Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (NoNceNse)      Join Date: Nov 2013       06-04-2014, 1:43 PM Reply   
So last Saturday we went to the Mile High Meet and Greet down at the Pueblo Reservoir which was basically a big party at party cove. When we were getting ready leave a couple people needed a ride back to the marina and I agreed to take them. My 02 Supra SSV now has 11 people in it and Iím a little short on life vests : ( . As we leave the cove the winds pick up creating some rather large swells. When we pulled out of the no wake zone I punch the throttle, but the engine bogs down and wonít go past 2k rpm. Every time the engine tryís to get power it brings the nose up, then bogs bringing nose back down hard. Mix the weight from all the people, large swells, and the bogging down equaled the perfect storm. The front end took on so much water that the bow was completely full and quickly was spreading to the back. The front end immediately submerged and thatís when I thought we were done. I finally got smart and sent everyone to the very rear of the boat, flipped the bilge and drains for all ballast system (bags were not in at the time), and hopped in the bow scooping all the water out with a life jacket. Somehow that worked and the boat was saved.

Now that storytime is over, I need the figure out whats wrong with this motor. I took it out Monday and ran fine for about ten minutes and started to bog down again. It will move until around 2000 rpm and then it will lose power and back fire. I believe it might be a fuel issue. If I turn the key a couple times and let the pump prime the system, the boat will run good for 20 seconds and eventually start running like **** again. I thought it could be vapor lock since it was sitting in a hot cove all day, but on Monday it stopped running good fairly quick. Any thoughts? Maybe the following video could help.