Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-09-2014, 7:48 AM Reply   
Seriously the Wolves have been getting ass blasted by the refs this year....

This was called a foul on Cunningham:
http://i.imgur.com/eg9drxX.gif
Old    E.J. (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-08-2014, 9:36 PM Reply   
Had some excellent tickets to the Jazz vs Heat game tonight, nice game!
Old    Mitch (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-10-2014, 1:39 AM Reply   
This season has been so crazy. You really never know how a game is going to end up.

And the warriors are all over the place. One minute they are unbelievable and then the next game they cant buy a basket. Harrison Barnes and Mo Speights need to go, they cant score and are holding us back.
Old    E.J. (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-10-2014, 7:08 AM Reply   
Jazz will be happy to take Harrison Barnes... Will you take RJ, Rush and Biedrins back in trade?

Old    Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-11-2014, 9:17 AM Reply   
I've lost hope for the playoffs this year... The west is just so top heavy its crazy!
Old    Darrel F (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-11-2014, 9:24 AM Reply   
Lakers and Jazz tonight for the battle for 2nd to last place! Lakers would trade Pau Gasol for Harrison Barnes in a heartbeat.
Old    Darren Lamont (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-11-2014, 10:33 AM Reply   
Is this the worst season ever for the Lakers? It would be pretty amazing if Kobe can bring them back but I think it's too late.
Old    Mitch (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-11-2014, 11:16 AM Reply   
E.J., you guys were crazy to take those players.

Mo Speights went OFF last night! I never expected that.
BENCH MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS
Marreese Speights, PF 26 12-15 1-2 7-8 3 5 8 1 0 3 3 3 +20 32
Old    E.J. (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-11-2014, 12:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakemitch View Post
E.J., you guys were crazy to take those players.
It was TOTALLY a salary dump & IMO, a solid move related to their roster and future plans. All expiring contracts and no expectations for them to do anything this year, other than maybe fill in holes while the Jazz lose a lot of games. 100% gain by subtraction. They could also be used as assets in trade for other teams that are going to be looking to dump $$$.

So this year, under the cap at 56.6(cap 58.7). This Summer RJ(11M) and Biedrins(9M), Rush(4M) all come off the books. That opens up 25M to spend. Also Marvin Williams(7.5M) will come off the books, but I am one that hopes they can get him resigned.

All the young talent, except for Hayward, is locked up for a minimum of 2 more years at VERY manageable numbers. Hayward is restricted.

The Jazz have put themselves in a GREAT financial situation(a minimum of 31M to spend in the off season) with a strong core of young players under contract. That said, it will be interesting to see what they can do in the FA market, which historically they have had to overpay in.

With some luck in the lottery, subsequent draft and free agency, the Jazz could immediately become a player in the West.
Old    E.J. (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-11-2014, 12:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Lakers and Jazz tonight for the battle for 2nd to last place! Lakers would trade Pau Gasol for Harrison Barnes in a heartbeat.
Unfortunately for the Jazz, I fully expect them to win tonight. They really have been a fairly competitive team(not a playoff team, but are beating teams at a rate higher than anyone expected) except the first month of the season, when they didn't have a PG.
Old    Mitch (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-11-2014, 1:53 PM Reply   
EJ, yeah I know it was a smart move for the long run. Biedrins and Jefferson were just hated in the Bay Area.
It will be interesting to see what the Jazz do in the next year or two.
Old    Eric (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-12-2014, 9:49 AM Reply   
LBJ saying he will be in the top 4 greatest of all time...Classic... Better get to work, not even close to the top ten currently.
Old    Darren Lamont (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-12-2014, 11:15 AM Reply   
LBJ should never have said that but he's right. He will be in the top 4 by the time he's done. LBJ is only 29 years old. He's got another 10 years before he retires. So if you don't think he'll get at least 2 or 3 more championships, dream on. He'll also get at least 2 or 3 more MVP trophies.
Can LBJ be a d-bag from time to time? Yes, but I don't see him cheating on his wife or gambling his way out of the NBA to play baseball.
Old    Darrel F (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-12-2014, 12:10 PM Reply   
Great game. Lakers up by 11 at end of first qtr...down by 11 at end of second qtr...
Lose to a team by 17 that is TRYING to tank. How in the world do the Los Angeles Lakers have two guys in the starting five that are from the d-league?
I believe the lakers currently have THE worst roster in the entire nba, expectations are low, just not as low as last nights debacle.

LBJ is the best player in the nba for the last handful of years and probably the next handful.
Old    Darren Lamont (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-13-2014, 8:39 AM Reply   
And just in case you needed a reminder of why LBJ will be in the top 4 all time, take a look at last night's game against the Warriors.
36pts, 13reb, 9ast. Oh and the game winning 3. G.O.A.T.
Old    Mitch (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-13-2014, 12:09 PM Reply   
That game last night was incredible Even though the Warriors lost, I still consider it Game of the Year so far. I kind of knew something was going to happen when Lebron stayed behind the arc. He rarely takes a bad shot.

Draymond Green is really developing into an amazing player. He has been my favorite player to watch this year.
Old    Eric (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-13-2014, 12:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
LBJ should never have said that but he's right. He will be in the top 4 by the time he's done. LBJ is only 29 years old. He's got another 10 years before he retires. So if you don't think he'll get at least 2 or 3 more championships, dream on. He'll also get at least 2 or 3 more MVP trophies.
Can LBJ be a d-bag from time to time? Yes, but I don't see him cheating on his wife or gambling his way out of the NBA to play baseball.
LBJ is outside of the top ten and has a long way to go to even be in that talk..

Not even worthy in the discussion of guys like Oscar, Wilt, Jordan, Bird, Russell, Kareem, Majic, Shaq, Duncan, Kobe. Malone. Just a silly comment by a guy who needed dwade to win a ring.
Old    Darren Lamont (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-13-2014, 2:06 PM Reply   
^^you can't be serious with Malone? Zero rings.
Only Wilt, Russell, Jordan & Kareem have as many or more MVPs.
I love Larry Bird but all his rings came on teams with guys like Parrish, McHale, Archibald, DJ, Walton, all of which are HOFers.
Other than Wade there's not an HOFer on the Heat. And don't tell me Allen is an HOFer right now, he makes three shots per game.
Duncan is/was great but he's not better than LBJ. Put Duncan on a team without Robinson, Parker, or Ginobli he does what Kevin Love is doing now. Big numbers and little wins.
Oscar was amazing but only one ring. And he had Kareem too.
If you think LBJ won't win another ring without D-wade you are fooling yourself. When it's all done LBJ will be on Rushmore with MJ, Kareem, & Magic.
Old    Eric (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-13-2014, 5:40 PM Reply   
"I love Larry Bird but all his rings came on teams with guys like Parrish, McHale, Archibald, DJ, Walton, all of which are HOFers"

LBJ had to move to Miami with Wade (HOF), Bosh arguably best stretch 5 in game, Allen (best shooter in NBA history).

TIm Duncan is the greatest power forward of all time... And has the rings/stats to back up his spot in the top 10 of all time.

Oscar averaged a triple double... How many of those does LBJ have in his career??

Of course Dwade will win another ring... Once his contact is up he will form another dream team and win another... Weak.
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-13-2014, 5:57 PM Reply   
LBJ, will certainly be amongst the top players of all time when he retires. He's the top guy now and has been for quite a few years now. Projecting out I'd put him right under MJ when he's all done but you never know he may be able to eclipse even him.
Old    Eric (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-13-2014, 6:05 PM Reply   
Impossible to make a statement like that...

My statement is simple... If LBJ retired today.. He would be no where near the top ten all time.
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-13-2014, 7:42 PM Reply   
At his current pace he'll pass KAJ for career points in 7.5 years. He'll likely have a minimum of 2 more MVP's during that span and 2 more Championships. If that bares out he'll be the second best of all time. Right now he's certainly on the cusp of the top ten. To say otherwise is absurd and is clearly tainted by some irrational dislike of him.
Old    Darren Lamont (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-14-2014, 9:07 AM Reply   
Just take a look at these stats:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/...er_season.html

LBJ has 3 out of the top 10 most efficient seasons of all time. Only MJ and Wilt are in that class. If you look at career efficiency only MJ is better.

LBJ went to Miami to win. He would have never got a ring in Cleveland by himself. It's a team game. Every great player who has won a ring has needed great players around him. The fact that LBJ took Cleveland to the Finals back in 2007 was amazing, he had no one on that team. IMO this is the greatest final 4th quarter/OT by a single player of all time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Px-jPm_TU
Old    Darrel F (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-14-2014, 1:50 PM Reply   
First you say this, "LBJ saying he will be in the top 4 greatest of all time...Classic... " (BTW, he didnt just say it, he was heavily prodded)
Then you change it to this, "My statement is simple... If LBJ retired today.. "
Two different statements, quit back peddleing.

Durant had 41 V. Lakers last night. Lakers thru 3.5 qtrs of the game had not relinquished the lead once, LA fans (me) thought we might pull off a big upset win. Lakers come back to earth, 6 turnovers in the first 4 mins of the qtr...Durant 19 in the 4th...Lakers fall again. Lotto here we come!
Old    Eric (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-15-2014, 10:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
First you say this, "LBJ saying he will be in the top 4 greatest of all time...Classic... " (BTW, he didnt just say it, he was heavily prodded)
Then you change it to this, "My statement is simple... If LBJ retired today.. "
Two different statements, quit back peddleing.

Durant had 41 V. Lakers last night. Lakers thru 3.5 qtrs of the game had not relinquished the lead once, LA fans (me) thought we might pull off a big upset win. Lakers come back to earth, 6 turnovers in the first 4 mins of the qtr...Durant 19 in the 4th...Lakers fall again. Lotto here we come!
Cmon now.. I never back peddle... So let me clarify for all you slow brained folks.

If LBJ retired today he wouldnt be a top 10 player in the NBA. Simple as that.

Part 2... When LBJ retires he will likely be a top 10 player, however will never reach top 4.
Old    Darrel F (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-17-2014, 3:45 PM Reply   
They call that a DunkContest? Props for trying to make it better, except it still sucks. Terrible idea to give the judges Tablets to choose between East/West, its too difficult with all of two options, better get a computer.. the 1-10 was much better. Not even a dunk champion, just Dunker of the Night or whatever they called it. It was so anticlimactic i didnt realize it was over, WTF? Skills Contest is pretty bad too. All that $$ in the NBA and no good ideas?
4th Qtr of the all star game is always good. I thought Kyrie Irving was a good MVP choice, hard to believe he is only 21.
Old    Darren Lamont (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-18-2014, 9:21 AM Reply   
Vince Carter ruined the dunk contest in 2000. No one will ever top that.
Old    Adam Van Dyke (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-19-2014, 6:54 AM Reply   
OK different argument for you Eric,

I agree that LeBron doesn't have the laundry list of accomplishments of MJ or the numbers of Wilt, but do you really think that LBJ isn't the best of all time in terms of actual basketball skills? I don't think there is any way that MJ beats LeBron 1 on 1. LeBron is bigger, stronger, maybe faster, can shoot/post up, and he may win defensive player of the year this year. I think he beats just about anyone one on one. Wilt? Runs circles around him. MJ? Shoots over him, posts up, etc.

We've never seen a 6'8" 275 lb player who is as fast as anyone on the court, with amazing vision, and great defense. I think he is clearly the most skilled basketball player ever which in my mind makes him the best ever, even though he hasn't gotten the accomplishments of other players yet.
Old    Darren Lamont (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-19-2014, 8:27 AM Reply   
^^You'll never convince a MJ fan that LBJ is better no matter how many rings and MVPs LBJ gets. MJ fans are so blinded by His Airness that they won't look at LBJ's ability to play every position on the court at a high level. Offense and defense. Right now MJ is the greatest but LBJ is closing on him.
I honestly think that most people hate LBJ because of all the douchy things he does, but if MJ had a Twitter/Instagram/Facebook he would have a whole different public image. The media hid so much of MJ's private life because they were scared of him. MJ has much bigger skeletons in his closet than LBJ.
Old    Darrel F (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-20-2014, 1:50 PM Reply   
What about Tim Duncan? The big fundamental, greatest power forward of all time. Has 4 rings, MVP's, rookie of the year, 14 all stars, defensive player of the year...Will he even crack the top 20-25?
Old    Darren Lamont (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-20-2014, 2:54 PM Reply   
Duncan is top 10 for me, but not top 5. I will say that when Duncan got his rings you could argue that he wasn't the best player on his team. Parker & Robinson both had huge parts in getting those rings. BTW did anyone see how bent out of shape Bill Russell got about LBJ's Rushmore comments? Hey Russell, give it a rest. We all know you have the most rings, still doesn't make you top 10 all time.
Old    Darrel F (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-20-2014, 4:01 PM Reply   
^^^Ha,LOL, its etched in stone... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DWNEC5NFxg
Old    Darren Lamont (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-20-2014, 4:28 PM Reply   
^^Great find. Don't get me wrong I love Bill Russell, but the guy won all those rings on teams with 3-4 HOFers at least. He never averaged over 20pts a game and was a terrible shooter. Great rebounder and defender, but so was Rodman.
Also, I love that he's bringing up his "High School Championships". Glory days much?
Old    Darrel F (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-07-2014, 1:49 PM Reply   
50 pnt loss to the Clippers, now that is a new Laker low! Heads will roll, not today but they will roll. Coincidentally, Knicks announce they have offered a job to Phil Jackson. That oughta put a little pressure on JBuss.
Old    E.J. (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-07-2014, 2:41 PM Reply   
I don't think there is any way Phil Jackson takes the Knicks job....

Rough road trip for the Jazz...
Old    Darrel F (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-10-2014, 10:47 AM Reply   
Agree, I dont think he will go to the Knicks.
Lakers get over on OKC, go figure. Thunder haveing issues reaclimating to Westbrook. 3 and 5 since his return. If they cant get back on track...someone is going to be available.
Old    Mitch (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-10-2014, 11:26 PM Reply   
Wow the west is tough this year. The Warriors are doing great but can let up at all if they want to make it to the playoffs. I would love to see them pass the clippers, but based on schedules, I dont see that happening. Right now they would play the Rockets in a series and I think that is doable.

Ive been so surprised by the East recently. The Bulls and Nets wont quit. Everyone thought they were done, but they are doing big things. Especially the Bulls. The East might actually have some interesting playoff games.
Old    Darren Lamont (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       03-11-2014, 9:30 AM Reply   
If the playoffs started today the West match ups would be awesome! Rockets/Warriors & Clips/Blazers would be great to watch.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/matchups
Old    Darrel F (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-11-2014, 9:57 AM Reply   
Re Jackson: Sources say it's happening.
Clippers are good and added depth in big baby davis and Hedo Turkoglu. The 4-5 matchup is always tough.
Old    E.J. (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-11-2014, 10:19 AM Reply   
Jackson in the front office(GM/President?)....hummm.....and a part-time at that, how do you have a part time gig and not commit 100% to being in NY? I have no idea what the Knicks are thinking....then again, this is sort of status quo for them, right?

I feel like I am missing something here....I have to be, right?

I'll believe this when I see a press conference... Maybe Dolan will bring back Isiah as Phil's right hand man...
Old    Darrel F (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-12-2014, 4:01 PM Reply   
$15M, part time, zero front office experience, Not a bad gig. Typical Knicks/Dolan disaster.
If i was 69 yr old Phil Jackson id continue sitting on my chair with toes in the sand at the beach in lieu of going to NY and risking that legacy.

Clippers and Warriors go to battle tonight. Should be a good one!

Last edited by 95sn; 03-12-2014 at 4:06 PM. Reason: Clips!