I saw a 2002 x-star that someone is selling for $26,800 and wanted to know if this is a good price and if this would be a good purchase.
Here's the details:
1. engine has almost 800 hours and he told me that the maintenance has been done by his friends who have boats. He says that they done a good job like changing the oil every 50 hours.
2. one of the seats has stitching coming apart in one corner.
3. he is replacing another seat (stitching coming apart) and one glass piece because he says a tree fell on it and the insurance is taking care of it.
4. boat has 2 ballasts in the back, 1 in the middle and 2 in the front. He wasn't using them at the time but says he does and there was some water in the area of each of the ballasts. He says that he pulls the plug and drains the boat of any water around every 3 times he uses the boat and hasn't done it recently.
5. He says he has a great stereo with tower speakers but was having a problem and it did not work. He says it is minor and will get it working. He said it was working a couple of days prior but he replaced the battery and think it is just a matter of a loose wire. There was an equalizer under the dash that he says was expensive but someone stole the amps and he had to replace them but the ones he bought won't work with the equalizer unless you buy some type of adapter. I don't care about the equalizer but not sure if I should be worried about the stereo. 2 speakers in the bow and one of them broken.
6. When I first went onboard the depth finder gage cover was twisted a little to the right and he moved it back into place when I asked him about it. It appeared to be working.
7. The speedometers were not working. He said they were working a couple of days ago but thinks it is just the connections when he stopped his boat near the beach this past weekend and he said it is minor and he will make sure it is working.
8. The upholstery in back above the engine had many small 2 inch rips in it and the whole upholstery flapped a little when the boat was going fast. Not sure if this is normal.
9. one of the cupholders in the bow was broken.
Is this something that I should pursue and if yes, then is this a good price or what would be a good price? Would this be a good purchase?