Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-21-2019, 4:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
We already covered Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal. If you want to acknowledge those lies and verify some semblance of shared reality then people here might take you seriously enough to engage re: the thousands of other lies.
No asked you for just one, but you could not answer that. I asked you when is it appropriate to build a wall, and you did not answer that. You are stuck on his sex capades before he was a politician. I am curious how has this affected your life?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-21-2019, 4:22 PM Reply   
Are you completely brain dead? You asked for lies - these are lies that are being maintained to this day - end of story. Acknowledge that the president continues to lie about these affairs to this day and we can go from there.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-21-2019, 4:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Are you completely brain dead? You asked for lies - these are lies that are being maintained to this day - end of story. Acknowledge that the president continues to lie about these affairs to this day and we can go from there.
Actually i have been very respectful of you. I have not called you any names. You never came up with a lie. You have stated that you felt he lied because misinterpreted his Mexico reference, and you felt he lied because he funneled federal payments for ACA directly to the states so that they would be able to spend the money more efficiently and get more services for the buck. Sounds like a good idea. You must be for open borders because you would never support a border wall. No i'm good. I will leave you alone with your thoughts on the presidents bedroom activity before he was elected.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-21-2019, 5:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneng View Post
Actually i have been very respectful of you. I have not called you any names. You never came up with a lie. You have stated that you felt he lied because misinterpreted his Mexico reference, and you felt he lied because he funneled federal payments for ACA directly to the states so that they would be able to spend the money more efficiently and get more services for the buck. Sounds like a good idea. You must be for open borders because you would never support a border wall. No i'm good. I will leave you alone with your thoughts on the presidents bedroom activity before he was elected.
You seem to be incapable of reading who said what. I haven't said anything about those things. The point is not when the activity occurred - the point is when the lies occurred and continue to occur. You probably also think his inauguration attendance set records.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-21-2019, 5:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
So again i ask you when did he lie to you? By him telling you we are going to have great healthcare how is that a lie? How did get anybody kicked off of their healthcare?
Before the ACA all kinds of people. If you lost your job , chances are you lost your HI. Become disabled? Lose your job? You pretty much got no HI for two years until you qualified for Medicare. Have preexisting conditions? Unless you are in the workplace where HI is socialized, you're probably were not going to find HI at all.

In the meantime, there are few cost controls on HC. Which is why it's inflating at an excessive rate. The factors of govt pushing money into HC causing inflation existed both before and after the ACA was implemented. Both approaches are a deadend. Meanwhile the rest of the modern world has demonstrated that UHC is a viable solution. But guys like you have been tooled into believing that paying 10x for a 1.1x improvement in the effectiveness of a new drug is necessary, and is what makes our HC so great.

Quote:
When is it a good time to build a border wall?
Right after we mandate all employers verify the authenticity of worker documentation through a nationwide verification program and we see how that affects the number of undocumented workers. Right after we actually see employers who hire undocumented workers being prosecuted for criminal activity and we see how that affects the number of undocumented workers. Right after the GOP stops raising deficit spending every time it puts one of their own in the WH. And right after someone with a brain bigger than a pea is able to articulate why one is needed.

Oh and yes... Trump telling the country that were are going to have great HC with absolutely no indication of how that will be done while trying to repeal the ACA is exactly what I call a lie.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-21-2019, 5:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Becuase ACA has failed. Broke. We have higher priorities with the large amount of money already spent as you stated before. Thank you . You have proved ACA is failing. Without additional money from the federal government ie: printing of money the states can better funnel funds where they are appropriate. Trump is not lying to you. I ask you again how did President Trump lie to you?
Right, lets not spend a dime on health care so we can blow it on a wall that doesn't actually help the immigration issue since they come by airplane.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-21-2019, 5:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
Right, lets not spend a dime on health care so we can blow it on a wall that doesn't actually help the immigration issue since they come by airplane.
Stop clouding the issue with facts, his head's exploding as it is.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-21-2019, 5:48 PM Reply   
I absolutely disagree with any law that fines or prosecutes employers that hire illegals. As an employer , I should be able to operate my business and hire with confidence that those that apply for a job within these united states, are legal to do so. Why should we allow our lazy, bloated government to sidestep their responsibilities, while making private citizens do their work for them.

Worst policy/law ever. I should be able to operate with reasonable certainty that those applying are in fact legal to live here.....period

This same lazy government in charge of healthcare.....no way jose

crazy crazy crazy
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-21-2019, 6:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Before the ACA all kinds of people. If you lost your job , chances are you lost your HI. Become disabled? Lose your job? You pretty much got no HI for two years until you qualified for Medicare. Have preexisting conditions? Unless you are in the workplace where HI is socialized, you're probably were not going to find HI at all.

In the meantime, there are few cost controls on HC. Which is why it's inflating at an excessive rate. The factors of govt pushing money into HC causing inflation existed both before and after the ACA was implemented. Both approaches are a deadend. Meanwhile the rest of the modern world has demonstrated that UHC is a viable solution. But guys like you have been tooled into believing that paying 10x for a 1.1x improvement in the effectiveness of a new drug is necessary, and is what makes our HC so great.

Right after we mandate all employers verify the authenticity of worker documentation through a nationwide verification program and we see how that affects the number of undocumented workers. Right after we actually see employers who hire undocumented workers being prosecuted for criminal activity and we see how that affects the number of undocumented workers. Right after the GOP stops raising deficit spending every time it puts one of their own in the WH. And right after someone with a brain bigger than a pea is able to articulate why one is needed.

Oh and yes... Trump telling the country that were are going to have great HC with absolutely no indication of how that will be done while trying to repeal the ACA is exactly what I call a lie.
No. Research development and new drugs have kept us going forward in treating diseases. Equipment and best practices are always changing. U.S. funds healthcare and research in most if not all nations.
We have been told for the past 30 years that employers should verify their employees, but we can go to any hardware store and pick up a couple of illegals, cities employ illegals without any recourse if they lie on their application. In other words we have been down that road and it isn't working. It's not going to happen . The rich want cheap labor. Guess what ? The wall does not let you pass for those reasons. It does not care because it is going to stop cheap labor, and give higher paying jobs to U.S. workers with more benefits. A good democrat recognizes this. Labor unions are going to eventually pull their support once the crooked unions start listening to members. Dems will loose more base. Illegals fill the lefts base. So I ask you when is it appropriate time to build a wall?
Sorry to tell you it is not a lie to say that we will have great healthcare .You said it was a lie because he did not tell us how it would be done. ACA was never explained and nobody could explain it. How did it turn out? We were lied to. I expect this president to give us way more then the last one once we as a nation figure out what works and does not work. Once we stop treating anybody who steps one foot over the border at state , federal and private expense.

Last edited by deneng; 01-21-2019 at 6:03 PM. Reason: spelling
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-21-2019, 6:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Never said that. Stop thinking and follow reasoning.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-21-2019, 6:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
I absolutely disagree with any law that fines or prosecutes employers that hire illegals. As an employer , I should be able to operate my business and hire with confidence that those that apply for a job within these united states, are legal to do so. Why should we allow our lazy, bloated government to sidestep their responsibilities, while making private citizens do their work for them.

Worst policy/law ever. I should be able to operate with reasonable certainty that those applying are in fact legal to live here.....period

crazy crazy crazy
And you could be sued if you are not careful.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-21-2019, 6:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
No asked you for just one, but you could not answer that. I asked you when is it appropriate to build a wall, and you did not answer that. You are stuck on his sex capades before he was a politician. I am curious how has this affected your life?
Ok, how about trumps claim that a border wall would cut illegal immigration by 50%, clearly that is a lie when you consider only 30% of illegal immigration comes via the border.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-21-2019, 6:27 PM Reply   
Lets face it. Most politicians are to lazy figure out how to border protection. They do not have the proper staff. All the more reason to build a wall. You build the wall in places that are the best to prevent crossings, and require the least funding for eminent domain. Funnel the traffic into the areas that are ready to apprehend. The costs of eminent domain will come down once the owners get tired of all the traffic and loss of privacy. The crossing traffic will decide to stay home rather then loosing hard earned money on unsuccessful crossings. Do the coyotes give refunds?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-21-2019, 6:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Because the government is only the representative of the citizen, a citizen should also take the responsibility to uphold the law. And because it's a big part of the equation of illegal immigration, take away the jobs and people will stop coming. And it's essentially free, you won't require a big stupid wall. Just like the drug problem, deal with the citizens demanding the drugs you won't have them flowing across the border illegally.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-21-2019, 6:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Becuase ACA has failed. Broke. We have higher priorities with the large amount of money already spent as you stated before. Thank you . You have proved ACA is failing. Without additional money from the federal government ie: printing of money the states can better funnel funds where they are appropriate. Trump is not lying to you. I ask you again how did President Trump lie to you?
I guess you have a rational explanation for why Trump told troops on his Christmas visit that he got them a 10% raise. Or maybe how he told Schumer and Pelosi that he would take the blame for the government shutdown and now he says it's the democrats' fault.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-21-2019, 6:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Ok, how about trumps claim that a border wall would cut illegal immigration by 50%, clearly that is a lie when you consider only 30% of illegal immigration comes via the border.
A lie based upon what statistics? 521, 000 caught in 2018. If 33% are caught (according to border control) then that would be roughly 1.6 mil. crossing the border and 3.3 million coming by air. Total of 5 million last year. Which airlines do they fly? Should we just ignore the 1.6 million?
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-21-2019, 6:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Because the government is only the representative of the citizen, a citizen should also take the responsibility to uphold the law. And because it's a big part of the equation of illegal immigration, take away the jobs and people will stop coming. And it's essentially free, you won't require a big stupid wall. Just like the drug problem, deal with the citizens demanding the drugs you won't have them flowing across the border illegally.
Once again he said that the government should be doing their job . Illegal aliens have free or very low cost lawyers to help fight and sue. I have friend who is a lib.., she put her husband through college to become a lawyer and he was lucky to get any money at all from these people related to immigration and legal appeals he became very depressed about the whole situation . Blew his brains out for his son to find. Sanctuary cities protect these people. Who has the legal sources to fight the government if they come after you?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-21-2019, 6:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Who has the legal sources to fight the government if they come after you?
You mean like if they pull mass eminent domain like you suggest they do in your last post? Make up your mind lol.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-21-2019, 7:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
You mean like if they pull mass eminent domain like you suggest they do in your last post? Make up your mind lol.
I would suggest to you that you look up the legal protection that non-citizens have free and tax payers paid by law. Eminent domain has been around as long as the constitution.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-21-2019, 7:06 PM Reply   
I know it well, HalfGrantBrain. Gubment used it on my parents' restaurant and surrounding restaurants.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-21-2019, 7:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Well don't build a wall where the people are against it. There choice. Maybe they could open up a restaurant for the travelers.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-21-2019, 7:45 PM Reply   
take away the jobs....
how about take away their feeling of security just to walk around in public?
take away:
schooling
any govt assistance
medical care
ability to drive
....the list could be very long, but you get the idea.

and before I get attacked about medical care....yes, we will treat you and deport you as soon as you are able to be moved.

make the consequences far outweigh the reward

punish the legal business owner.....pishaw
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-21-2019, 7:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
take away the jobs....
how about take away their feeling of security just to walk around in public?
take away:
schooling
any govt assistance
medical care
ability to drive
....the list could be very long, but you get the idea.

and before I get attacked about medical care....yes, we will treat you and deport you as soon as you are able to be moved.

make the consequences far outweigh the reward

punish the legal business owner.....pishaw
Medical care. Yes we will treat, discharge you, treat. discharge you, treat ,discharge you pay for your illegal care takers wages and deport you someday or some year down the line. Unless you are in California. In that case there a never ending line of support.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-21-2019, 7:59 PM Reply   
Quote:

crazy crazy crazy
Wow I’ve skipped over everyone else’s posts except yours. Glad I didn’t skip yours. I’ve never heard your argument before. Thanks for making me think!
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-21-2019, 8:55 PM Reply   
Quote:

crazy crazy crazy

Would you feel the same way if using e-verify provided a safe harbor? In other words if govt says hey we will prosecute you for employing illegals, unless you verify your employees’ status before offering employment. That would put the risk back on the government for employers who comply but would keep the risk on the don’t Ask don’t tell employers.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-21-2019, 9:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Wow I’ve skipped over everyone else’s posts except yours. Glad I didn’t skip yours. I’ve never heard your argument before. Thanks for making me think!
I ALMOST FELL OVER! MARKJ Says that something has made him think!!! Mark this day in WW history!
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-21-2019, 9:33 PM Reply   
I do use e-verify. I follow the law, even if I disagree with it.
To my knowledge, I have never hired an illegal
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-21-2019, 11:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
I ALMOST FELL OVER! MARKJ Says that something has made him think!!! Mark this day in WW history!
Yeah, with posts like yours, it's like wading through a cess pool here sometimes. No thinking required. Gotta plug my nose and hold my breath until I come to a sane poster. As for how he made me think, he really just strengthened my position that this country needs to enforce its own existing laws and build a wall. Just like the libtard leadership used to say until Trump won the election.

Cliff really has a point by implying it shouldn't be the burden of employers to effectively act as border patrol. It just pisses me off even more now that the friggin libs are such obstructionists to the point of putting long term hurt on the country by letting criminals and freeloaders through the back door.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-22-2019, 5:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
I do use e-verify. I follow the law, even if I disagree with it.
To my knowledge, I have never hired an illegal
So then it seems like you wouldn't have a problem because you are already using the safe harbor. Don't you think employers who don't use e-verify (probably because they already know what the results will be) should have some skin in the game? Aren't they at a competitive advantage to you, being able to buy "cheaper" labor?l
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-22-2019, 6:35 AM Reply   
my stance on who should be doing the legwork hasn't changed. Employers should have to do the feds' job. If there weren't any illegals applying, there wouldn't be the risk of unfairness among competing companies
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-22-2019, 8:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Sorry to tell you it is not a lie to say that we will have great healthcare .You said it was a lie because he did not tell us how it would be done. ACA was never explained and nobody could explain it. How did it turn out? We were lied to. I expect this president to give us way more then the last one once we as a nation figure out what works and does not work. Once we stop treating anybody who steps one foot over the border at state , federal and private expense.
So you need someone to explain to you how the ACA improved HC for many people, but at the same time are trying to school us on why our HC is so great? It's incredibly stupid to say nobody could explain why the ACA provided better HC for many people. It's f**k'ng axiomatic. Tell us how great your HC would be if you had no HI coverage?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-22-2019, 8:39 AM Reply   
More wisdom from the left’s new leader. You can’t make this stuff up. Pretty sure we heard Algore touting these same “facts” over 20 years ago... right before he got on his private jet.

https://news.yahoo.com/ocasio-cortez...150517060.html

I just gotta say you libs are screwed in 2020 if this dimwit continues to be forced to the head of the line every day.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-22-2019, 9:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
More wisdom from the left’s new leader. You can’t make this stuff up. Pretty sure we heard Algore touting these same “facts” over 20 years ago... right before he got on his private jet.

https://news.yahoo.com/ocasio-cortez...150517060.html

I just gotta say you libs are screwed in 2020 if this dimwit continues to be forced to the head of the line every day.
I am not in shock because you hear this stuff coming from the liberal left everyday. The geniuses on WW are quoiting from the same play book. They believe if they say it then it must be true.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       01-22-2019, 9:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
So you need someone to explain to you how the ACA improved HC for many people, but at the same time are trying to school us on why our HC is so great? It's incredibly stupid to say nobody could explain why the ACA provided better HC for many people. It's f**k'ng axiomatic. Tell us how great your HC would be if you had no HI coverage?
God you are such a beta cuck & it's exactly why your cold dead hand is all you have
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-22-2019, 9:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
No ACA sucks. Tell me how did i make healthcare better then before? I see that it has only cost us more. Other then the people who get it for next to free it has been a total sham. Keep you doctor, and the costs will go down. BS that's what you peddle.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-22-2019, 9:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
I would love to discuss the inner working of how it has failed us ,but you can't handle that. I believe you are a caring person who want's best for all of us. I really do otherwise you would not worry about the people who fallen through the cracks. Big government healthcare is not the answer, but we need socialist minds to solve the problem. Only if we work towards a common goal can we make a great product .

Last edited by deneng; 01-22-2019 at 9:51 AM.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-22-2019, 10:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
I would love to discuss the inner working of how it has failed us ,but you can't handle that.
I'm pretty sure I can handle a discussion about govt policy has hyper-inflated the cost of HC, making impractical for anyone who isn't rich to be able to afford HC without some form of govt assistance. If you are employed and paying for HI through your employer it's highly likely that a large percentage of your HI is subsidized by the govt. For example, my HI through my employer's heath plan has the govt paying for 39% of my HI through tax deductions. That's 15% FICA and 24% (my top tax bracket for 2018).

I'm two years from medicare and have no problems affording HI in the meantime. But HC is going to crush this country if we don't control costs. It's a well known economic principle that easy money in a market sector will cause inflation. We saw it in the housing sector, which crashed when the purse strings were tightened. And that's exactly what is and has been going on in HC for decades.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       01-22-2019, 10:25 AM Reply   
"Attorney Linda Vega said that the majority of her clients would benefit from what Trump has proposed, adding that his offer to DACA recipients would let them adjust their status to allow them opportunity to work or study in America.
"It's a great offer for a starting point," she said."

Quit listening to fake liberals & their fake news.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-22-2019, 10:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
God you are such a beta cuck & it's exactly why your cold dead hand is all you have
Classic Trumptard rebuttal.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-22-2019, 11:07 AM Reply   
Speaking of Libs and Fake News. Don’t ya love the Libs fav new words, “Non Starter” & “Holding DACA kids Hostage”

LOL like the Dems care about DACA kids. Don’t you dummy-crats get tired of a diffrent person place or thing to be outraged about every other week. It would be funny for someone to make a Liberal advent calendar where each day you Libs open up a calander day and get your dose of ADA drugs and a news story for you to be outraged by.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-22-2019, 11:24 AM Reply   
I've been following this story since it began. I've read articles about it from a dozen "news" sources. Most of them liberal media. It's the most recent example of just how dangerous and EVIL the left is. This stuff runs from top to bottom of the party and through most of its members. Pure evil.
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ge-critic-says
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-22-2019, 11:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
I've been following this story since it began. I've read articles about it from a dozen "news" sources. Most of them liberal media. It's the most recent example of just how dangerous and EVIL the left is. This stuff runs from top to bottom of the party and through most of its members. Pure evil.
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ge-critic-says
Capitalism has no morals. If being "evil" is profitable, then capitalism says "go for it". Fox News does the same crap. IMO they are the MSM source that showed all the rest how profitable being evil can be. It's all about money and cultivating a captive audience. You can't make money in 24/7 entertainment news if nothing is going on.

Not once have I looked at any of those videos and thought that there was any f**ks to give over what they portrayed.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-22-2019, 12:36 PM Reply   
^way to throw in something that has nothing to do with the story. Many people did see it and thought enough of it to give death threats.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-22-2019, 12:45 PM Reply   
^Big deal. I've seen it stated that the liberal half of America needs to be extinguished in this thread alone.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-22-2019, 1:21 PM Reply   
two wrongs don't make a .......
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-22-2019, 1:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
^way to throw in something that has nothing to do with the story. Many people did see it and thought enough of it to give death threats.
Did any of them have to sell their homes because of the death threats? Beacuse the survivors of the school shooting had to after the conservatives went after them, claiming they were fake and that there was no school shooting. Who's the bigger d-bag?
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-22-2019, 1:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
I'm pretty sure I can handle a discussion about govt policy has hyper-inflated the cost of HC, making impractical for anyone who isn't rich to be able to afford HC without some form of govt assistance. If you are employed and paying for HI through your employer it's highly likely that a large percentage of your HI is subsidized by the govt. For example, my HI through my employer's heath plan has the govt paying for 39% of my HI through tax deductions. That's 15% FICA and 24% (my top tax bracket for 2018).

I'm two years from medicare and have no problems affording HI in the meantime. But HC is going to crush this country if we don't control costs. It's a well known economic principle that easy money in a market sector will cause inflation. We saw it in the housing sector, which crashed when the purse strings were tightened. And that's exactly what is and has been going on in HC for decades.
I am sorry ,but i am referring to the how ACA has changed the way hospitals, and doctors get paid. There is another aspect of how insurance companies get reimbursed or govt. subsidies. Individuals costs are what we notice and complain the about the most. Yes you are so right that easy money or government debt is not good for individuals premiums. Hang in there two years is not long. I have a little longer. I am afraid to look at the cost of medicare supplemental , but heard it is a pretty good idea.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-22-2019, 2:11 PM Reply   
Definitely will be looking into supplemental. No matter how good you take care of yourself, you can't predict guaranteed perfect health. The most important thing is limiting your exposure. When I selected from the available plans I made sure that I had a reasonable out of pocket max. Just had my gall bladder removed after having a stuck gallstone. My out of pocket was the max ($6700). The total bill was about $130K ($100K was the hospital). The actual amount paid (incl out of pocket) of the phony $130K bill was around $60K (HI company discount).

What's funny is that I avoided the ER and went to urgent care. $85 co-pay and they do everything an ER would. (blood tests, cat scan, etc). But then I was required to take a $1K ambulance ride to the hospital even though I could have drove, or even had a family member drive me. Since my out of pocket was max it made no difference in my bill. But it's an example of how the "cost is no object" attitude prevails. If I drove to the hospital I'd have to start over in the ER, which was probably more than $1K.

I have no idea how it would have been handled with a poor person who had no insurance. They claimed that the gall bladder removal was recommended (after stone was removed), but I could go home and do it later. But if I stayed in the hospital I would get priority scheduling. Since I was max out of pocket, there was no way I'd schedule it for later. I have a feeling if I had no HI they would have sent me home and not offered to remove it. One way or the other we are paying for people to use the hospital who have no means or even motivation to pay the bill. Even the nurse told me that I could not pay and it'd be no big deal.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-22-2019, 2:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
my stance on who should be doing the legwork hasn't changed. Employers should have to do the feds' job. If there weren't any illegals applying, there wouldn't be the risk of unfairness among competing companies

I understand your point. But aren’t you really just making a sanctuary city kind of argument (I.e. we aren’t going to verify citizenship for [insert state provided social service here] because immigration is the feds’ job not ours)? How is your argument that you should be able to employ anyone any different than the BFE school district’s argument that they should provide education to any child?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-22-2019, 2:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Did any of them have to sell their homes because of the death threats? Beacuse the survivors of the school shooting had to after the conservatives went after them, claiming they were fake and that there was no school shooting. Who's the bigger d-bag?
my point was more that new agencies should be required to show the truth, not their version of it. I wasn't picking sides.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-22-2019, 2:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
my point was more that new agencies should be required to show the truth, not their version of it. I wasn't picking sides.
They should start with requiring the President to tell the truth. Then work their way down starting with McConnell who tried to pass off the BS that SS, which is entirely funded by it's own tax and pretty dang predictable, as the reason the deficit spending went up under the current administration.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-22-2019, 2:33 PM Reply   
Also, I've seen at least a half dozen or more videos of that incident. And from the ones I've seen if anyone is triggered, they pretty much did it to themselves. Not really sure what the big lie is. Guess I'm not glued enough to the media to be in the know.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-22-2019, 3:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Definitely will be looking into supplemental. No matter how good you take care of yourself, you can't predict guaranteed perfect health. The most important thing is limiting your exposure. When I selected from the available plans I made sure that I had a reasonable out of pocket max. Just had my gall bladder removed after having a stuck gallstone. My out of pocket was the max ($6700). The total bill was about $130K ($100K was the hospital). The actual amount paid (incl out of pocket) of the phony $130K bill was around $60K (HI company discount).

What's funny is that I avoided the ER and went to urgent care. $85 co-pay and they do everything an ER would. (blood tests, cat scan, etc). But then I was required to take a $1K ambulance ride to the hospital even though I could have drove, or even had a family member drive me. Since my out of pocket was max it made no difference in my bill. But it's an example of how the "cost is no object" attitude prevails. If I drove to the hospital I'd have to start over in the ER, which was probably more than $1K.

I have no idea how it would have been handled with a poor person who had no insurance. They claimed that the gall bladder removal was recommended (after stone was removed), but I could go home and do it later. But if I stayed in the hospital I would get priority scheduling. Since I was max out of pocket, there was no way I'd schedule it for later. I have a feeling if I had no HI they would have sent me home and not offered to remove it. One way or the other we are paying for people to use the hospital who have no means or even motivation to pay the bill. Even the nurse told me that I could not pay and it'd be no big deal.
How much do you think somebody's parents, brother or sister pays coming from another country pay for their surgery? Who do they pass the cost onto?There really is no way to pass most of the costs on and the hospitals eat the cost. Private hospitals can not write off expenses when their are no profits right? The hospital i work for just went bankrupt . We went up for auction. The high bid was the County. Funny thing is most of our patients have no Medicare or private insurance. They have Medical or no insurance. Since the County bought us now you and i are going to pay for the losses because Medical only pays one to three cents on the dollar. Most of the mothers who give birth at our hospital speak no English or English as a second language.
First scheduled first served in a hospital other the life threatening situations. They can not send anybody home for the reason of no insurance. That does not happen. EMTALA law violations would immediately hold all Medicare and Medical funding not to mention put on hold all accrediitations. That is why hospitals and doctors side on the side of over test in some indefinate diagnosis and hold discharges . Some insurances do not cover ambulances and you pay out of pocket for that. It used to cost about 400 bucks.If you need specialized transport personal then i would assume insurance would pay that. The nurse told you if you can not pay no big deal? That usually means she has more important things to worry about then someone's insurance. HaHa. I am stoked to hear that you feel better. It can be overwhelming and scary.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-22-2019, 3:56 PM Reply   
my argument is that if the feds do their job, there wouldn't be an issue.I understand that it's not a realistic goal. But, to punish private businesses and not enforce other immigration laws, is crazy. It should be a no brainer. If someone is stopped, or dicovered to be illegal.....they are deported. Period
They know the risk for themselves and family.....take the risk, pay the price
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-22-2019, 4:00 PM Reply   
or perhaps, give me a positive incentive to use e-verify, and perhaps, provide healthcare.....not a negative one
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-22-2019, 4:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
my argument is that if the feds do their job, there wouldn't be an issue.I understand that it's not a realistic goal. But, to punish private businesses and not enforce other immigration laws, is crazy. It should be a no brainer. If someone is stopped, or dicovered to be illegal.....they are deported. Period
They know the risk for themselves and family.....take the risk, pay the price

How’s it any different from your local school district providing education? Why foist immigration enforcement on them? Or on your local law enforcement agency?

If you can’t stop people who get through from earning money, how will you ever stop hard workers from coming here illegally to seek a better life?
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-22-2019, 4:32 PM Reply   
okay shawndoggy.

Public school, hospitals, law enforcement....and I will even go on to say that any company/agency that accepts fed funds, should help assist in verifying status. But when they do, are this individuals going to be removed? It's clear in today's USA, that they wont.

I am in private business for a reason. Naturally, I want the government out of my arse

remove the anchor baby policy, put a wall or border up to funnel immigrants to the front doors, patrol walled zones with men, dogs, drones, satellite.....etc, remove all funds and services, immediately deport when discovered.......lots of measures.

But the big mantra, is punish the business man

again

maybe as a last resort....maybe! But provide a positive approach instead of fines, jail, etc....

Last edited by ord27; 01-22-2019 at 4:36 PM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-22-2019, 6:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
A lie based upon what statistics? 521, 000 caught in 2018. If 33% are caught (according to border control) then that would be roughly 1.6 mil. crossing the border and 3.3 million coming by air. Total of 5 million last year. Which airlines do they fly? Should we just ignore the 1.6 million?
No mate, half of the illegals are overstayers, they come via the border checks then just don't go home.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-22-2019, 6:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
okay shawndoggy.

Public school, hospitals, law enforcement....and I will even go on to say that any company/agency that accepts fed funds, should help assist in verifying status. But when they do, are this individuals going to be removed? It's clear in today's USA, that they wont.

I am in private business for a reason. Naturally, I want the government out of my arse

remove the anchor baby policy, put a wall or border up to funnel immigrants to the front doors, patrol walled zones with men, dogs, drones, satellite.....etc, remove all funds and services, immediately deport when discovered.......lots of measures.

But the big mantra, is punish the business man

again

maybe as a last resort....maybe! But provide a positive approach instead of fines, jail, etc....
So you don't have a problem with a corporation hiring a bunch of illegals to keep there costs down?
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       01-22-2019, 6:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
No mate, half of the illegals are overstayers, they come via the border checks then just don't go home.
That still leaves 12 million out of the 24 million here illegally. That's more than the state of CO. Can I ask why you give two ****s about a wall in our country? Your country is rather strict with immigration.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       01-22-2019, 6:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
So you don't have a problem with a corporation hiring a bunch of illegals to keep there costs down?
We could do it legally to keep costs down too but you guys would whine about that as well. We could create affordable situations specific to a border area ripe with manufacturing at reduced wages for not as nice of a city, like Detroit only it'll be warmer. It'll be just like todays global economics but right in our back yard, cuts down on shipping & puts China out of business.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-22-2019, 6:48 PM Reply   
yes I do. I have a problem with illegals being in the country. i want my government to stop the flow and export the problem.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-22-2019, 7:21 PM Reply   
Here comes the tax, here comes the tax, , , .https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/arizo...171851269.html
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-22-2019, 7:42 PM Reply   
Wow!!! At least someone is enjoying the shutdown, Meanwhile in the real world where food is being collected so people who are not getting paid can eat
https://www.yahoo.com/news/alexandri...121614417.html
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-22-2019, 8:02 PM Reply   
What did I miss? Where was the wow? I read the article but didn’t watch the vid.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-22-2019, 9:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
We could do it legally to keep costs down too but you guys would whine about that as well. We could create affordable situations specific to a border area ripe with manufacturing at reduced wages for not as nice of a city, like Detroit only it'll be warmer. It'll be just like todays global economics but right in our back yard, cuts down on shipping & puts China out of business.
That almost sounds like having a free trade deal with a southern neighbor where we can have U.S. manufacturers set up shop and get goods manufactured by skilled laborers for lower wages. Stuff like cars, and trucks, and engines and stuff. Man, that would really be an interesting experiment.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-22-2019, 9:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
That still leaves 12 million out of the 24 million here illegally. That's more than the state of CO. Can I ask why you give two ****s about a wall in our country? Your country is rather strict with immigration.
Oh, I don't care this is just entertainment for me.

Anyway, the point was Trump is a liar and the example I gave was that the wall couldn't reduce illegal immigration by 50% if only 30% of illegal immigrating comes via the land border. The reason is relevant is if you are deciding to spend $25b on a problem, it's important not to overstate how effective the solution will be.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-22-2019, 10:14 PM Reply   
What about all the poison (drugs) that’s Not counted as a human head that come across the border. Good points about that actual numbers that the wall could or would stop. Me thinks # 1 you build a wall. #2 the you start tightening your immagration laws and enforce deportation. You can’t do one with out the other. When you have a huge hole in the side of your boat the first step is to patch the hole. Figure out how your gonna bale water AFTER. Dems wanna “Talk” or “Negotiate” aka DO NOTHING. F them,
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-23-2019, 12:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
What about all the poison (drugs) that’s Not counted as a human head that come across the border.
Another trump border lie, 90% of drugs are smuggled via legal ports or entry, not across open unwalled border. The wall isn't going to reduce drug flow in to the US.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-23-2019, 6:50 AM Reply   
https://www.thedailybeast.com/poll-o...o-end-shutdown

Looks like saying the majority of the American's want a wall is another Trump lie.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-23-2019, 7:22 AM Reply   
^ So all the drugs/guns & other illegal crap like kids! they show them taking off smugglers in the many border police shows they have here in california are Fake? Oooo I get it the TRUMP admin hires Illegals from Mexico to smuggle fake drugs, guns and people across the border for a reality show so he can sell us this “usless wall?? Wow & you guys say Trump supporters are brain washed?

Sorry Mate! Bad Stuff has been flowing across the border for years, Years before TRUMP was even born. During the 2016 Ellection debate Carlie Fearoina said it. Immagration issues are talking points. They are used to whip up votes. People will promis you a fix to get votes but in the end they will do nothing! And we will still be talking about a wall or immagration next ellection cycle. The Dems Have shown where they stand when it comes to illegals. TRUMP in all his flaws at least is trying to fix the hole in the side of the boat. What have Dems done? Block, Resist, Sue. Swamp Rats trying to import 3rd world people for future votes.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-23-2019, 7:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
HaHa. I am stoked to hear that you feel better. It can be overwhelming and scary.
Thanx. It actually wasn't so bad. Urgent care identified the problem fairly quickly and knowing that it was something common and fixable was reassuring. It was weird not eating anything except clear liquids for 96 hours and not really feeling that hungry.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       01-23-2019, 7:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Another trump border lie, 90% of drugs are smuggled via legal ports or entry, not across open unwalled border. The wall isn't going to reduce drug flow in to the US.
Incorrect, the Cartels are having a hard time getting large amounts of weed & with it being legalized in many states they've simply moved shop or funded many shops & are doing it legally. The cartels smuggle meth & fentanyl via the USPS. It's flipping easy, 3 billion packages a day are processed & almost no one gets caught mailing powders around. It's when it's imported from over seas that customs typically intercepts.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       01-23-2019, 8:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
That almost sounds like having a free trade deal with a southern neighbor where we can have U.S. manufacturers set up shop and get goods manufactured by skilled laborers for lower wages. Stuff like cars, and trucks, and engines and stuff. Man, that would really be an interesting experiment.
Yes, except it's on this side of the border, the tax money stays here, anyone in the states can go live & work if want/need. They'll even be afforded labor laws than aren't allowed in their current conditions.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-23-2019, 11:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Incorrect, the Cartels are having a hard time getting large amounts of weed & with it being legalized in many states they've simply moved shop or funded many shops & are doing it legally. The cartels smuggle meth & fentanyl via the USPS. It's flipping easy, 3 billion packages a day are processed & almost no one gets caught mailing powders around. It's when it's imported from over seas that customs typically intercepts.
Sounds like you are agreeing with me, they can't smuggle weed without a wall now and they are using USPS which comes via the ports, so how does a wall reduce drug trafficking?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-23-2019, 11:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
^ So all the drugs/guns & other illegal crap like kids! they show them taking off smugglers in the many border police shows they have here in california are Fake? Oooo I get it the TRUMP admin hires Illegals from Mexico to smuggle fake drugs, guns and people across the border for a reality show so he can sell us this “usless wall?? Wow & you guys say Trump supporters are brain washed?
No mate, not fake, what you see is part of the 10%. That's right, there is 90% more your not seeing and wasting $25b on a wall isn't going to stop. I'm not saying it's not bad and things shouldn't be done, I'm saying spending money on a wall is just a symbol and prevents money from being spent where it would be more effective.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-23-2019, 12:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Sounds like you are agreeing with me, they can't smuggle weed without a wall now and they are using USPS which comes via the ports, so how does a wall reduce drug trafficking?
That's exactly what I thought when I read his post.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-23-2019, 12:10 PM Reply   
The wall is just a vanity project for Trump. IOW, it's pork. The amount is now down to $5B, but it hasn't been stated why or where it's necessary to build $5B of wall. It's just there for Trump to save face. I bet there is $5B of work for fencing that is legit, but I doubt that is why it's being asked for. If it was, then a good explanation of where it's going and why it's justified would have been provided a long time ago.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       01-23-2019, 1:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
No mate, not fake, what you see is part of the 10%. That's right, there is 90% more your not seeing and wasting $25b on a wall isn't going to stop. I'm not saying it's not bad and things shouldn't be done, I'm saying spending money on a wall is just a symbol and prevents money from being spent where it would be more effective.
No, I'm not agreeing with you. I disagree with Chumps sales approach & grandstanding on the issue rather than just admitting this country can't handle any more border crossers & I firmly a wall does work. Even if it's a 50% reduction in crossings, it works. There is also the fact that EVERY damn politician wanted the wall till 2016. It does boggle my mind though what the retard RINO's were doing 16-18 when they could have gotten it done.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       01-23-2019, 2:17 PM Reply   
I am positive if your country had this problem you'd prob sing a different tune especially if you weren't well off & your hood was greatly impacted by them. In fact, most of the supporters on this site are clearly removed from the many negatives of the impact on cities with illegals or like most lip service liberals can afford to live in better areas & don't actually give two ****s about the people impacted by the illegals. I live very close to them, my school district is full of them, it's an issue, not a racist issue. Murder rates have sky rocketed, hit runs seem to be favorite past time of the Mexicans jacking everyones insurance rates through the roof, laws requiring all of us to pay for uninsured motorist insurance. Burglaries at an all time high, kidnappings, etc. Send 10 million americans to any country on earth and act the way the illegals have and I guarantee whitey would get kicked the eff out & by force if necessary. There's a reason Canada can be Canada & it has a lot to do with how they handle immigration & how they know how to say no. Bet your ass if millions were flocking to Canada illegally they'd be demanding we stop it & they'd be constructing a wall.a