Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    MLO (cbarguy1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       05-09-2014, 12:08 PM Reply   
http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=41743

$50k all day here. Decent wake too.
Old    Steven Pederson (sppeders)      Join Date: Jul 2011       05-09-2014, 1:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_rider View Post
I don't wanna bet 75k+ but I wanna bet it's not 50k all day.

Attachment 35578
Does that guy have a shared fb page with his wife?
Old    Greg Miller (malibu23lsv)      Join Date: Feb 2012       05-09-2014, 2:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez71 View Post
Wakeworld is the home of Mastercraft Bashing..... It really dosent matter what you say about the boat people on this site will always spin it in a negative way.

The NXT is a great idea for MC with new boats pushing close to 100k. They claim that they arent cutting any corners or using a low grade material like seen in the Axis and moomba. So for the same price of an Axis and Moomba your getting a better build boat with a better interior material. Shoot if your paying a few grand more your still making out ahead and more than likely a better resale value because of the name.
This is an ignorant post and why someone should filter out 80% of what is said on here when doing research on a boat. No boat company (even MC) is using “special” plastic, vinyl, aluminum, gel coat, resin or fiberglass materials. The materials are all virtually the same quality and as long as the application is correct, will last for years and years. 90% of all the hardware components come from the same suppliers such as vinyl, electronics, brass running gear, tanks, hoses, fasteners, plastics, aluminum, etc.
The question I have, who are the IDIOTS at MasterCraft that made the decision to bring a new boat into a segment that currently makes up less than 150 units per year? I would fire the directors of marketing and sales if they suggested that and then fire myself if I were the CEO for carrying it out. And to top it off, they thought it was a good idea to make the NXT a narrower beam by 7” compared to the A20 and 3” compared to the R20. If anyone has ever spent time on the old MC 205V/X1/original Xstar then you know what I’m talking about because it starts getting cramped in the cockpit with more than 5 people. So to make up the difference inside the boat they either had to narrow the gunwale (used for deck rigidity) or they made the foam on the seat back thinner. THE VERY FACT THAT IT’S A 91” BEAM IS CUTTING CORNERS!!! Also 600 lbs. heavier and Zane said because it’s “content and construction”. Really, then explain what material and where adds 600 lbs. because the whole idea of building a boat out of fiberglass is that you can get good strength to weight ratios. Absolutely crazy and moronic sales pitch! So I can see the salesman now in the show room…”yes, it’s only 91” beam BUT its 600lbs more content and materials.” Maybe it’s the swing set looking tower that’s so heavy? I don’t get it! Was that negetive? Other than that, cool boat!
Old    Josh Schneider (jps120)      Join Date: Oct 2012       05-09-2014, 2:32 PM Reply   
^^^couldnt agree more
Old    Johnny (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-09-2014, 9:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixable View Post
I don't think anyone, that owns an MC, wants to post anything on WW. It wouldn't matter if it was biggest, best shaped, wake in the world. It would get tore apart on WW.
I disagree. One of the best looking boats ever is the 2008 anniversary Xstar. When guys post those pictures, they get nothing but huge compliments. That Xstar is legendary and NOBODY bashes that boat and its wake. Yes, there are some things about that boat that are less desirable, but the fact is MC did a great job with that boat and the fact they ran it for approx 10 years is proof to that. The 1st and 2nd gen stars/ 205/ x2/x1 is legendary as well and that boat gets nothing but praises on here as well. Yes its small and can be finicky, but thats the only complaints, the boat is sick and the wake is excellent, still today. Really, MC does some shady things, puts out boats that make us on ww say "what the crap" and their marketing is terrible terrible. The xstar video, release and the nxt video and release are proof of that as well.

I love all boats, but here on ww is where us 1% of wakeboat owners really pay attention and call shenanigans when we see them, regardless of boat brand. I think that the "hate" on mastercraft seems excessive compared to the rest is because for the last few years, they (MC) deserve it. In my opinion, of course.
Old    Eric (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       05-09-2014, 10:02 PM Reply   
^ya, you obviously haven't been around here long enough. I can remember the last gen XStar getting bashed to death on WW. That let up a bit, as more wakeworlders ended up owning them over the years. The bias against MC, is nothing new on WW.

It is no matter anyhow. I fully understand what it has always been about. I was just pointing out that a lot of the MC guys won't participate here because of it.
Old    Johnny (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-09-2014, 10:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixable View Post
^ya, you obviously haven't been around here long enough. I can remember the last gen XStar getting bashed to death on WW. That let up a bit, as more wakeworlders ended up owning them over the years. The bias against MC, is nothing new on WW.

It is no matter anyhow. I fully understand what it has always been about. I was just pointing out that a lot of the MC guys won't participate here because of it.
I have been around since 2006, just 2 years after the Gen 3 star was released, and it has been almost 8 years, but I do not remember excessive xstar bashing. Maybe it was bad and I just forgot. Crap man, I owned a Tige back then and tige gets bashed more than MC and I had no problem posting on here.

Talking about boats is very fun, and what matters is going out on the water with friends and family and enjoying the lifestyle. On an NXT it will be just as fun, even if you end up paying too much for a v drive ski boat with a tower on it, it's not my money
Old    Eric (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       05-10-2014, 7:02 AM Reply   
I'm not gonna say you are wrong about Tige getting bashed here, in years passed. (And still do a bit)
Old    Steve Amestoy (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-10-2014, 9:15 AM Reply   
Everyone was saying this boat weighed in at 4100 lbs but on the MC NXT build site it says it weighs 3825 lbs. My star is 4250 lbs so I was already thinking 4100 was heavy for a 20' boat. The boat looks like it should way around 3500 or so.
Old    Rance Taylor (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       05-10-2014, 9:18 AM Reply   
Those screen shots are interesting. Maybe they will run some kind of special. The 50th boat sold gets it for 50g"s. Hey if they spec one out just like the one in the video for 50g's I may even buy one.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-10-2014, 3:29 PM Reply   
axis a20 and tige r20 would like to have a word with you MC....
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-10-2014, 3:36 PM Reply   
WTF at the gauges? or lack there of...
Old    Dwight Kinley (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-10-2014, 4:07 PM Reply   
Only interested in this boat if it is eligible for the cash rewards program
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-10-2014, 7:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by beretta5spd View Post
Only interested in this boat if it is eligible for the cash rewards program
Well Played.
Old    Johnny (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-11-2014, 11:10 AM Reply   
just watched 7 clips with travis pastrana on Alliance. 1st video travis says "starting at 50k…", but a few seconds later, the garage door closes and on the door states "50k all day". I have a feeling MC will slowly phase out the 50k all day and replace it with "starting at 50k" hoping nobody will notice.
Old    R B (IndySkier)      Join Date: Mar 2011       05-11-2014, 6:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek View Post
Curious to see if Wayzata Investment Partners will keep Mastercraft alive really. Rumor has it that things aren't moving and shaking so well. The NXT could be their last effort to make some $$$.
This new line could create share potential that gets them a higher EBITDA multiplier if they are indeed pursuing an exit plan. The brand isn't in question, just owners/equity-partners/debt holders are.
Old    Drew Richardson (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-06-2014, 6:11 PM Reply   
Charlotte Ski Boats has one…..
Old    Steve Amestoy (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-08-2014, 7:45 AM Reply   
Has anyone seen one in person yet? Thoughts?
Old    Mike Schmidt (mschmidt33)      Join Date: Aug 2013       06-10-2014, 8:59 AM Reply   
I saw one at Action Watersports in MI this past weekend. I'm glad we did not wait and went with the RZR.

Overall it felt big for the dimensions. Did not like the dash and the screen is sooo tiny. It had a real teak platform which I actually liked. Not a fan of the bimini at all... looked very cheap. Tower was better than the pictures I saw early. Front bow was big... again, plenty of space and felt bigger than our RZR. Vinyl is nice but very plain.

This all really means nothing since I did not demo it. We are very happy with the wake in our RZR for about the same price as the NXT.

Mike
Old    Ryan K (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-10-2014, 2:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschmidt33 View Post
I saw one at Action Watersports in MI this past weekend. I'm glad we did not wait and went with the RZR.

Overall it felt big for the dimensions. Did not like the dash and the screen is sooo tiny. It had a real teak platform which I actually liked. Not a fan of the bimini at all... looked very cheap. Tower was better than the pictures I saw early. Front bow was big... again, plenty of space and felt bigger than our RZR. Vinyl is nice but very plain.

This all really means nothing since I did not demo it. We are very happy with the wake in our RZR for about the same price as the NXT.

Mike
For about the same price? I know the R20 is way under what the NXT is specing out at, but I figured the RZR would be a good bit under it too since it seems that the general impression is that a moderately loaded NXT would run around $75k. Just curious what the price tag on that NXT was?

Last edited by FastR3DN3K; 06-10-2014 at 2:03 PM.
Old    Mike Schmidt (mschmidt33)      Join Date: Aug 2013       06-11-2014, 11:07 AM Reply   
It was light on options. I think they said I could have it for 65K, but they were actually kidding since it is there demo boat only and not for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastR3DN3K View Post
For about the same price? I know the R20 is way under what the NXT is specing out at, but I figured the RZR would be a good bit under it too since it seems that the general impression is that a moderately loaded NXT would run around $75k. Just curious what the price tag on that NXT was?
Old    J B (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-13-2014, 7:33 AM Reply   
Saw this ad on fox this morning. had to laugh because of the "hood" the guy was wearing.
Attached Images

Old    Chattwake (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-13-2014, 7:38 AM Reply   
50 AK all day.
Water looks good in Guantanamo Bay.
Old    Justin Harrelson (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-13-2014, 8:27 AM Reply   
When a hooded Parks Bonifay wakesurfs up to your city gate while pounding a beer, you know your city is doomed. Sorry Baghdad, you're screwed.
Old    TJ (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       06-13-2014, 8:35 AM Reply   
That's just awful marketing.
Old    Aric Brabec (aricsx15)      Join Date: Jan 2014       06-13-2014, 9:14 AM Reply   
That ad showed up based on your web history. If i was to screenshot that it would be a different ad. Now come back with another MC bash!
Old    Justin Harrelson (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-13-2014, 10:01 AM Reply   
Aric, don't be silly. The terrorist mask in the ads is bad marketing. That it popped up next to an article about terrorists is hilarious.

It wasn't anything to do with the stupid my 100K boat is better than your 100K boat crap.
Old    L W (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-13-2014, 10:07 AM Reply   
Sorry, but that ad IS STUPID. I own a MC, and that ad is embarrassing.

Surfing with "Lion" Shorts, a Balaclava and drinking a beer? I would imagine they were trying to fit as much douche into one picture as possible. Not impressive, that's for sure.
Old    Timmy! (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-13-2014, 10:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjeremi View Post
Saw this ad on fox this morning. had to laugh because of the "hood" the guy was wearing.
I had that same ad.
Old    Swatguy (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-13-2014, 12:27 PM Reply   
That add is definitely a head scratcher . Who thinks that is going to sell any boat except a Baja.
FACEPALM

ski boarder's comment is awesome.

Too bad the Surf Pic D##% thread got closed because I am certain Parks wins hands down.
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-13-2014, 6:52 PM Reply   
I live about a half mile from the Seattle area MC dealer. I need to walk my arse down there and see if they have one. I will almost guarantee I will crap my pants when I see the price.
Old    Scotty Mo (AlbertaSurfer)      Join Date: May 2014       06-13-2014, 8:59 PM Reply   
For what it's worth, he's drinking a Red Bull, not a beer. MasterCraft seems to be marketing the NXT as, "piss around, be stupid, tube, laugh, who cares! Just wreck the boat, and buy another one because it's only $50k and not a real boat anyway!"

Even if one could be had for near the advertised price, I still don't get it. A watered down MasterCraft, that's actually marketed as a watered down MasterCraft? Why not put your "$50k all day" into a boat the seller is actually proud of?