Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (skers85)      Join Date: Jun 2013       03-18-2014, 6:12 PM Reply   
Anyone use SL sumo sacs for plumbed ballast I hear a lot about fly high but not much about SL

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
Old     (ifinallygota21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-18-2014, 9:44 PM Reply   
I have them and like them. Saw a post a while back regarding the actual weight they hold and I think they hold what is advertised whereas fly high holds less. I love the sumo fill port...never worry about water blowing out when trying to put a cap on
Old     (AxisofEvil)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-19-2014, 6:52 AM Reply   
I have Sumo sacs attached to the PNP in my boat. I love them, they seem to fit in my lockers and in the bow better than Fly highs and like Todd said they have a fill port (orange ring) that makes burping the bags a breeze.
Attached Images

Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-22-2014, 9:14 PM Reply   
I chose Sumo Sacs for Malibu PnP because the fittings are bigger then Fly High which is a better match for Bu's 1" hoses. Most of the guys with PnP over on BuCrew have Sumo for this reason...

Old     (LKASurfing)      Join Date: Nov 2011       03-24-2014, 4:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
I chose Sumo Sacs for Malibu PnP because the fittings are bigger then Fly High which is a better match for Bu's 1" hoses. Most of the guys with PnP over on BuCrew have Sumo for this reason...

Just so you know, FLy High makes the fittings that came on your Malibu, so they have the receiving end to fit in their bag. If you look on their sight, they have two different diameters of fittings.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-24-2014, 9:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKASurfing View Post
Just so you know, FLy High makes the fittings that came on your Malibu, so they have the receiving end to fit in their bag. If you look on their sight, they have two different diameters of fittings.
Yeah, I read something about that a few days ago on BuCrew. It was the first time I'd heard Fly High had anything other than 3/4 inch fittings. Is this new?

Last year when I outfitted my boat with Sumo Sacs the conventional wisdom was that only Sumo had the larger fittings. I even confirmed this with Wakemakers.

I've got another new Malibu on order so looks like I'll get to consider Fly High this time around.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       03-24-2014, 9:55 AM Reply   
Fly High makes the 1" diameter quick connects but their ballast bags are 3/4" threaded fittings. You could get a 3/4-1" adapter, but the 3/4" threaded fitting will still be a bottle neck.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-24-2014, 9:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
Fly High makes the 1" diameter quick connects but their ballast bags are 3/4" threaded fittings. You could get a 3/4-1" adapter, but the 3/4" threaded fitting will still be a bottle neck.
Then it looks like I'm back to Sumo!

That was easy...
Old     (LYNRDSKYNRD)      Join Date: Sep 2012       03-24-2014, 9:34 PM Reply   
Fly high also has 1"1/8 fittings don't they?
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-24-2014, 11:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
Then it looks like I'm back to Sumo!

That was easy...
HAHA. Yeah I think boat owners and dealers got confused last season when Fly High came out with the Malibu and Axis Plug and Play bags that had W743 fittings glued in. They assumed that the bags came with 1" threaded bag ports when that was not the case.

Only Eight.3 and Straight Line offer a 1" NPT threaded port. Fly High as of today only offers a 3/4" NPS threaded port.
Old     (LKASurfing)      Join Date: Nov 2011       03-25-2014, 4:30 AM Reply   
The Fly High bags are in fact a 1" threaded hole in the bag. The larger fitting are 1" 1/8. That is what come plumbed in now on several manufactures for their PnP with a 1" hose.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-25-2014, 7:33 AM Reply   
Well regardless, the OP asked if anyone used SL Sumo Sacs... I did and loved them, especially the built in burp button.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       03-25-2014, 8:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKASurfing View Post
The Fly High bags are in fact a 1" threaded hole in the bag. The larger fitting are 1" 1/8. That is what come plumbed in now on several manufactures for their PnP with a 1" hose.
http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-p...ting-w747.html

"This fitting is a reducer from 1 1/8" female (the proprietary thread on the Attwood T1200 pump) to 3/4" male, and can be used to connect the pump direct to the port on Fly High Pro X Series ballast bags, or to any other female 3/4" connection."

Based on the above statement, you can infer that 3/4" is the size of the Fly High bag port, since the fitting to attach a pump to the bag is stated as a reducer TO 3/4".

I am unable to find the specs anywhere else, since Fly High likes to keep it quiet. If you can prove it to me some other way, I'm all ears. I'd rather have the correct information.
Old     (LKASurfing)      Join Date: Nov 2011       03-31-2014, 5:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-p...ting-w747.html

"This fitting is a reducer from 1 1/8" female (the proprietary thread on the Attwood T1200 pump) to 3/4" male, and can be used to connect the pump direct to the port on Fly High Pro X Series ballast bags, or to any other female 3/4" connection."

Based on the above statement, you can infer that 3/4" is the size of the Fly High bag port, since the fitting to attach a pump to the bag is stated as a reducer TO 3/4".

I am unable to find the specs anywhere else, since Fly High likes to keep it quiet. If you can prove it to me some other way, I'm all ears. I'd rather have the correct information.
I am speaking of the diameter of the threads in the bag itself, which with a tape measure is a 1" thread. I even too the plug and tried to place it in a 1" crescent wrench. Unless I am missing something, there is no way it can be 3/4. The inside diameter of the quick connect fitting is 7/8.
Attached Images