Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old     (3puttwilson)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-07-2003, 3:52 PM Reply   
I took it out last week and everything worked with no leaks.
I ran 1" tubing and slid it into the opening of the fat sacs and put a clamp around it. The drain/fill tubing runs all the way into the bag so when draining it pretty much sucks all the water out. The vent tube is inserted about 1.5" to allow air to escape when filling. The overflow worked great. I was a little worried but no problems there. It's so easy to do and well worth it. Now I only hand fill one sac in the bow. At least for now.
My set up is 1,000 pounds in the back, factory in ski locker and 540 pounds in the bow.

(Message edited by 3puttwilson on April 07, 2003)
Old    wakelvr            04-07-2003, 4:11 PM Reply   
Very Nice JOB!!!! Ja and I may have to copy you. We may be calling you with better directions..... if you don't mind:-)

We are going to try our boat out this Sunday with 520 lbs of lead in the front and mid ship, the three standard ballasts (900lbs ??) and an additional fat buddy in each locker (300 lbs each). That may not be enough... eh???
Old     (houseofpayne)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-07-2003, 4:14 PM Reply   
Nice job Wilson...
Now can you make a platform that is as high as the sack inflates so that you can put stuff in the back and not have it sit on the sacks...
Old     (raider40)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-07-2003, 4:51 PM Reply   
Wilson - about how long does it take to fill the sacs with the stock pumps? I'm looking at doing the same thing with mine but thought i'd see how everyone else's worked first.

Also - any trouble with the boat planing slow? We've been running with stock KGB (900#) plus 350# on each side of the engine and 500# in the bow and with a full tank of gas and 4 guys the boat planes extremely slow - slow enough we have to put 2 guys in the bow to get it to plane at all.
Old     (3puttwilson)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-07-2003, 5:31 PM Reply   
Zack-we've only had it out once but I don't think it planed slow. I was riding and it popped me up pretty fast. I will be able to tell much better driving or riding in the boat. To be honest I didn't time how long it took to fill them up. It didn't seem to take very long though. Those pumps seem to be pretty fast.

Jason-That's a good idea. Have you built a platform? Mainly we just put our wet stuff back there but that would be nice though.

Stefani-I'll be glad to give you more info. It really is so simple you won't believe it. It doesn't take long at all once you get the tanks out. I bought all the supplies at Home Depot.
When we took it out the other day I had 1,000 in the back, stock ballast in ski locker and 300 pound sac in the bow. The wake had a very nice shape but wasn't quite big enough. I ordered a 540 pound launch sac for the bow so I'll see how that does. I think between 1,800-2,000 pounds should do the trick. Will you leave the lead in the boat when you trailer it?