Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    sublimed            02-23-2004, 3:39 AM Reply   
Hi everyone.
I've been riding my 03 parks 138 for sometime now. but have still learnt to fully control it.
thou i'm getting decent air, i've a problem of keep the nose of the board from rocketing up. i understand it is due to not loading the front leg enough.
when i make a concious effort to load...my weight feels like 70-30 to the front, with the front leg doing most of the work.
i'm riding the 03 parks with 1.3 A-wings. Thinking of sizing down to 1.1s in a couple of weeks.
Let me in on how u guys ride.

cheers!

(Message edited by sublimed on February 23, 2004)
Old    upupnaway            02-23-2004, 5:38 AM Reply   
You may be pulling your back foot up when your front foot leaves the wake, and not getting any pop from it. A buddy of mine does the same thing, and he looks crooked when he flies throught the air.
keith
Old    jzwake            02-23-2004, 5:51 AM Reply   
i ride my parks like every other board I've ever ridden and have no problem. slack in teh line can cause your nose to sail up.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-23-2004, 7:13 AM Reply   
It's a heavy 3 stage rocker board so if you're talking about wake jumping then try "punching" the tail down at the wake and the board will react totally different - just remember to adjust in the air.
Something that will help you with control is to practice board slides and ollies both front and switch.
I ride with 1.1's and it's plenty of grip in my opinion.
Old    banks            02-23-2004, 7:21 AM Reply   
i have been riding mine for a while and found after about the first month of riding that you have to evenly distrib the weight in the center of the board, and it is a much slower ride. if you go fast on it you will come to far out the water when you go to jump. you really need to be able to use a progressive edge to ride the board, and be solid on the water when you are riding it.
Old    crash_and_burn            02-23-2004, 4:38 PM Reply   
Yo, David is right. The board rides like nothing else. Take the pop off of the back leg and stand tall. also ride the edge firm into the wake, then when you release or ease up, don't try to slide it. It's not going to take the wake like a premier or belmont, and get rid of thoese fins, Get the smaller ones. Note, if u practice the side thing, the board will NOT roll or rock. It's a firm slide with very little movement. If u don't belive me, have 2 people ride together, one on a parks and the other on a premier, have them do the same tricks,, watch the difference in the boards. Maybe this will help. Good luck
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-23-2004, 8:21 PM Reply   
Or go out and find a board that doesn't make you change your riding style...
Old    sublimed            02-24-2004, 11:20 PM Reply   
thanks for the feedback guys.
will be changing to 1.1 A wings soon, but sticking to the parks board. thou i LOVE the new plat prodigy!!!