Hi All Stereo Experts. Sorry for the long post.
This is what I've aquired so far:
1. Kicker COMP 10" Sub in a QLogic Box that I'm going to mount under the drivers feet area. 125 W RMS at 4 Ohms.
2. Sony CDX-F7705 Head Unit with the Wired Sony RM-XM10W remote.
3. Fusion T-Series Combo tower speakers 250W RMS each at 2Ohms.
4. My existing system already has a 4 channel amp with 4 speakers in the cabin and it OK.
What I'm thinking of getting. Need Opinions:
1. I was going to drive the Kicker Sub with an MTX 251D Mono channel AMP. Seems' pretty good for the price. Opinions?
2. I was going to drive the tower speakers with an MTX Thunder 502 2 channel amp. It puts out 250 W RMS at 2 Ohms. Opinions?
The next part I get a little foggy about:
1. I think I need a second battery. I've got a blue top optima for my primary cranking battery and was going to get a yellow top for the secondary stereo battery.
2. When I put in the second battery, do I just need a battery isolator, and what brand should I get?
3. Do I also need a Perko switch? Not sure what this thing does.
Once she's all wired up, I'll have 4 speakers in the cabin driven by my existing 4 amp that puts out about 125W RMS per channel at 4 Ohms. I'll have the tower speakers and the sub both powered by their own AMPs too as mentioned above.
The last thing I need to do is be able to drive more or less power to the tower speakers vs the in-cabin speakers. I want to be able to push alot of power to the tower for the rider to hear, while not blowing out everyone in the boat. I've seen this product called an LC-1 or an LC-2 that looks like it might do the job, but I'm not sure if that's the right thing.
Any help from any of you experts would be great.