Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Adam (ac88926)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-16-2014, 8:15 AM Reply   
So the wife and I took delivery of our A22 this past weekend. I wanted to wait on posting pictures until we got it back from getting the windsheild tinted. So far we have 4.8hrs on it. I cannot begin to discribe how hard it is not to load it down until after the break in period. We ordered it without any decals and had a custom one made from Domednumbers. BTW, their customer service (Andy and Rebecca) is off the charts and I will be using them again in the future for my reg numbers and anything else that I need. Well, here she is....
Attached Images
  
Old    Chase Tillett (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-16-2014, 8:23 AM Reply   
If you don't mind me asking, how much did the decals cost you? I'm about to pull the tribal graphics off my wakesetter and want to do the new style or last years. Was wondering if they would be cheaper.
Old    Tim (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       05-16-2014, 8:24 AM Reply   
Awesome! Now go to Costco and buy 5 gallons of vinegar, lol! It will definitely help keep those water spots off, speaking from experience.
Nice boat, enjoy!
Old    Adam (ac88926)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-16-2014, 8:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_rider View Post
If you don't mind me asking, how much did the decals cost you? I'm about to pull the tribal graphics off my wakesetter and want to do the new style or last years. Was wondering if they would be cheaper.
They were $250 for both sides. But unlike the factory Axis decal, the whole decal is domed. And they went to a local Axis dealer and measured the decal to make sure it was to facotry specs.

Last edited by ac88926; 05-16-2014 at 8:40 AM.
Old    Adam (ac88926)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-16-2014, 8:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeno1 View Post
Awesome! Now go to Costco and buy 5 gallons of vinegar, lol! It will definitely help keep those water spots off, speaking from experience.
Nice boat, enjoy!
Already got a lot of Hot Sauce. It works really well. So far, its not as bad as I expected to keep the spots off.
Old    Dave (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-16-2014, 8:45 AM Reply   
I would also remove your trailer guides or get new blank ones. Dealers putting their logos and other info on the guide posts has got to be one of the stupidest things to do. Here, put some white marks up and down your new rub rail.

Looks great otherwise, congrats!
Old    Adam (ac88926)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-16-2014, 8:53 AM Reply   
Thanks!

Ive never noticed the trailer guide pads putting white marks on the rub rail. At least it didnt happen on my vlx, and it had the same dealer pads on it. I know the white bumpers/fenders will put white marks on the rub rail, thats why we ordered some bouy balls from exile audio. I will keep an eye on that thought.
Old    Mike North Carolina (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       05-16-2014, 9:03 AM Reply   
sweet boat man, congrats, summer will be awesome......as far as the white logo, I know it sounds crazy but spray paint it black,,,,, the paint only somehow sticks to the white and doesn't mess with the vinyl, just did mine and looks awesome....
Old    Diggs (pdxWAKE) (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-16-2014, 5:32 PM Reply   
Beauty and stealthy!!!! Dig the all black!
Old    Jon Driscoll (CenCalLakes)      Join Date: May 2014       05-16-2014, 10:05 PM Reply   
Verry nice
Old    Dave Diaz (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-17-2014, 3:21 PM Reply   
good looking boat
Old    Surf Addict (Desi) (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       05-18-2014, 10:50 AM Reply   
Now that looks great, very low profile being blacked out. The tinted windshield really helps tie it together.
Old    Chase Tillett (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-19-2014, 4:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac88926 View Post
So the wife and I took delivery of our A22 this past weekend. I wanted to wait on posting pictures until we got it back from getting the windsheild tinted. So far we have 4.8hrs on it. I cannot begin to discribe how hard it is not to load it down until after the break in period. We ordered it without any decals and had a custom one made from Domednumbers. BTW, their customer service (Andy and Rebecca) is off the charts and I will be using them again in the future for my reg numbers and anything else that I need. Well, here she is....

I see TNT is your dealer. Where are you from?
Old    Adam (ac88926)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-19-2014, 6:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_rider View Post
I see TNT is your dealer. Where are you from?
I am from Lebanon. We typically ride Old Hickory around bartons creek and spring creek

Last edited by ac88926; 05-19-2014 at 6:26 AM. Reason: typo
Old    Chase Tillett (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-19-2014, 6:34 AM Reply   
Oh ok, I'm from paris which is about 2 hours northwest of you. I ride on the TN river.
Old    Brian George (BGeorge01)      Join Date: May 2014       05-19-2014, 7:46 AM Reply   
Beautiful boat!! Old Hickory myself, shutes branch and cedar creek
Old    Bradleigh (wallis_tho)      Join Date: May 2014       05-19-2014, 4:02 PM Reply   
Nice looking boat, all black looks bad a$$, congrats
Old    Trayson Harmon (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013       05-20-2014, 10:06 AM Reply   
Beautiful. Any more pics?
Old    Adam (ac88926)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-22-2014, 7:38 AM Reply   
Here is a not so great on the water pic from last week.
Attached Images
 
Old    Surf Addict (Desi) (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       05-22-2014, 11:23 AM Reply   
Lookin good. I know it's still going to be in the break in period for a while, but how do you like it so far?
Old    Adam (ac88926)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-22-2014, 11:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by phathom View Post
Lookin good. I know it's still going to be in the break in period for a while, but how do you like it so far?
We love it. We are coming from a 2000 VLX that we also loved. The A22 isnt really much longer, but it has so much more room than the VLX. The picklefork front end makes a huge difference too. As of tuesday I have 9 hrs on it. The wake I get with the stock 900 pounds of ballast and wedge in the A22 is equal to my 2000 vlx when we loaded it down with around 2500lbs, granted the vlx didnt have a wedge. When I hit 20 hrs I am installing the plug and play 400's on both sides of the engine (800) , a 900 # arrow sac under the front seats, 400lbs of lead scattered throughout, and an occasional 400-750 sac in the floor, plus people. Should be pushing upwards of 3500-4000 lbs. And we got the torque prop to get us out of the hole. Should be a monster.
Old    Trayson Harmon (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013       05-22-2014, 12:20 PM Reply   
Wow, so jealous. Sounds like a dream boat. And surf gate on top of it all.

Honestly, you've pretty much got about the perfect boat IMO.
Old    Adam (ac88926)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-22-2014, 12:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by trayson View Post
Wow, so jealous. Sounds like a dream boat. And surf gate on top of it all.

Honestly, you've pretty much got about the perfect boat IMO.
Thanks man, I feel like it is the perfect boat and we are blessed to be able to have it. I was very lucky to find my 2000 vlx at an absolute steal and doubled my money when I sold it ( a once in a lifetime deal) . If not for this, I wouldnt have been able to afford this boat and be able to design it to what we wanted. I was between a new A22 and a 09-12' VLX. In the end, I went with the A22 because of a few reasons that arent necessarily in any specific order:

1. The wake. I have ridden behind a loaded A22 and it was insane. Cant beat the wake for the price of the boat.

2. I got to completely design it the way I wanted it. I am very anal about things and it's usually the little things that bug the sh*t out of me. When spending that kind of $, I wanted it to be exactly what I wanted. Again, very lucky to be able to do this.

3. The simplicity of the A22. I like the fact that it has toggle switches. What may be a deal breaker for some was a deal maker for me. If something happens to go wrong, its very easy to figure out. Especially for the dealer. I like the idea of malivue, but have read and heard a lot of negative reviews on it too. Im sure some have had no problems with it but for me, I like simple. Plus the price it costs to replace a faulty malivue is unreal.

4. Our lake is full of VLX's, LSV's, and MXZ's. I like being different.
Old    Trayson Harmon (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013       05-22-2014, 1:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac88926 View Post
Thanks man, I feel like it is the perfect boat and we are blessed to be able to have it. I was very lucky to find my 2000 vlx at an absolute steal and doubled my money when I sold it ( a once in a lifetime deal) . If not for this, I wouldnt have been able to afford this boat and be able to design it to what we wanted. I was between a new A22 and a 09-12' VLX. In the end, I went with the A22 because of a few reasons that arent necessarily in any specific order:

1. The wake. I have ridden behind a loaded A22 and it was insane. Cant beat the wake for the price of the boat.

2. I got to completely design it the way I wanted it. I am very anal about things and it's usually the little things that bug the sh*t out of me. When spending that kind of $, I wanted it to be exactly what I wanted. Again, very lucky to be able to do this.

3. The simplicity of the A22. I like the fact that it has toggle switches. What may be a deal breaker for some was a deal maker for me. If something happens to go wrong, its very easy to figure out. Especially for the dealer. I like the idea of malivue, but have read and heard a lot of negative reviews on it too. Im sure some have had no problems with it but for me, I like simple. Plus the price it costs to replace a faulty malivue is unreal.

4. Our lake is full of VLX's, LSV's, and MXZ's. I like being different.
Very cool. For me when I get into a future boat, there are certain things I want to get and might be more flexible on things that are realistic to add or change down the road.

Obviously, I want to someday make that step from having one of the better Direct drive wakeboats to having a V-drive. That's just a given.

I've really enjoyed having a playpen bow and LOVE the idea of the wraparound front seating that goes into the bow with two flip up backrests. I've seen a few manufacturers that do this. But not a ton. I personally don't like a walkthrough bow. So there's a handful of Supras and Moombas that I've seen with this configuration and I was wow'd when I saw that Axis had it.

Since the Bow is my wife's favorite place, the picklefork just makes sense. Why not add real estate to the bow when it doesn't really come with a downside (aside from some people on the looks, but I'm cool with it).

Surf system. Well, with fabrication and creativity a surf system can be added to most anything. But it'd be nice if it was there.

Rear skybox seat. I just love this idea and the fact that Axis leveraged it in a simple, yet effective way.

Value. Sure, I've ridden behind a loaded $180k G25 coastal edition. Did it kick ass? of course. Does it cost 2/3 as much as my house? Yep. Would I ever spend that kind of money on a boat? probably not unless I came into come stupid money.

Sadly, it's going to be a long time before I can afford an Axis, but it's certainly stepped up to the top of my "realistic dream boat list". My problem is that I have 'recreation A.D.D.' and I spread out my "toys" instead of just getting one super expensive toy. Yeah, if I were to sell my rock crawling Jeep, my sportbike, my camping trailer, my Audi S6, and my BMW M3 and put all my fun into the boat I could get a new Axis. But I'm not willing to do that when my boat spent over 6 months being winterized and my current boat does provide a ton of fun for the limited amount of money I have into it...

But it's sure fun as hell to dream and share the stoke of others.
Old    Adam (ac88926)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-22-2014, 1:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by trayson View Post
Very cool. For me when I get into a future boat, there are certain things I want to get and might be more flexible on things that are realistic to add or change down the road.

Obviously, I want to someday make that step from having one of the better Direct drive wakeboats to having a V-drive. That's just a given.

I've really enjoyed having a playpen bow and LOVE the idea of the wraparound front seating that goes into the bow with two flip up backrests. I've seen a few manufacturers that do this. But not a ton. I personally don't like a walkthrough bow. So there's a handful of Supras and Moombas that I've seen with this configuration and I was wow'd when I saw that Axis had it.

Since the Bow is my wife's favorite place, the picklefork just makes sense. Why not add real estate to the bow when it doesn't really come with a downside (aside from some people on the looks, but I'm cool with it).

Surf system. Well, with fabrication and creativity a surf system can be added to most anything. But it'd be nice if it was there.

Rear skybox seat. I just love this idea and the fact that Axis leveraged it in a simple, yet effective way.

Value. Sure, I've ridden behind a loaded $180k G25 coastal edition. Did it kick ass? of course. Does it cost 2/3 as much as my house? Yep. Would I ever spend that kind of money on a boat? probably not unless I came into come stupid money.

Sadly, it's going to be a long time before I can afford an Axis, but it's certainly stepped up to the top of my "realistic dream boat list". My problem is that I have 'recreation A.D.D.' and I spread out my "toys" instead of just getting one super expensive toy. Yeah, if I were to sell my rock crawling Jeep, my sportbike, my camping trailer, my Audi S6, and my BMW M3 and put all my fun into the boat I could get a new Axis. But I'm not willing to do that when my boat spent over 6 months being winterized and my current boat does provide a ton of fun for the limited amount of money I have into it...

But it's sure fun as hell to dream and share the stoke of others.
You hit the nail on the head with all that. The surfgate is awesome to have, even though we surf about 2% of the time. Honestly, the only reason we even got it was for resale in the future.

And yeah, the best wake Ive ever ridden is a G23 but like you said, it was as much as I paid for my first house.

Skybox seating is awesome and very simple. The wife and few others in our crew love it.
Old    Trayson Harmon (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013       05-22-2014, 1:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac88926 View Post
You hit the nail on the head with all that. The surfgate is awesome to have, even though we surf about 2% of the time. Honestly, the only reason we even got it was for resale in the future.

And yeah, the best wake Ive ever ridden is a G23 but like you said, it was as much as I paid for my first house.

Skybox seating is awesome and very simple. The wife and few others in our crew love it.
Well, I'm glad that you got surfgate... Because in 3 or 4 years when my boat's paid off, then it'll be nice that your Axis has it when I buy it from you!

Old    Adam (ac88926)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-23-2014, 6:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by trayson View Post
Well, I'm glad that you got surfgate... Because in 3 or 4 years when my boat's paid off, then it'll be nice that your Axis has it when I buy it from you!

That sounds like a great plan
Old    Justin Harrelson (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-23-2014, 7:21 AM Reply   
I love the look of that boat. Vinegar and water will be your friend. I love the black boats, but hate cleaning them.
Old    Adam (ac88926)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-23-2014, 7:29 AM Reply   
Ive been using boat bling hot sauce. Works really well and smells good too. I havent found it that hard to clean. I am pretty particular about my stuff and it always gets cleaned at the end of each use. I honestly thouhght it would be worse. I used to wipe my lvx down with a wet towel followed by a dry one. Now that I have this boat ive just replaced the wet towel with someone spraying the hot sauce and me wiping as usual. Takes about the same time and puts a little wax on her each trip.

Last edited by ac88926; 05-23-2014 at 7:32 AM. Reason: typo

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 5:50 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us