Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old    mike_hart            07-02-2003, 1:03 PM Reply   
what is the best wakeskating movie or the movie with the best wakeskating segments.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-02-2003, 1:46 PM Reply   
Possibly Sfumato - the new video from Cassette. It's not out yet but will be soon, I think they just have to finish up the credits and then get the DVD finalized. They had a premier in Portland and the video definitely has some amazing riding in it. In fact, one of the top pros told Aaron Reed that after watching it he wants to give up wakeboarding and learn to wakeskate (although I hear he's already pretty good on the skate).

http://www.sfumatomovie.com/
Old    warlock00            07-03-2003, 6:44 AM Reply   
bombox has some good stuff in it, although it is mostly wakeboarding.
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-03-2003, 10:03 AM Reply   
Anyone know if Sfumato will be FILLED with all sorts of other junk besides the riding like Linear Perspective? Don't get me wrong, the riding in LP was awesome, I just tired real fast of the barrage of other stuff.

Snap has some sick riding in it.
Old     (wakebo2169)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-03-2003, 10:15 AM Reply   
From what i've read on other sites, sfumato is mainly wakeskating with a little artsy stuff in it. I know a lot of people don't like the art, but thats what Cassette has become synonymous with and I enjoy it and respect it becuase i know it takes a long time to do and gives them their own unique image in a wakeboard/skate market full of people who look the same. But yea, its supposed to be a great movie. SNap isnt bad, but if you want a movie right now with real good wakeskating get Linear Perspective to hold you over til sfumato comes out
Old    paco            07-07-2003, 2:21 PM Reply   
mike : linear perspective is avail at sideways.com and it is the best wakeskating movie released that i have seen. you can also pre order the new Cassette movie at their site and you should be getting it in less than a month if you pre order it now : peas :: paco

www.buttermag.com
Old    paco            07-07-2003, 2:22 PM Reply   
sorry www.sidewayz.com
Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-08-2003, 6:50 AM Reply   
Snap is Insane. 90 mins of great instruction followed by 45 mins of some of the sickest freeriding ever !!!
Old    warlock00            07-08-2003, 7:21 AM Reply   
I agree snap is really good, just watched most of it last night.