Wake 101
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (fill_er_up)      Join Date: May 2006       07-29-2006, 7:52 AM Reply   
I have three bags (left, right, walkway) that I fill/empty using one "over the side" pump. They are fly high pro x connections but still a hassle to move the pump between the fill and empty on three bags. I may do a thru hull install in the future but no time to work on it right now. I was thinking about buying additional pumps (1220gph online for like $35ea)and leaving both the fill and empty pumps connected to each bag. I figured this way I could easily add a lighter outlet near each bag and connect the fill or empty pump after throwing the correct hose over the side for each bag. Anyone done this? Working on how to cap the hoses when filled and capping the one not in use. This seems like a fast, relatively cheap way to improve the weighting process until I plumb her in down the road. Feedback or Ideas?
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-29-2006, 9:27 AM Reply   
I was going to do this exact setup. I planned on using the FH 1-way valve for the fill side and then buying smaller 750gph pumps that use standard 3/4" hose for emptying duty. This way you can use a cheap plastic garden hose valve. I had even thought about building enclosures for each side of the engine (DD) and wiring a switch on the outside for fill/empty. This way I just had to grab the correct hose, open the valve (if needed) and hit the switch.
Old     (fill_er_up)      Join Date: May 2006       07-30-2006, 5:37 AM Reply   
I like the idea of the FH 1-way valve on the fill side. As far as you know will it stop all backflow and where can you get them??
Also, what are you planning on using to stop flow out the empty as this hose will be hanging loose when not being used? One simple way I considered is just using a ball valve to open and close flow thru the hose.
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-30-2006, 2:15 PM Reply   
You can get the FH valves from anyone that sells FH/BFI stuff. Usually ~$30ea. It is essentially a one-way check valve as far as I can tell so water should not backflow.

Cheap plastic garden hose valve for the empty side (you can find them at any hardware store).

Also need the W732 adapter for 3/4" garden hose. Install the valve inline btw the sac and 750 pump or on the outlet hose. Cheap and effective.
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       07-30-2006, 7:50 PM Reply   
J, which 1220 gph pumps are you finding for $35? I have bought Rule 750's for about that.

I also recommend the garden hose valve for shutting off while the hose is in the boat. If you want a nicer valve, go to a hardware / home supply store that sells plumbing supplies for mobile homes. They use a lot of flexible tubing for water supply and have some inline plastic valves that are a little better than a garden hose valve.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-30-2006, 10:47 PM Reply   
I've heard directly from a sales guy at Wakeside that they are not getting good reviews on the new FlyHigh check valve connector... just something to keep in mind being that it's $30.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-31-2006, 5:26 AM Reply   
I had the FH Check Valve when I was using my Tsunami pumps. They works just fine for me...

That said, I only used them for a month or so. It is ony a peice of flexible material that relies upon the back pressue of the water to push it closed. I can see how over time they might start to fail.
Old     (wesgardner)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-31-2006, 6:14 AM Reply   
Here are some Tsunamis pretty cheap... hvarAID=froogle&cm_ven=Performics&cm_cat=Search&cm _pla=I%2Dsearch%28Froogle%29&cm_ite=DDI%20link
Old     (fill_er_up)      Join Date: May 2006       07-31-2006, 6:48 AM Reply   
Rich, Wes gave the link I was looking at which is the best deal I've seen. When I called them they were backordered but that may have changed now. Note that the 1220s are a 1 1/8 barbed, not threaded if that matters to you. As for the check valve, I've heard recently that these can lose some seal so I may go with a simple ball valve on both sides.
?Question?: Anyone know what size generic pvc threaded male adaptors that will fit into the x-series sacs ?
Old     (wesgardner)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-31-2006, 8:53 AM Reply   
Mine came thru with threads both ends and a elbow converting to barbed...I didn't use the "L" I just went with reinforced 1 1/4" pvc hoseUpload
Old     (fill_er_up)      Join Date: May 2006       07-31-2006, 4:06 PM Reply   
Wes, any photo of your connection at the sac?
Old     (fill_er_up)      Join Date: May 2006       08-01-2006, 5:21 PM Reply   
Just got notice Tsunami 1220s backordered with 30 day turnaround, anyone know an alternate source at a good price?


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:59 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home


© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us