Just got back from the VTC here in Indy. Overall it was a fantastic day...just caught the wakeskating and mens wakeboarding.
Off the top of my head, my impressions of the "overall" event itself...
- Amazing water conditions and weather
- The riding on both wakeskating and wakeboarding was fantastic - alot of guys going big
- Exhibition setup/parking/boat vendors etc. setup was done very well.
- Price was good - $5 to get in and the standard buck or two for food items
- Surprisingly, I like the riding/scoring format, as much as I could tell what it was...
- Park's and Shane's Mom was chatting to my wife about her(my wife's) pregnancy - She IS as nice as everyone says.
- You have to first wait in line to buy tickets and then use the tickets to buy food....worst setup I have ever seen
- The announcing was horrible...half the time, they were not paying attention to that fact that anyone had left the starting dock. If you did hear the name of the rider, it was'nt until they were 3/4 of the way down the course. Spent most of the time making small talk that should have been filler between riders.
- They had the announcer booth right next to the water, which made it almost impossible to see the entire course - move it back 30 feet and you have a less obstructed view. (this may have been a necessity based on the location, but I don't think so)
-A few sightings of "mature" women wearing outfits designed to fit their college aged granddaughters.
-A couple of mullet sightings.
Overall it was fantastic event, and would encourage any wakeboarder to make it out there...its great inspiration to push yourself next time your on the water.
Great job to everyone involved!!