Wake 101
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    kmc            03-13-2003, 1:55 PM Reply   
Sorry for the title, but I didn't know what else to call it. I guess I have what I think is a really stupid question but since I don't know the answer, I have to ask it. OK, look at the picture below.

This is an example of what I would call a portable ballast pump. Now the "stupid" question.

Since these pumps (rule, Atwood, etc.) are not reversible & they don't appear to be set up to swap the hose from the "in" side to the "out" side, are you supposed to lean over the side of your boat & only submerge the 2" long nipple on the "in" side to pump the water or are these pumps designed so you can submerge the entire pump in the water? Does this make any sense?
Old    Troy (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       03-13-2003, 4:57 PM Reply   

You just toss the whole pump in the water. If you want to save a little time you can buy another fitting for the other end of the pump, this way you won't have to change it each time you fill and drain.
Old    kmc            03-13-2003, 10:47 PM Reply   
Troy, does this mean that the electrical connection & motor are water tight? I would most likely add hose to both ends as you suggest but I was curious because the pumps don't come that way. Thanks for the help.
Old    Troy (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       03-13-2003, 11:04 PM Reply   

Yes it is all water tight in there (as far as I know) I have three Rule pumps and I have been throwing them over the side for three years now, never had a problem. Btw, you don't need a hose at the intake, you can just thread the blue filler adapter right to the pump. The pump works best when submerged, it would be very difficult to prime if you attached a hose and stuck just the hose in the water.

Old    kmc            03-13-2003, 11:14 PM Reply   
Thanks Troy. I have an Attwood pump. Do you think this would be the same? Just dunk & pump??
Old    Sandy Vandebult (sandbag)      Join Date: May 2002       03-14-2003, 7:21 AM Reply   
Dunk and pump! Perfect!!


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 3:49 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home


© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us