
Hmmm, I suspect Mike mixed up his windows here, but what the heck. Mike, I am surprised that you are doing any wakeboarding at all three months after back surgery!

A few years ago my son dislocated his shoulder while wakeboarding. It was in June, and we had just bought a new SAN in March so he was determined to keep riding. For the next couple of months he strapped his bad arm down and rode one handed!

Now, back to the program:
Isaac: I haven't paid close attention because I don't own an I/O but I know that Boat Masters II in Pleasanton and Larsons in Stockton have demo props for I/O. Boat Masters is a Mercury dealer so I would assume their props are for Mercruisers. I don't recall what I/O brand Larsons would be.

I would recommend doing a repair/dealer search for your outdrive and calling all the shops around.
Old    Andy Parsons (sanddragon2004)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-03-2006, 11:48 AM Reply   
jim at O/I marine

297 3347