Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old    Andrew Kelley (tws_andrew)      Join Date: May 2004       02-13-2006, 11:12 AM Reply   
I have a friend who is looking for a new 06 and has looked at both. Both are loaded but he can only get the MCX in the x-30. I am pretty familiar with the x30 but no little about the Malibu Sunscape line.
Old    Paul (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-13-2006, 1:07 PM Reply   
Tell him to go look at them and pic the one he likes best.
Old    wake (buguru)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-25-2006, 4:42 PM Reply   
Tws, just a little info on the x30. The boat is the same as there Maristar line. The "X" is just a package they add on. The Malibu as 2 different hulls to choose from. Not just a boat with a "X" package added to it... Just some food for thought.. You might want to look into the Sunscape line.. Good luck..
Old    Midwestwakeboarder.com (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-25-2006, 5:17 PM Reply   
wake, you really seem to give impartial advice.
Old    Jeff Vaaler (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-25-2006, 6:00 PM Reply   
i was just about to say that myself. there are few things more annoying than a salesman who believes everything malibu touches turns to gold, or one who thinks mastercraft can do no wrong, or those who just can't understand why anyone would even dream of buying a wake boat without the nautique name on it, etc. etc. passion and bias is one thing, blindness is quite another.

i don't really see anything wrong with making two boats out of the same hull. one with more ballast and bling for the wakeboarding crowd; the other for people who wakeboard but also use their boat for cruising and relaxing. if malibu had the v25 wake hull (rather than the diamond) on sunscapes, i would have gone that route and added extra ballast as an option instead of buying the more blinged out vlx
Old    wake (buguru)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-27-2006, 5:31 PM Reply   
Mike, I'm not impartial at all. I just like to inform people on what others dont have the guts to say. dont get me wrong everyone builds good boat, does on build better then the other? who knows.