Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old    trigx5            06-28-2003, 2:04 PM Reply   
I think I finally made my decision and am going to go with a fosgate 401s 2 channel($135.00 on ebay) for my 2 tower speakers(100watts ea. @4ohms) and bridge a second 401s for the sub. Last question. Would I be better off to go with a mono sub amp instead of using a two channel? Thanks for the help!!!
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       06-28-2003, 10:08 PM Reply   
the one you picked out should work just fine
Old    audioformz            06-29-2003, 8:59 PM Reply   
Joel,

I always suggest going with a 2 channel amp over a single channel amp because of the flexibility. You can always use the 2 channel amp as a mono amp for sub bass or later use it as a 2 channel amp for stereo. Your stuck with a mono amp strictly for sub bass applications.

--Ronnie
www.audioformz.com
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-30-2003, 3:04 AM Reply   
not to discount what they said and i do agree but one of the advantages with a mono amp is that many are class "D" rated which means you get more audio power per amp of electricity/more efficient = less strain on an alternator
Old     (dba4life)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-30-2003, 7:57 AM Reply   
At that price for those amps I think you will be happy. I think the 401 bridged will do just fine with your sub and you will have flexibility later.

Are you going to mount them together with their link piece? Make it look like one big amp?

Kevin
Old    trigx5            06-30-2003, 1:57 PM Reply   
Kevin,
The amps are going to be visible so I most likely will link them.