Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old    wilson (3puttwilson)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-08-2003, 7:05 PM Reply   
I bought some kicker tower speakers and could use some advice on getting the speaker wire down through the tower on my ZeroFlex. I can take it to my local shop and they will do it for around $75. I can hook everything up if I can get the wire fished through the tower.
Thanks
Old    Darren Yearsley (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-08-2003, 7:12 PM Reply   
I've heard you can drill the hole then suck through a leader string using a shop vac. I haven't done it myself yet so I'm not sure how successful it is.
Old    Alan (tigeal)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-08-2003, 7:26 PM Reply   
I drilled my holes then "fished" a stiff wire from top down letting gravity help and pulled the wire out the hole with needle nose, now you can tape your speaker wires to the fish and pull them through.
Old    jdr            06-08-2003, 7:48 PM Reply   
Drill your holes, get lightweight string (dental floss works well), tie a piece of plastic bag to the string, start it in one of the holes, use shop vac and suck from the other hole.
Old    Bob (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-09-2003, 1:05 AM Reply   
Thanks Jay, where were you when i was trying for hours to suck my regular piece of string throught the tower with a shop vac, pain in my arse. :-) Looks and functions mucho better now.
Old    Bob (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-09-2003, 1:06 AM Reply   
Oh yea wilson dont forget to let gravity help, suck from the bottom of course.
Old    cws_kahuna            06-09-2003, 6:36 AM Reply   
I used fishing string, tied something to the end of it for a little weight, and used the shop vac just like posted above. The first wire was a little easier to get through vs the second. I bought some rubber grommets to place in the drilled holes, to give it a finished look. It really was not to bad of a job. I would say though if you plan on adding more than 1 set of speakers to have a pro do it.
Old    whitechocolate            06-09-2003, 6:59 AM Reply   
Make Life Easy On yourself" Purchace a Fish Tape they cost around $10 and look like this. It make the job your trying to do to very easy. For more install tip's check my website located on my profile

I dont know why I cant up load the phot of the fish tape??????
Old    whitechocolate            06-09-2003, 7:02 AM Reply   
Ok here it is. This is what ya need. It will make pulling wires easy and you will use it for other things as well as your tower, Good Luck
www.svtsupercharger.com/gallery
comming soon Boatbeats.com
Old    wilson (3puttwilson)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-09-2003, 11:57 AM Reply   
Hey thanks for the input.
I took it by to let my stereo guys look at it. They recommended a marine grade amp for the tower speakers. It's on order. There will only be one hole to drill. The bottom part of the tower will need a hole drilled into it. The top arm already has a hole in it. The other side of the tower has the wires for the navigational light on top of the tower running through it so I'm going to do it just like that.
Does anyone have any pics of the finished job on a ZeroFlex?