Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    Aaron Snyder (snyderaaron)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-05-2013, 5:16 PM Reply   
Has anyone heard about this new board? Any thoughts on it, suppose to have a different design for riding? Or is that just a gimic for me to buy
Old    Jamie Corvin (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       12-05-2013, 6:30 PM Reply   
Guy on Facebook that has it told me that it has really consistent pop, super fast, the softest landings in the flats that he has ever ridden. I was a video where Parks said that you could pop off the wake with even weight vs being back foot heavy. I think I might give one a demo next spring when I dunk the boat back in the drink.
Old    Travis (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       12-05-2013, 7:49 PM Reply   
For everyone curious about Camber, I can give you my .02..

I have ridden both the Parks and the Bandwagon behind the boat, and the bandwagon at the park.

First things first, Camber is very different. It may not be for everyone, while others will benefit from it.

These boards are not fast, (compared to Code 22, Viva, William, Etc) but if you want a very fast board, just get one of those. I found that riders looking for a board that is going to boost them into the flats are not going to be raving about the camber, but for riders that are doing more wake to wake stuff, (myself) will benefit most from Camber.

After riding both the Parks and the Bandwagon, the first few sets are very weird. I have a very big snowboard background, and a decent surfing background, and I found you tend to ride the camber boards more like snowboards or surfboards, driving with your front foot.
You can really feel the whole edge of the board, and develop a better control/progressive edge when coming into the wake. They are overall more forgiving, and very "fun" to ride.

Landings are one thing that really stood out for me. The landings were not only soft, but very stable. many tricks that I normally would have butt checked on, or fallen on I rode away from.

Overall, if your looking for a board to do raleys on don't go camber. If you want to have some fun, not kill your knees, and really dial in your wake to wake stuff, give it a try.

At the park I had a blast on the bandwagon. I normally ride a Bill board or Von Videl. The bandwagon flexes a bit, (similar to a phoenix) and takes a little getting use too. however its very controllable, and lands awesome. If you you are a phoenix fan, you will probably like this board.

I hope my opinion helped, but again, its just my opinion!
Old    L W (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-05-2013, 9:55 PM Reply   
I have been very curious about these boards too, Thanks for the feedback Travis.
Old    Mark Heger (WakeWell)      Join Date: Sep 2013       12-10-2013, 6:40 AM Reply   
iWake just posted a video of Erik Ruck riding the Bandwagon Camber. http://bit.ly/18zwc2l
Old    Bizzuck (bizzuck)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-11-2013, 5:51 AM Reply   
Who came out with Camber first? Ronix or CTRL?
Old    Brain Rinse (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-11-2013, 6:03 PM Reply   
would like to ride one and see how it compares to a flex board
Old    Tim (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       12-11-2013, 7:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainrinse View Post
would like to ride one and see how it compares to a flex board
Same here.
Old    Jordan Maxymek (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       12-11-2013, 8:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzuck View Post
Who came out with Camber first? Ronix or CTRL?
Ronix has the patent/rights for it from what I understand.
Old    Steve Amestoy (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-04-2014, 5:21 PM Reply   
Has anyone ridden the Parks camber board yet?
Old    Connor (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       01-10-2014, 2:02 PM Reply   
http://vimeo.com/83089890
Old    Spencer (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       01-10-2014, 2:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevev210 View Post
Has anyone ridden the Parks camber board yet?
I was able to get on it in August. it was hard for me to get used to. I liked how it popped. I am not a good enough rider to totally change my stance so that I am centered when coming off of the wake. I was still really back leg heavy. When I compare it to last year's parks it feels less aggressive from edge to edge but noticeably faster.

I think I will stick to the one board this season but I do want to rock a band wagon as a fun board. It was really fun to press the board out. The experience was like jumping on the Hyperlite Roam in 2006 and being able to have a new experience on a wakeboard.
Old    The Hooligan (robholihan)      Join Date: Mar 2011       01-12-2014, 8:43 PM Reply   
What's up guys. I'll jump in the ring too on this one!

I just started riding the board a few months ago at the cable. The first lap I did on it I was ready to hang it up and go back to old faithful. However, the more and more I rode the board, the more it made sense to me (easier experienced than explained). When riding it at the cable there are three spots where the board can sit on the rail; middle, tip, and tail. After riding the board I started to figure out where these spots were, and (with the large amount of surface area in each) was able to lock into presses right away. The flex pattern on the board is on point as well, I hate riding boards that feel like a pool noodles and cinder blocks (flimsy and stiff) but this board brings both of those to the table.

On boat it was much of the same feeling as it was on cable, wasn't too about it at first and then it really started to grow on me. The more I rode it the more I could feel exactly where the water was breaking the surface on the board, which allowed me to position myself perfectly for any trick. This board it unlike any other behind the boat, it is one of the easiest boards to ride. Even with miinimal edge you can generate maximum pop, all thanks to camber

My advice to anyone giving it a go at first: if you don't like it first, try it again. It really is like riding a wakeboard for the first time again... In a completely awesome way
Old    Jeremy Byrom (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-14-2014, 1:03 PM Reply   
giving it a few sets to figure it out sounds like the common thought on trying flex for the first time.... makes sense though with the fact of how different the boards are and must be.
Old    Matt Steele (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       02-03-2014, 9:36 AM Reply   
Anyone else tried these? Really thinking about trying the Bandwagon Air Core or maybe waiting and checking out the CTRL Imperial...
Old    Erik (Caliguy8070)      Join Date: Nov 2013       02-12-2014, 9:52 AM Reply   
Yea i was wondering also how these boards are. im considering the 2014 modello or if the money is worth it, the 2014 parks air core
Old    Henry Gates (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-12-2014, 5:25 PM Reply   
Rented the bandwagon at ski rixen the other day. Hard to tell how it rides since I wasn't hitting a wake but you definitely could tell there was a difference. The board snapped more off the water on ollies and you could definitely ride front foot heavy as the board has a funny/wider shape.
Old    Steve Amestoy (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-12-2014, 7:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliguy8070 View Post
Yea i was wondering also how these boards are. im considering the 2014 modello or if the money is worth it, the 2014 parks air core
I have the modello and love it. Very snappy off the wake. Found myself riding front foot heavy a few times. Ollies are night and day difference. Felt faster and more straight up pop than my 2012 parks modello I've been on the last 2 yrs.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Old    Erik (Caliguy8070)      Join Date: Nov 2013       03-12-2014, 12:49 PM Reply   
Well just got back from a business trip and came home to a camber air core board that my wife bought. I guess I'll see how it is for myself!! Can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old    Broc Schall (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-12-2014, 4:04 PM Reply   
thats a cool wife^
Old    Bren Walters (BWalt)      Join Date: Nov 2010       03-21-2014, 2:04 PM Reply   
Can someone explain to me the differences between the bandwagon and the parks? How will the bandwagon ride differently behind the boat and cable compared to the parks camber board?
Old    Matt Steele (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-21-2014, 3:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWalt View Post
Can someone explain to me the differences between the bandwagon and the parks? How will the bandwagon ride differently behind the boat and cable compared to the parks camber board?
I myself have only ridden the Bandwagon so far...but here's a link to a recent 'Goods' on Alliance Wake where Robby Holihan talks about his experience on both of them. Not a ton there, but from what I've heard (had someone on my boat last weekend who has experience on both as well) it is spot on. The Bandwagon really does have a mellow, free ride feel and is super forgiving and laid back. The Parks is more aggressive and responsive, with more intense pop.

Either way you go, camber is just ridiculous and I really love the way it rides.

http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/goo...robby-holihan/
Old    Bren Walters (BWalt)      Join Date: Nov 2010       03-21-2014, 4:17 PM Reply   
Thanks for that! I have heard so many people saying they love camber, and others saying they hated it. I guess I will have to get out on either one of them to see for myself
Old    Mystiik Malibu (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       07-22-2014, 5:55 PM Reply   
What about the Bandwagon sizes?
They sell as small, standard and XL? does anyone know what lengths they are?

Anyone else wanna share a review of this board?
Old    Jimmy S (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       07-22-2014, 9:37 PM Reply   
I ride the Parks behind boat and it is very different on the water. It has a ton of vertical pop and hold edges crazy well. The landings are also super soft. The only downside is it is kinda slow on the water.
Old    Jordan Maxymek (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       07-23-2014, 5:42 PM Reply   
Bandwagon sizes are all strange, they're not cut and dry cm lengths, but as a rule of thumb the SM is like 135-138, STD is 139-142 and XL is 143-146. I have a Bandwagon ATR and love it. It takes a lot of getting used to, but is a very smooth riding board with a rather mellow release.
Old    Mystiik Malibu (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       07-24-2014, 6:33 AM Reply   
I wonder if its true how people claim they ride more balanced if this balance feel would make riding switch a little more "comfortable" or lessen the learning curve?
Old    Mark (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-24-2014, 8:07 AM Reply   
I'm interested in these boards - the local shop guys are all raving about them, but seems damn near impossible to find one to demo.

I think I'd be more interested in the Bandwagon - as Parks boards are rarely 'user friendly'... unless this one is a major departure.
Old    Evan Miller (mtownrydr)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-24-2014, 10:25 AM Reply   
I rode the bandwagon...agree on consistent pop and I think the soft landings attribute to how wide the board is. The thing I did not like is that it was fairly slow and almost felt like you had to work harder to edge on it. It did feel very different from anything I had ever ridden.
Old    Mark (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-25-2014, 9:13 AM Reply   
Interesting on the bandwagon.. maybe I will check out the Parks. I ride a LF Lyman now, which is pretty fast.