Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    Supreme Rob (supreme_rob)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-06-2005, 9:45 AM Reply   
I've never tried it but want to start, are there any instructional videos that give the basic's?
Old    Petr (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-06-2005, 1:12 PM Reply   
Yes and its free! Happy you

"Anyone interested in the new Inland Surfer DVD can get a free copy by
sending an email to info@inlandsurfer.com with your name and address (put
Free DVD in the subject line). The DVD covers the basics of safety and
learning how to ride and has a large section of tricks and riding footage.
"
Old    Larry Mann (niap101)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-06-2005, 6:27 PM Reply   
You can also go to www.HowToWakeSurf.com
Old    Tings (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-11-2005, 11:27 AM Reply   
i did the free video thing and got it last night. its pretty cool. about an hour long. seem like they repeat a lot of footage though, but i reccomend it, not a scam.
Old    Scott Henderson (mudsurfer)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-12-2005, 10:49 AM Reply   
Rob thats a nice boat you have there i think i have seen it before,haha i think my proshop can get you a video call me.
Old    4sher            11-14-2005, 9:26 AM Reply   
Please let us know if there is anything else you would like to see in the vid. We'll be doing another one next year and are always looking for ideas and suggestions
Old    Steve Stafford (stevstaf)      Join Date: May 2001       11-15-2005, 5:35 PM Reply   
More bikinis? No, seriously, it was a very good dvd and I appreciated getting it. You did a great job on it. Thanks for sending it so promptly.
Old    Petr (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-16-2005, 3:41 PM Reply   
I am also very happy to get your video and that finaly somebody decided to make wakesurf video, thanx Mark.

Suggestions are obvious, simply compare your video with others you like, watch the difference and you get it. (I like first Landlock promo video)
i.e. Cut more to get better dynamic in footage.
Maybe use not so slow slo-mo. Shoot all season to get more footage. Show falls and goofy stuff. Bikini too

Use more manual functions than automatic on your camcorder - for sharping and ligth stability (i.e. manual focus, white and colour balance). Rent camcorder with bigger lens and 3CDDs for better picture. Use external mic with that antiwind foam and you get way better sound. Or just simple stick piece of thin foam with double sided tape over grill of your build in mic - it quite reduce that nice windy noise.

Take care bout "special" effects. Audio level - when somebody talks to camera and turn his head away and level of sound drops (use microports etc.), hairs in picture (but I love this touch).

Take care with postproduction (graphic, efects, maybe colorgrading) and good encoding to DVD format (its critical) and you will be surprised what you can produce - your work is worth of it.

Or call my brother. He is director of photography in Chicago and he would like to try some wakesurfing for sure :-)
Old    Petr (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-16-2005, 3:54 PM Reply   
Videos are that, what can definitely help to wakesurfing make some progress. Evrybody is watching them for inspirations.
Old    4sher            11-16-2005, 4:53 PM Reply   
GREAT FEEDBACK. Thanks!
Old    Petr (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-17-2005, 8:53 AM Reply   
You are welcome, just "few" tips

Or you can be first in industry and jump to Hi Definition bandwagon and shoot instead of DV on HDV format.
Check stuning difference
http://www.ningalooreefteach.com/hdv.wmv

or this beatifull big UW videos files
http://www.ningalooreefteach.com/FX1.htm

Instead of 480 lines you get breathtaking 1080 lines!! So you resize it down you can produce awesome DVDs with standart resolution and also HDTV version DVD playable in your PC to your HDTV plasma or TV. And in same price level :-).

Look at this 2 sonys
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=351515&is=REG& addedTroughType=search

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=385368&is=REG& addedTroughType=search

Smaller one has not so sensitive chip in low light conditions.

So for a price of DV camcorder you get quality of 16mm or nearly 35mm film footage. :-)
Old    4sher            11-17-2005, 9:10 AM Reply   
Nice cameras. The only problem is we spend all of our money on the boats. How about you get the camera, and you can be our director/camera man for the next vid?
Old    airwarrior04 (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-17-2005, 10:32 PM Reply   
I also got the DVD like 2 weeks ago. great DVD and thanks alot.
Old    gp (goinboardn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-18-2005, 1:09 PM Reply   
I got my DVD last night.. and watched the whole thing... the interesting thing I found along with my "FREE" DVD was an invoice for $10 COD. I guess i will pay just out of respect for what y'all are doing for the industry, but from here on out i will be leary of any more "FREE" advertisements.
Old    Jeff Walker (surfdad)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-18-2005, 4:05 PM Reply   
Hey gp, that doesn't sound like Jeff Page at Inland Surfer. He's a standup guy. Drop him an email and ask what's up, I'd be willing to bet he'll make it right.
Old    JF (inland_surfer)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-18-2005, 5:40 PM Reply   
hay gp I think you boat is sinking, we have sent out over 380 DVD's out and all of them have been FREE except yours sorry dude.
Old    Steve Stafford (stevstaf)      Join Date: May 2001       11-18-2005, 5:42 PM Reply   
gp, I agree with Jeff Walker. I'm certain that the $10 COD invoice was put in your DVD mailing by accident. You're the only one I've heard of that got an invoice so I'm sure it's a mistake.
Old    JF (inland_surfer)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-18-2005, 5:55 PM Reply   
hay gp, You are looking at the ten dollar
C.O.D wrong. It's if you place an order for product and want pay by the way of C.O.D
[ collect on delivery ] it will cost you an additional ten dollars. The DVD's are free to
promote our sport.
Old    gp (goinboardn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-18-2005, 7:11 PM Reply   
Right on! Thanks for the clarification! It is just a coincidence that the DVD is listed at $10 above on the price list and that is also the price in the COD space so i figured i owed "cash on delivery".

Thanks for the DVD I enjoyed it very much.
Old    Blair (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-19-2005, 6:03 PM Reply   
I got mine yesterday watched it today... good video... info on it should make it easier to get the newbies up next year (gonna get them to watch it before we go out on the boat)