Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old    jake_mi            08-24-2004, 9:37 AM Reply   
how does loading the line give you air. is it only when you have a tower
because it seems like line tension would pull you down if you are goin from the eye on the back.
Old     (wakeboarder123)      Join Date: May 2004       08-24-2004, 1:47 PM Reply   
no
i have ...well not a very good boat it has an outboard motor with like a "u" shaped metal bar thing( not sure wut its called) and i can get pretty good rope tention and get some nice air.
but u might be right .
a tower probably could get u better rope tention
but hey wudda i no

peace
Old     (braap)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-24-2004, 7:15 PM Reply   
how do you load the line?
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-25-2004, 7:31 AM Reply   
Loading the line creates more speed and a better edge at the wake. Where your line is tied only has an effect once you are in the air.
Old    sk8joe01            08-25-2004, 7:47 AM Reply   
it has to do with energy transfer, you build alot of tention on the line and when you pop off the wake all the energy built up there transfers into throwing you into the air. or something like that. all i kno is good tention and hard edge all the way thru the wake = pop. and our boat has a very little wake i manage to get up into the air. oh, make sure you have a nonstrech rope (spectra), it helps a ton
Old    r_dub            08-25-2004, 8:13 AM Reply   
I rode behind a boat without a pylon or tower for years, and here is what I found. If you cut out super wide, and take a long hard cut at the wake, I found to have a lot of problems. When you take that kind of cut, you are setting yourself up to go further instead of higher. When I did this, I could really feel the rope pulling me down during the peek of my jump, which at this point, was way out in the flats. It was like my board wanted to keep going, and it would eventually drift behind me because my body was being pulled back towards the boat. But, if you go only like 5 to 10 foot out, and then edge back in all the way through the wake, you can still get good pop and decent air. You just dont go out into the flats.
But personally, I think the pylon is worth it. Even if you have a I/O, get a universal pylon. It really does make a big difference.

(Message edited by r_dub on August 25, 2004)