Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (dentard)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-01-2006, 11:28 AM Reply   
Anyone know the "strongest" ballast sacs available? Fly high uses a Valmex material which sounds like a drug for herpies, but they state it's very strong. I'm placing these sacs in a non-finished area of my boat which are VERY challenging to get once we replace the flooring.
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-01-2006, 11:59 AM Reply   
I bought the fly high sacs they are tough and the whole system works great. I still would lay down something, no exposed sharp items. I feel that they are the best on the market. I know that they also make custom made sacs as well.
Old     (dentard)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-01-2006, 12:48 PM Reply   
Thanks! Actually, we were wanting custom sacs!

Curtis
Old    surfdad            06-01-2006, 1:01 PM Reply   
Hey Curtis, the folks at Barefoot International, Inc. are the manufacturers of Fly High Fat Sac's the two of you are referring to. They pretty much can make a fat sac to any dimensions you want, you just have to call and ask. IMO, they are the best and toughest sac on the market. The custom sac's are a bit pricey, but worth it.

(Message edited by surfdad on June 01, 2006)
Old    4sher            06-01-2006, 2:18 PM Reply   
Yep, Fly High is the only way to go for custom sacs.
Old     (niap101)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-01-2006, 7:56 PM Reply   
AGREED!
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-01-2006, 8:10 PM Reply   
Not only are they tough sacks but the have really good fill and empty connections. I returned another brand of sack just because the Fly High connectors are so much better and I had a difficult time finding something to mate to the other sack.
Old     (dentard)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-01-2006, 9:06 PM Reply   
Good to hear about the quality. I called 'em up and they're helping out with the design. Thanks for the opinions. I'm hoping to decrease the # of sacs, so a custom design will be perfect. I like the idea of hard tanks, but they're not as "practical." The mechanics have had my boat for the entire winter, and finally say they'll have her ready by the end of June. I can't imagine the ballast system not being worth the wait.