Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old    upupnaway            09-18-2005, 4:36 AM Reply   
My brother was preparing to ride yesterday. As he was doing so, there was a waverunner coming slowly down the shoreline towing an old ski boat. As they pas by, the guy in the boat and the guy on the waverunner were talking back and forth... the only statement we heard clearly was "Now he's in the water". We thought they were talking about my brother, because he had just jumped in. We sat there a moment, letting them get clear of us before starting. I was grabbing the video camera when I hear my brother shout "THERE'S A MOUSE ON MY FOOT!"
Sure enough, that was what the two dudes were talking about. We scooped up the little guy, put him in the rubber-maid that we use for our towels, and set him free on shore.

The official rodent of the X-games.
Old    Bob (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-19-2005, 5:22 AM Reply   
Now how do you suppose he got in?
Old    fng03            09-20-2005, 6:06 PM Reply   
I must admit, it was the last thing that I really expected to have happen to me that day. Then again, I didn't really expect to end the day having landed several wake-to-wakes for the first time ever, either. It was a happy day for me and the mouse - I got a new trick and he didn't die!
Old    proho (proho)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-20-2005, 7:56 PM Reply   
my friend had a racoon trapped in a compartemnt on their boat and my boat has claw marks in the upholestery(sp?) bastard 'coons.
Old    fng03            09-20-2005, 8:22 PM Reply   
A raccoon on my board would have been fairly unpleasant...
Old    Kevin McGuirk (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-21-2005, 12:51 AM Reply   
awww its sooooooo cute! lol. Here is a cat in a boat that could keep the mouse company hehe...
Old    Ronia (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-21-2005, 6:07 AM Reply   
Kevin,
What is up with the condition of that boat?
Old    eric fox (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-21-2005, 6:20 AM Reply   
That's that boat that was outside of a condo complex, uncovered and all. Wow, I used the word "That" alot in the sentance!

Eric
Old    Ronia (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-21-2005, 6:23 AM Reply   
gotcha.
is that boat still there?
Old    Craig Cox (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-21-2005, 7:06 AM Reply   
That was the boat that started a thread a while back. Everyone thought it was an orphan and someone was consittering to take it under their wing as their own hahah.
Old    Kevin McGuirk (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-21-2005, 1:51 PM Reply   
yup, it still hasn't moved in over a year. And I was tempted to "adopt" it, which would have been quite easy considering there was no tongue lock or even chocks. After going to the police station and doing a bunch of other homework to see if the boat was stolen and just dumped, I ended up finding the owner (who must be a complete slapdick). So yeah, that poor boat just sits out there with a cat in it and mold growing all over it. I put up that pic since it was along the animal/boat theme :-) haha
Old    Bruce Banner (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-21-2005, 3:58 PM Reply   
Hijack...

What is that boat owner thinking? I take such care with my boat that it hurts just looking at that thing.

end hijack