Wake 101
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (superair)      Join Date: May 2000       05-17-2005, 12:51 PM Reply   
I'm getting my ballast system drawn out and can't seem to find any check valves i would like to have them in a 1" or 3/4" size. I would love to have some with a spring loaded flap in it so I have some pressure when filling sacs. But I'll go for any type. Please help me out.

Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-17-2005, 1:08 PM Reply   
My local Home Depot has them in both sizes for irrigation systems, nice free flowing units.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       05-17-2005, 3:59 PM Reply

Why do you want spring loaded? It's my undertanding they can restict water flow. I used PVC swing check valves.

(Message edited by Phat in Cincy on May 17, 2005)
Old     (mx21)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-17-2005, 9:23 PM Reply   
Whale check valves - available in 3/4 or 1". Westmarine/Boater's World/etc. classNum=71&subdeptNum=70&storeNum=11

Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-18-2005, 5:18 AM Reply
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-18-2005, 10:44 AM Reply   
You should let us know more about the system you are you installing...
I am pretty sure you are you using simer reversible...
where are you thinking of putting in your check valves? are you emptying out the same hole you are filling?
if you are you only need one ball valve on your thru hull fitting(the simers will only let water flow when they are turned on thus acting like a check valve)
Old     (superair)      Join Date: May 2000       05-18-2005, 11:43 AM Reply   
haha yeah gordon I'm using the pumps you shipped me. THANKS A MILLION I want a check valve on the overflow line so no air comes back into the sac, and I want another before the through hull so I can redirect the empty overboard so I can see when they are empty. oh yeah they are going to go into a 05 wakesetter lsv.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-18-2005, 11:51 AM Reply   
ok, I did not put overfil lines cause I can see all my sacs, and I just pump back out the thruhull mushroom fitting
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-18-2005, 7:55 PM Reply   
you should definitely use swing check valves for that. most of the spring loaded types won't open below 3-5 psi, which is too much.
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-18-2005, 8:30 PM Reply   
you can use PVC pipe (cut to size and glued) as an adapter to fit into your check valves. its a fast and easy, inexpensive fix. works great for me


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 5:45 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home


© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us