Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old    wissota            05-11-2005, 9:33 AM Reply   
Thought about getting a boom for one more thing to do. I would install on FCT. Any feedback?
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-11-2005, 9:53 AM Reply   
John, I have heard good things about them, but I only know people who have installed them on a zero flex tower, I would assume the FCT would work really well with them. Are you going out anytime soon? I was thinking about heading out this weekend if there is no rain.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-11-2005, 10:29 AM Reply   
My boat is a Centurion Cyclone
I used it all last year.
I has some great advantages
The boom is out of the boat nothing to climb over.
The boom is shorter since it does not have to be long enough to go to the center of the boat.
IT is very solid no spring back.
IF you have a V drive it allows you to get the boom up where it needs to be so the footer is out of the spray.

However like many things there are disadvantages.
The height of the boom is adjustable but not near as easy as a pylon mounted boom.
IT is harder to put on you will need to be at a dock to put it on

If I had a inboard I would probably get a regular boom. With a V drive no question get a Tower boom.

Old    wissota            05-11-2005, 2:14 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input! Jason hope to get the boat in this week-end; I'm ready. I'll call you to see what your schedule is like.
Old     (99air)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-12-2005, 4:54 AM Reply   
John, I use the tower boom on my VLX with the Skylon tower.
Just like Kevin mentioned if you have a v drive it is the best way to go.
I put mine on and take it off while on the water with no problems.

Ken