Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-13-2006, 5:19 PM Reply   
Anyone using these yet. I heard they have alot of support. Any info would be helpful.

(Message edited by twakess on May 13, 2006)

(Message edited by twakess on May 13, 2006)
Old    super_jet701            05-13-2006, 6:32 PM Reply   
My buddy just bought these. He rode them once and never wants to go back. As soon as he put his foot in it all began. Said they felt really good, support was awesome. Really liked the close toe comming in toeside said he could cut harder without his toes hitting the water. He will never go back to open toe ever again.
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-13-2006, 7:21 PM Reply   
I'm pretty happy with mine. They are pretty tight up top but I like it tight! Not sure I've noticed the difference with closed toe but I do like how it's got like a neoprene sock inside.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-13-2006, 8:07 PM Reply   
They are amazing, best boot i have ever had, i can't say anything but good things about them and you should get a pair ASAP. If you try them on in the shop, they will be really hard to get on, but after riding them one or two days, they will be perfect. I will never ride an open toe boot again. Look at the pro tour pics, most hyperlite guys and rusty are riding the 3DS's
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-13-2006, 8:37 PM Reply   
Kyle ya your right. The HL rep told me pretty much the whole team is on the 3DS. Only thing is I need to wait till the smalls come in.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-14-2006, 12:53 AM Reply   
I have been using them for the past two months and love them. All of the Hyperlite guys in Dallas are riding the 3DS boots this year.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-14-2006, 7:48 AM Reply   
I also picked them up and think they are a great, comfortable yet supportive boot. I'll never go back to a regular boot again.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-14-2006, 8:33 AM Reply   
i tried them on and they were really coomfy but they cut into my calf pretty bad :-(
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-14-2006, 8:42 AM Reply   
entrust, they are really tight the first time you put them on but believe me, this will stop. I feel like i am putting my foot in a pillow every time i wear them
Old    xtremebordgurl            05-14-2006, 12:08 PM Reply   
I just bought a pair myself and love how they fit, haven't had much of a chance to ride in them yet seeing as the boats not in yet. Just wondering, with them being so tight up top is anyone having any issues with falls and NOT comming out of the binding? Just a little nervous bout the knees... . But I defenitly have to agree, as far as comfort level, awesome, and I don't think I'll ever wear an open toe boot again. Kinda crazy to think about eh? A year ago we were all thinkin it was just a gimick... whi knows, maybe this years line up from HL and LF will change the bindings are designed forever.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-14-2006, 12:40 PM Reply   
yeah you need to take a pretty gnarly fall to come out of them, which is my favorite part, but they have been really good on my knees so far.
Old     (highmarkco)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-14-2006, 2:47 PM Reply   
I just picked up the 06 Murrays. I tried the 3ds and thought they were a little stiff. But the Murrays are sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.. Also, if you have closed toed binding try picking up your toes on a heelside carve and see how that works for ya!

DaVe
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-14-2006, 3:57 PM Reply   
I've heard they're good in colder water as well
Old     (highmarkco)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-15-2006, 6:20 AM Reply   
I live in Colorado and they are GREAT in colder water. One of the lakes I ride in August is at 10,000 feet and pure snow runoff. When I first started demoing board in late March I rode the Murrays for the first time with no issues in 48 degree water.