Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    William Burell (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-21-2014, 8:18 AM Reply   
I'd think its going to be closer to the release. However I highly doubt they are going to put a product marketed at this demographic out with a terrible wakeboard wake. I would think everything else is a second thought to that. It would be considered a massive and catastrophic failure in my mind if they screw up the wake

Last edited by williamburell; 03-21-2014 at 8:27 AM.
Old    Rusty (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-21-2014, 9:07 AM Reply   
Not sure how the wake is going to be that great when the boat is only 20 feet and comes with less than 900 pounds of ballast. At least the Axis has a wedge to offset the lack of ballast
Old    Ryan Bedford (annq42)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-21-2014, 9:08 AM Reply   
They have good wakes already dialed in, and paid for. For a couple generations. They just need to make an economy version, non of the brushed aluminum, fancy computers, etc. Just bare bones. They can do it.
Old    Trapper (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-21-2014, 9:26 AM Reply   
Oh also, 50K doesn't include a trailer

I actually like that it is narrower. It is a benifit to me that it would need less ballast to sink.
Old    TJ (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       03-21-2014, 10:29 AM Reply   
I'm still just not a fan of that tower.
Old    William Burell (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-21-2014, 11:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Oh also, 50K doesn't include a trailer

I actually like that it is narrower. It is a benifit to me that it would need less ballast to sink.
thought the rumor was it was 50k with a single axle
Old    Ryan (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-21-2014, 12:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamburell View Post
I'd think its going to be closer to the release. However I highly doubt they are going to put a product marketed at this demographic out with a terrible wakeboard wake. I would think everything else is a second thought to that. It would be considered a massive and catastrophic failure in my mind if they screw up the wake

You mean like they did with newest X-star?

kidding kidding... just had to take that shot.
Old    J (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       03-21-2014, 2:07 PM Reply   
All I wanna know, is how strong is this tower on the NXT. can it handle the weight of a bangin stereo, and bikini babes hanging from it?
Wake, less of a concern.
Old    Preston Schenkel (Prestoooooo)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-24-2014, 8:46 AM Reply   
Judging by the sturdiness of a normal Mastercraft tower, I wouldn't expect much from the NXT's.
Old    William Burell (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-24-2014, 8:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Judging by the sturdiness of a normal Mastercraft tower, I wouldn't expect much from the NXT's.
There have been a few complaints about a few towers..........not all and seemed to be random. Not exactly a recipe for generalizations. Might as well not buy a G because of shaft issues.
Old    Supreme Device (rullery)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-24-2014, 9:49 AM Reply   
Wonder why they went with a touch screen? Maybe it's not touch responsive, but in any case seems they could have saved some money sticking with all gauges. Actually I can see some people preferring an analog based gauge system.
Old    William Burell (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-24-2014, 10:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Wonder why they went with a touch screen? Maybe it's not touch responsive, but in any case seems they could have saved some money sticking with all gauges. Actually I can see some people preferring an analog based gauge system.
Think the decision was correct. A lot of people including myself would like an analog system for reliability and cost effectiveness on replacement etc. I think they made the right call though. This boat is aimed at the just out of college bunch and I don't know anyone of that age that doesn't want at least some kind of screen.
Old    Boarder 42 (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-24-2014, 10:37 AM Reply   
how in the hell is a 50k boat aimed at the "just out of college bunch" I make a really good living in my profession (engineer) i have been out of college 4 years now and cant afford to drop 50k on a toy.
Old    Connor (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       03-24-2014, 11:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhartt3 View Post
how in the hell is a 50k boat aimed at the "just out of college bunch" I make a really good living in my profession (engineer) i have been out of college 4 years now and cant afford to drop 50k on a toy.
Yep +1 ^^^ (I guess technically you/I could afford it but probably wouldn't be the best investment and would consist of cutting back $ elsewhere, financing over extended time periods, etc... I agree with you completely though)
Old    Boarder 42 (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-24-2014, 1:03 PM Reply   
yeah i guess if i didnt save 55% of my income for retirement then i could probably afford this boat. but i do so I'm SOL... on track to retire by 40 with a boat that does the exact same thing ... pulls me on a wakeboard... for 1/3 the cost. and its a proven hull.
Old    William Burell (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-24-2014, 1:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
how in the hell is a 50k boat aimed at the "just out of college bunch" I make a really good living in my profession (engineer) i have been out of college 4 years now and cant afford to drop 50k on a toy.
There are a lot of younger people paying 50k for a boat. Only difference is now they can get a new one with a warranty that says MC on the side. I didn't mean that literally but that age range. I own a 25k boat so I completely agree but I know folks rolling in a 100k boat my age so yea.

Quote:
yeah i guess if i didnt save 55% of my income for retirement then i could probably afford this boat. but i do so I'm SOL... on track to retire by 40 with a boat that does the exact same thing ... pulls me on a wakeboard... for 1/3 the cost. and its a proven hull.
Super input. Will keep that in mind. KKTHX.

PS: You smell fantastic from here

Last edited by williamburell; 03-24-2014 at 1:31 PM.
Old    Rusty (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-24-2014, 1:59 PM Reply   
Those folks rolling in the 100K boat are also rolling in debt as well
Old    William Burell (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-24-2014, 2:09 PM Reply   
The majority probably are but you never know. I had a ton of disposable cash when I was single and without kids. Its all up to what your situation is. For some people a 50k boat is a great option if you don't have the knowledge to get your hands dirty and want the warranty behind it. For some of us if you look at maintinence costs on an older boat we are essentially paying for a new one anyways.
Old    MCXSTAR (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-24-2014, 2:56 PM Reply   
Are you sure about that Rusty
Old    Clayton Gilliland (cgilliland)      Join Date: Dec 2013       03-24-2014, 3:52 PM Reply   
that was close! for a minute there I thought we were going to slide back into some NXT discussion! Whew!
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-24-2014, 4:33 PM Reply   
any where to get real decent pictures?
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-24-2014, 10:48 PM Reply   
I am interested to see what this boat looks like all complete. The teaser boat doesn't get real excited but I will wait to reserve judgement till we see a full release. It is an interesting boat just from the size standpoint. Going narrow just doesn't make a lot of sense to me unless they really want this to be a pure wake machine. I just don't think that appealing to the "core" rider is the best plan if it means you give up all the family/general boater buyers(who make up most of the market) because it will have a narrow/small interior. I could understand if someone was going to build a smaller wakeboat that is narrow and could be had for 40k or so with triple ballast, PP, Tower, racks and trailer but I am not sure that is realistic these days. The closest thing to that was the V210(which is gone now) and even it was just so low profile and narrow that it didn't sell well anymore.

Who knows though. There are probably some crazy people out there that will buy it just because it has MC written down the side.

Since this boat is a chopper gun boat is it being built in a different factory(at least the hull and deck)?
Old    William Burell (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-25-2014, 8:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
I just don't think that appealing to the "core" rider is the best plan if it means you give up all the family/general boater buyers(who make up most of the market) because it will have a narrow/small interior.
The san210 sold terribly right? Not being a smartass but the size difference is minimal. Yes those boats are small inside but people love them. A lot of folks don't like having 10 people on their boat and if you have a small core riding group this could be the ticket. If they produce a knee snapping wake like that I'm going to find it hard to believe people won't buy the boat.

Quote:
Since this boat is a chopper gun boat is it being built in a different factory(at least the hull and deck)?
I would think it would still be onsite. It does raise questions though when you start talking about a completely different style of boat both build and finish wise.

Last edited by williamburell; 03-25-2014 at 8:19 AM.
Old    Chattwake (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-28-2014, 3:08 PM Reply   
Just saw an MSRP sheet for an NXT. Came in at a whopping $80k.

At least it included a $3800 single axle trailer...
Old    DTB (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-28-2014, 3:22 PM Reply   
Uh Oh. We have a problem???? 50k, what do you get for that???
Old    Shawndoggy (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-28-2014, 3:22 PM Reply   
yeah, but it's going to be fun for the dealers to try to negotiate with buyers who just laugh and say "oh no no, Mr. Dealer. You and your silly MSRP build sheet. I'm no dummy, it's $50k all day long!"
Old    MCXSTAR (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-28-2014, 5:40 PM Reply   
For $50k you get a hole in the water surrounded by fiberglass
Old    RB (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-28-2014, 5:42 PM Reply   
Wow 55K would have been understandable, but 30K over their advertised price. You can't tell me someone put 30K in options on a 50K budget boat!!
Old    Matt (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-28-2014, 5:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
Just saw an MSRP sheet for an NXT. Came in at a whopping $80k.

At least it included a $3800 single axle trailer...
How or where did you see that?
Old    William Burell (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-28-2014, 6:14 PM Reply   
I imagine if you added heater, underwater lighting, full wetsounds, and so on you could add 30k to anything.
Old    Mitch (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-28-2014, 9:17 PM Reply   
Just like any budget boat out there, I'm sure the $50k is No options and No trailer. You can definitely buy the boat like that, but a lot of people wont. You could easily get to $80K if you get the biggest motor possible, every stereo option, and all of the other options. But then again, they are just options. You dont have to get them.

Just like Axis. You can get Axis boats way down in price, but most people want to throw everything on them. The options are necessary to have a good time, but people are willing to spend the money. That's why boat prices keep going up. People want more, and keep paying for more.
Old    Shawndoggy (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-28-2014, 10:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamburell View Post
I imagine if you added heater, underwater lighting, full wetsounds, and so on you could add 30k to anything.
heater = $500
underwater lighting = $1000 (more?)
wetsounds = $28,500?
Old    William Burell (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-28-2014, 10:13 PM Reply   
we are talking standard bs prices here. Like Mitch said you can drop a few grand on bigger motor too. 3g on a single axle. It all starts adding up quick.

Upgraded stereo
upgraded motor
underwater lights
bimini
tower lights
upgraded tower could be a big cost
pop up cleats
dual batteries
upgraded ballast

Last edited by williamburell; 03-28-2014 at 10:16 PM.
Old    Chattwake (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-28-2014, 10:18 PM Reply   
This was with the standard 5.7l motor...
Old    Tony (retoxtony)      Join Date: Apr 2012       03-28-2014, 10:35 PM Reply   
I said right from the start that these will end up being 80-90k for a boat with decent options. Once your into that price range it opens up a lot of options on the used side of things. If that is indeed the price i can't see them selling that great.
Old    Eric (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-29-2014, 5:54 AM Reply   
Chatt- how did you see an MSRP sheet before the dealers have even seen one? I saw the MC east coast rep yesterday, at the boat show, and he said that pricing info won't even be available for another 2-3 months.

Wouldn't make much sense to even bother, when the X2 has an MSRP of 80-90k if you spec with the standard engine and basic options.

Last edited by Fixable; 03-29-2014 at 5:58 AM.
Old    Ben R (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       03-29-2014, 6:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamburell View Post
True on the 20' and 22' options from what I hear. Hear the 22' will follow a few mo after. I'm still concerned about the narrowness. I mean what are they going to do on the 22' version? Kind of laughable to have a 22' boat that narrow. Only thing I don't love so far is I was really hoping for gauges vs digital display. Sounds backwards but I like cheap and easily replaced. Was happy to see simple toggles though.
Original SAN is 21'6" with like a 92" beam. So it wouldnt be too out of the ordinary
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-29-2014, 7:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamburell View Post
The san210 sold terribly right? Not being a smartass but the size difference is minimal. Yes those boats are small inside but people love them. A lot of folks don't like having 10 people on their boat and if you have a small core riding group this could be the ticket. If they produce a knee snapping wake like that I'm going to find it hard to believe people won't buy the boat.


I would think it would still be onsite. It does raise questions though when you start talking about a completely different style of boat both build and finish wise.
Yes the SAN210 was a popular boat but that was 10 years ago. The main boats it was going against in the early 2000's were the 205v hull, VLX, 22ssv and mobius lsv. A couple of those are slightly bigger but really they were all similar size outside of the 205V which is really small. Basically all current 20' boats are bigger(storage and interior seating) than the san210. There is a reason they quit making it. Very few people in my opinion are going to give up the room and storage for a great wake. Again, that is assuming this boat throws a first class wake.
Old    Tony (retoxtony)      Join Date: Apr 2012       03-29-2014, 11:45 AM Reply   
I've also been wondering about the point of bringing out a brand new boat in that size. They could have used the old 205 hull since its almost exactly the same size and kept the cost down even more because of no R&D costs. I think the 205 hull with a updated newer style interior and a 50-60k price tag would be a winner. Its still one of the best crossover hulls out there and would be an ideal "starter" tow boat for many.
Old    Matt (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-29-2014, 1:37 PM Reply   
The 205v used building techniques and practices that would require more costly materials and labor than the Nxt. As far as R&D cost, rumor has it that the nxt is merely a failed attempt at the new Prostar, so any costs for development were minimal. The 205v was simply not competitive at the price they had to sell it at in the end; there is a reason mine sat at the dealer unsold for over a year.

And I still am curious how Chat saw a build sheet.
Old    MCXSTAR (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-29-2014, 3:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post

And I still am curious how Chat saw a build sheet.
He didn't he's just starting chit
Old    Tony (retoxtony)      Join Date: Apr 2012       03-29-2014, 7:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
The 205v used building techniques and practices that would require more costly materials and labor than the Nxt. As far as R&D cost, rumor has it that the nxt is merely a failed attempt at the new Prostar, so any costs for development were minimal. The 205v was simply not competitive at the price they had to sell it at in the end; there is a reason mine sat at the dealer unsold for over a year.

And I still am curious how Chat saw a build sheet.

That rumor about it being a failed Prostar hull was apparently just that. A rumor. Over on Teamtalk the word is its an all new boat. Not sure why they couldnt update the building methods on a 205 to keep costs down. I guess i'm not all that up on how they were built but i can't see it being much different than new boats.
Old    Chattwake (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-30-2014, 6:01 AM Reply   
I don't just make stuff up.
Old    Rusty (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-30-2014, 6:58 AM Reply   
Post the price sheet then
Old    Hey, You scratched my anchor! (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-30-2014, 9:38 AM Reply   
No chit from Chatt
Old    J (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       03-30-2014, 9:45 AM Reply   
Let's remember that chatt purchases a new boat every 12 weeks, so he very well may be truthful.
Old    Matt (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-30-2014, 12:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by retoxtony View Post
That rumor about it being a failed Prostar hull was apparently just that. A rumor. Over on Teamtalk the word is its an all new boat. Not sure why they couldnt update the building methods on a 205 to keep costs down. I guess i'm not all that up on how they were built but i can't see it being much different than new boats.
Redesigning a boat to include the labor saving advantages of a liner (with the deck mold) can be done, but again thats R&D costs. Plus doing that still wouldn't improve the 205v's crap rough water ride andd other shortcomings...

I still stand by the Prostar rumor; in today's modern towboat world I find it hard to believe MC would design a 20' long and 91" beam boat unless it was originally a ski boat attempt. Failed Prostar would still make it an all new design. (Plus, MC has zero to gain by admitting that is the case) Either way, I like what I see from the NXT so far.

Last edited by MattieK27; 03-30-2014 at 12:08 PM.
Old    J (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       03-30-2014, 12:11 PM Reply   
Interested to see what this does to the market share of axis. Even being as it's a smaller boat, I bet it draws buyers from the 22' axis.
Old    William Burell (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-30-2014, 12:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
I still stand by the Prostar rumor; in today's modern towboat world I find it hard to believe MC would design a 20' long and 91" beam boat unless it was originally a ski boat attempt. Failed Prostar would still make it an all new design. (Plus, MC has zero to gain by admitting that is the case) Either way, I like what I see from the NXT so far
My thought too. No basis but common sense behind it. I mean my theory would be that the whole thing spawned from a failed attempt. I mean what company is going to say they designed a botched ski boat and got the idea to run with it. Again no basis to my thought process.

Quote:
Interested to see what this does to the market share of axis. Even being as it's a smaller boat, I bet it draws buyers from the 22' axis.
I don't think this boat will as much. Think this is meant more to attack moomba and the A20. The nxt 22' however is an obvious aim at the a22. Don't think anyone looking at an A22 is going to be in the same market as a 20' 90" beam boat.
Old    Tony (retoxtony)      Join Date: Apr 2012       03-30-2014, 12:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
Redesigning a boat to include the labor saving advantages of a liner (with the deck mold) can be done, but again thats R&D costs. Plus doing that still wouldn't improve the 205v's crap rough water ride andd other shortcomings...

I still stand by the Prostar rumor; in today's modern towboat world I find it hard to believe MC would design a 20' long and 91" beam boat unless it was originally a ski boat attempt. Failed Prostar would still make it an all new design. (Plus, MC has zero to gain by admitting that is the case) Either way, I like what I see from the NXT so far.
I agree the 205 had a crap rough water ride, but it wasnt much worse than any other 20' boats i've been in. They may be trying to go for a hull that surfs a little better than a 205, that was the main reason i got rid of mine. I do agree its a nice boat and i like what i see so far but if pricing is where I suspect it will be, i just don't really see the point.
Old    R B (IndySkier)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-05-2014, 11:55 AM Reply   
I thoroughly enjoy my X1. This has me intrigued with a few features and surf potential. This is aimed right at my demo/psychographic. I'd rather buy this or another used boat than get a new CC210, X10, VLX-D or VTX-3D if it can ski well enough.

Below are a few specs & new pics (I omitted a few bits of info to protect the innocent). Most notable are the interior shot of the rear bench/sundeck and engine bay. I'm glad to see a slot for a removable or optional pylon.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by IndySkier; 04-05-2014 at 11:57 AM. Reason: zzzz
Old    R B (IndySkier)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-05-2014, 12:10 PM Reply   
For those that doubt the strategy with this boat, go Google the sales impact of the MC's neighbor, Cobalt and their 10 Series, Jaguar with the XF or Maserati with the Ghibli where no new brand name was needed as they seek to extend the lifetime value of a consumer.
Old    Detox (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-05-2014, 2:01 PM Reply   
that 91" beam is going to make this boat feel really small and probably going to be the pitfall of the boat. Calabria always had small boats but with 102" beam they felt much bigger. Now take a small boat with a smaller beam and its going to look like a clown car with 9 people crammed in it i'd imagine... time will tell. i like the design and everything else i've seen, just the dimensions are lacking for me.
Old    R B (IndySkier)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-05-2014, 3:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10after View Post
that 91" beam is going to make this boat feel really small and probably going to be the pitfall of the boat. Calabria always had small boats but with 102" beam they felt much bigger. Now take a small boat with a smaller beam and its going to look like a clown car with 9 people crammed in it i'd imagine... time will tell. i like the design and everything else i've seen, just the dimensions are lacking for me.
Calabria - They did have 102" on their 23'6" boats (ProV/TeamV/23Cal-Air) while it had a low freeboard, that's no small boat. I had to look up the width of some of their other boats was sure they were all narrower. 98" on the 21'6" ProV2 (still felt super-wide at the time) and the DD CalAir had a meager 87" let alone the XTS or Comp.

Small boats (NXT)- some of us that like smaller boats for handling, many ski better, easy to tow and just big enough for a fam and a few friends. Seems many outgrew the X1, I love the size. It will always be much bigger than my PS190, though I would appreciate the extra stbd bench seat, ice chest and the wider bow in the NXT. For reasons or 20' lake restrictions only a few boats make sense VTX, M20V & NXT.

Big Boats - I totally get the fun with big boats. There's either a party atmosphere, extra space between guys that don't want elbows touching, pride, or just a better rough water ride, Plus, that's what it used to take to get a good surf wake. I'm just not up for paying thar much to take my kid's sports team to the lake nor losef cross-over ability.

Gauges - someone said earlier they'd rather have less expensive analog gauges than this screen. ICBW, but I bet this screen is much less expensive than precise servo driven analog gauges.
Old    Johnny (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-05-2014, 3:47 PM Reply   
Funky cour combo's too choose from

I guess to save money they made the boat with a 91' beam AND had a 3rd grader write the description?

I am pumped for this boat, I really hope they can keep this at $50k all day with a trailer, that will help keep Axis and Moomba honest. If they keep the "mastercraft" name on it everywhere, then they will steal a bunch of Axis and Moomba business with that price point. I got to spend some time in Axis' new T22, priced at about $55k with some really nice options (including surf gate), it is a huge feeling boat and nicely laid out design… unless you have boat lake restrictions or garage needs, I doubt anyone would choose that NXT over the T22… unless they MUST have a mastercraft.

Can't wait to ride behind this thing. One really good thing is it should not need a whole lot of weight to get a huge wake, maybe 2500 lbs total?
Old    Dave Diaz (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-05-2014, 4:22 PM Reply   
The boat is 50k, but you are going to get your normal complaints "I just went and priced a NXT and it came out to 70k fully loaded". People do not seem to grasp the concept that "options" are "extra". Skip the wetsounds, skip the heater, shower, cleats, etc (you get the point) and the boat price stays low. This is true for almost any boat however. Axis has stayed pretty price point, but the "extras" drive the boat price up. But to Johnny's point, I'd rather get a T22 for 5 k more, way more more room.
Old    DBC (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-05-2014, 4:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySkier View Post
Calabria - They did have 102" on their 23'6" boats (ProV/TeamV/23Cal-Air) while it had a low freeboard, that's no small boat. I had to look up the width of some of their other boats was sure they were all narrower. 98" on the 21'6" ProV2 (still felt super-wide at the time) and the DD CalAir had a meager 87" let alone the XTS or Comp.
The Calabria Pro V is listed as 23'6" incl. the 30" platform. So it's really a 21' boat, and that's the biggest boat they made. http://calabriaboats.com/index_files/Page572.htm

The Pro V2 is listed as 21'6" incl. the 30" platform. So it's actually a 19" boat.

But you are right... they are super wide!
Old    DBC (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-05-2014, 4:59 PM Reply   
At 4,000 lbs I think I understand why it failed as the new Prostar ;-)
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-05-2014, 7:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
At 4,000 lbs I think I understand why it failed as the new Prostar ;-)
Haha, that is what I was thinking. That and somehow they have figured out how to build a 4000# 20' 91" beam boat. They must have a billet aluminum quota per boat and since this one doesn't have the billet tower they stuffed 500 pounds of billet under the floor. J/K, but not really

I am at the very least interested to see what the end product looks like, performs like and how much it actually sells for.
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-05-2014, 7:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
The Calabria Pro V is listed as 23'6" incl. the 30" platform. So it's really a 21' boat, and that's the biggest boat they made. http://calabriaboats.com/index_files/Page572.htm

The Pro V2 is listed as 21'6" incl. the 30" platform. So it's actually a 19" boat.

But you are right... they are super wide!
Exactly. I have always hated how Calabria tried to pull that crap. They got away with it because their boats were so damn huge inside.
Old    R B (IndySkier)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-05-2014, 8:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
The Calabria Pro V is listed as 23'6" incl. the 30" platform. So it's really a 21' boat, and that's the biggest boat they made. http://calabriaboats.com/index_files/Page572.htm

The Pro V2 is listed as 21'6" incl. the 30" platform. So it's actually a 19" boat.

But you are right... they are super wide!
Forgive me. I've had those numbers in my head but had them wrong with that caveat.
Old    DBC (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-05-2014, 9:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySkier View Post
Forgive me. I've had those numbers in my head but had them wrong with that caveat.
LOL, I forgive you! :-)

I only knew that cuz I almost bought a Pro V2 back in the day and I was worried about garage fit. I always thought it was bizarre the way Calabria listed that.
Old    William Burell (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-28-2014, 7:28 AM Reply   
WHEN: LIVE April 28th @ 1:30 EST and 10:30 ESTWe are excited to formally introduce you to the MasterCraft NXT 20 - the most accessible MasterCraft ever. The NXT is well equipped and built with the details and quality you expect from the best brand on the water. This is the boat that will your customers started in the MasterCraft Brand and keep them coming back for more. During this Brandlive Presentation, we look forward to walking you through the NXT 20 and answering your questions about the newest addition to our MasterCraft family.

http://mastercraft.yourbrandlive.com...tintroduction/
Old    Tampa Wake (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-28-2014, 7:56 AM Reply   
so its 6 inches shorter and 1 inch wider than my X Star 205v. Love my boat but damn it gets TIGHT with more than 4 people in main area. Clearly I am not MC but this makes zero sense to me but sure they will sell a bunch!
Old    Ryan K (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-28-2014, 8:38 AM Reply   
If everyone is so worried about getting a decent sized V-drive for under $50k, why not just get a Tige R20? It has a 94" beam and a base price of about $39k without a trailer, so for $50k you could have it pretty decently loaded out.
Old    Tom (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-28-2014, 8:44 AM Reply   
Says in the comments on that site that $50k is with NO TRAILER. So that means the starting price for 95% of buyers is actually more like $55k. We'll know more today when we hear what the standard options are. I expect the standard options will be almost identical to the Axis A20. Basic 4 speaker stereo with upgrade options. Basic gelcoat schemes with options for more complex. No bimini standard, no plug n play standard, no surf system standard.
Old    Swatguy (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-28-2014, 8:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastR3DN3K View Post
If everyone is so worried about getting a decent sized V-drive for under $50k, why not just get a Tige R20? It has a 94" beam and a base price of about $39k without a trailer, so for $50k you could have it pretty decently loaded out.


I would love to know where you are finding this R20 without a trailer for 39k, it's 55 k all day with the bare minimum options. That 55k the going rate not the MSRP
Old    Chattwake (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-28-2014, 9:01 AM Reply   
The sheet I saw had the base msrp price for an NXT20 listed at $63,490.00. Maybe someone in the know can chime in and let me know if that number is way off. Seems like it must be, in light of the whole 50k all day marketing scheme.
Old    Bryce Pool (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       04-28-2014, 9:23 AM Reply   
You can get a A22 pretty damn loaded with tricked out gel and trailer for that price. I would hope that numbers way off , but probably not. Anxious for the reveal either way!
Old    William Burell (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-28-2014, 9:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
If everyone is so worried about getting a decent sized V-drive for under $50k, why not just get a Tige R20? It has a 94" beam and a base price of about $39k without a trailer, so for $50k you could have it pretty decently loaded out.
Saw in a thread around here you can get a trailer with overspray all over it from Tige for next to nothing! They may even throw in some jacked up Gel on the boat base too [/troll]
Old    Tom (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-28-2014, 9:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
The sheet I saw had the base msrp price for an NXT20 listed at $63,490.00. Maybe someone in the know can chime in and let me know if that number is way off. Seems like it must be, in light of the whole 50k all day marketing scheme.
JUST the boat? Or are we talking MSRP for the whole package deal?
Old    RB (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-28-2014, 10:09 AM Reply   
@Swat. I helped my dealer sell 3 R20's last fall lightly optioned for 41K. That was probably 8-10K in options on paper(Trailer, cover, carpet, depth, heater, Front cooler with filler). R20's should be OTD less that 50K all day unless you option the heck out of them in which case cost wise your better off moving to the RZR.

Last edited by boardman74; 04-28-2014 at 10:17 AM.
Old    Matt (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-28-2014, 11:09 AM Reply   
How about a new wakeworld rule, from now on if anyone feels the need to get in a pissing contest about prices, msrp is the ONLY number discussed and it needs to be backed up with a price sheet.

Christ, and to think this is a comparison to a boat that hasn't even been released...
Old    William Burell (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-28-2014, 11:27 AM Reply   
Whats worse? Comparing imaginary numbers or comparing a mastercraft to a tige'?. JK
Old    RB (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-28-2014, 11:30 AM Reply   
Wow…feel threatened by other brands much???

Lets try to calm down, put the keyboard down and back away from the ledge!!!
Old    Chattwake (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-28-2014, 11:31 AM Reply   
That was just for the boat, with no options or trailer and base motor.
Old    William Burell (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-28-2014, 11:33 AM Reply   
Not the one who came into the thread with a tige' woody. BTW some answers. I'm just busting alil chops nothing serious

Quote:
Jason from mastercraft:

@Jeff Prince Hey Jeff - To measure the true width of a boat, you have to measure side to side INSIDE the boat. With that measurement, we are spot on with other 20 footers in the market and the boat is spacious. But to answer your question, it was to meet shipping requirements for our international markets and their shipping containers.
Quote:
there is a NXT Surf System available. And the Pro Package is not available on the NXT but there will be a convenience package. We will be going over various packages in the presentation at 1:30 EST.
a big bummer here

Quote:
- no other options for towers. It is tough to see the tower in 2 dimensions but in person, it looks very good (we are biased of course).]
Quote:
The $50K USD is without trailer.
Old    William Burell (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-28-2014, 11:36 AM Reply   
Also I do find it slightly cheesey to put a payment calculator right next to the boat info on the live event. Thats alil crappy imho
Old    Tom (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-28-2014, 11:43 AM Reply   
hmmm, no cupholders or speakers in the side of the boat where almost every other boat has them... That explains 91 beam and still getting decent interior size.
Old    William Burell (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-28-2014, 11:45 AM Reply   
Tom where are you talking about? Side? They are near the floor which I actually like. They cut the speakers etc out of the side b/c of the width. Spill your beer and its on the floor and not soaking up in a crevice

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:49 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us