Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (nautiqueboarder10)      Join Date: Sep 2012       02-24-2014, 4:19 PM Reply   
I tried a few s-bends last summer and felt like I got decently close. Every attempt I would get about 3/4 of the rotation and then for some reason there would be a hard tug that would yank the handle out of my hands and throw me into like a sideways flip. Im about to start riding again this year and Im wanting to get this trick down before summer hits so if anyone has and tips or knows what im doing wrong id appreciate.

Heres the link to the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqQn4vN8kbE
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-24-2014, 4:38 PM Reply   
need to see some Raleys first
Old     (ToddWake)      Join Date: Feb 2014       02-24-2014, 6:28 PM Reply   
You need to make sure you are coming in as hard as you can. Once you tuck your head and "sniff your armpit" the tension should whip you around. I always try to to looks towards the backside rotation. Once you see water pull the handle to your knees and while looking at your knees, say good bye to them cause a good S bend should take you 20ft out to the flats and will crush your knees.

Once you have the line tension down it gets simper. You'll feel the whip kind of like a whirly bird.

Also this trick gets easier with a Mastercraft.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-25-2014, 5:41 AM Reply   
I had too much line tension the results are torn triceps
Old     (cjobil43)      Join Date: Dec 2013       02-25-2014, 5:51 AM Reply   
Deff cutt harder... Darin Shapiro once told me for s-bends: don't edge at the wake, edge so hard your aiming away from the boat!

The main thing I saw in your video, besides speed, is that you went for the trick REALLY EARLY. Do some raleys where you kick them out and putt your head DOWN. A normal raley your head is up looking at the boat, but S-Bend raleys need to be practiced with HEAD DOWN. Then when you progress to trying them, you put your HEAD DOWN and into your backside ARMPIT (for you, left armpit,) but you still throw the raley first THEN roll into the s-bend.

In your video, you tried the s-bend rotation so early that it comes out more of a HS front flip. People call those "Fresh bends" because they arnt really front flips or s-bends, there just a sloppy hybrid. Commit to the raley, then roll into s-bend.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-25-2014, 7:31 AM Reply   
You stopped because you broke a the waist mid-air. Use a strong (doesn't have to be super fast) edge. Pop a raley looking down. Look under your trailing arm pit. Kick your trailing heel and hang on for the ride. Don't bring the landing gear down until you see the water again. The most common mistake on this trick is not letting the rotation take place. You can't rush it. All you can do is hope that you have enough air to pull it down when you see the water again.
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       02-26-2014, 9:11 AM Reply   
I can't help since I can only do them off a kicker at the cable park, but I just wanted to start a slow clap for you... That was awesome! No problem with commitment whatsoever.