Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old    billgjohnson            08-22-2005, 11:52 AM Reply   
I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find any info doing a search. Does anyone have a Valhalla? What do they think? I'm looking at a 143.
Old    mango (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-22-2005, 12:31 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65919/227821.html
Old    Paul Bernier (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-22-2005, 12:40 PM Reply   
explodes like a Subjekt but as easy to ride and speed of a trip. the board finless is amazing and fun to ride because it holds as well as a trip but when neutral is as easy as a substance to spin around. would be a great slider board for the above reason. top deck has some raised grooves that have saved me many-a-times from having the board slip out of my hand while holding it. nothing to special on landings as far as how soft it lands... but I was riding both a TFD before this board and I think the TFD lands softer then any other board. i think anyone riding a subjekt now and is looking for a step up this board is for you.

(I've never ridden with the crook fins... I don't see a need)
Old    Ryan Shimabukuro (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-22-2005, 9:03 PM Reply   
Bill,
I just got the 138 and rode it first with the crook fins and then without it. I like it better without the crook fins because it still holds a good edge and releases off the top the wake smoother. The crook fins just seem to lock me in too much to the wake so it felt like I was fighting the wake.
Overall, I'm impressed with it. It's slower then I normally like because I have always ridden a continuous rocker but it still has enough speed for my liking, pops well, and lands solid. The swing weight on spins seems good so the board rotates easily.
Old    Matthew (mgswed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-24-2005, 7:41 AM Reply   
I just got this board and am waiting for my alphas to come in today. I love the board already. holds nice, very comfortable through the wake, good pop.
Old    Tyler Hildebrand (ty540)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-24-2005, 3:30 PM Reply   
The Valhalla is sick. I ride it finless. It's smooth, feels great on the water, has very solid and controllable pop, and lands soft. The great thing about it is that you can set it up in so many different ways. BTW, I ride the 143.