Based on the following from Dictionary.com, I'd have to go with sport.
a. Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.
b. A particular form of this activity.
2. An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.
3. An active pastime; recreation.
a. Mockery; jest: He made sport of his own looks.
b. An object of mockery, jest, or play: treated our interests as sport.
c. A joking mood or attitude: She made the remark in sport.
a. One known for the manner of one's acceptance of rules, especially of a game, or of a difficult situation: a poor sport.
b. Informal. One who accepts rules or difficult situations well.
c. Informal. A pleasant companion: was a real sport during the trip.
a. A person who lives a jolly, extravagant life.
b. A gambler at sporting events.
7. Biology. An organism that shows a marked change from the normal type or parent stock, typically as a result of mutation.
8. Maine. See summercater. See Regional Note at summercater.
9. Obsolete. Amorous dalliance; lovemaking
a. Something that takes place; an occurrence.
b. A significant occurrence or happening. See Synonyms at occurrence.
c. A social gathering or activity.
2. The final result; the outcome.
3. Sports. A contest or an item in a sports program.
4. Physics. A phenomenon or occurrence located at a single point in space-time, regarded as the fundamental observational entity in relativity theory.