Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    Will (TheWakeGi)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-07-2013, 2:41 PM Reply   
Do you remember Pavati, the company that stirred up a lot of buzz a couple of years ago with their all-aluminum wake boat? Well, they just released a sneak peak on their Facebook page of their 2014 production model.

The boat's going to be debuting at Surf Expo 2013 in Orlando next month!
Old    Jeremy Byrom (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-07-2013, 8:27 PM Reply   
gota love surf expo time... except that it signals the end of the season is nigh... depending on your location
Old    Will (TheWakeGi)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-14-2013, 4:12 PM Reply   
Here's a couple more sneak peaks of the 2014 model, it's called the AX-24.

It's on their fb page with a few others too: https://www.facebook.com/PavatiWakeboardingBoats
Old    Timmy! (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-14-2013, 4:30 PM Reply   
The construction of that boat is top notch.
Old    Josh Bachmeier (jbach)      Join Date: Sep 2012       08-15-2013, 9:04 AM Reply   
oh that's cool, i always liked obscure table utensils. they never really get a fair shot
Attached Images

Old    Adam R (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-15-2013, 9:23 AM Reply   
That center fork needs to go, but based on the conversation I had with one of their people about a year ago they can make just about any change above the waterline that you want. Cool to see some outside of the box ideas in the industry.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-15-2013, 10:55 AM Reply   
I think the new X Star has some competition for "worst picklefork" now.
Old    Ben Holloway (BenHolloway)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-05-2013, 3:32 PM Reply   
where are the finished shots, Expo is today right?
Old    RB (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-05-2013, 5:52 PM Reply   
That bow looks like it could kill someone. That is a sharp bow!
Old    Jeremy Byrom (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-05-2013, 10:16 PM Reply   
someone mentioned the surfexpo site and the booklet that gives some teasers on the 2014 gear thread. for pavati it mentions the 2014 boats being equipped with a new and patented ballast system. hmm
http://www.surfexpo.com/digitalMag/S13m3d/
Old    Matt (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-06-2013, 9:02 AM Reply   
Where are they building those boat out of? Looks like a car dealerships service shop.
Old    Goride (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-06-2013, 11:07 AM Reply   
I like the idea behind the pavati boats. Hopefully I can make it out to the polar bear ride with wake 9 and see one of these
Old    Nate (NATE1979)      Join Date: Aug 2013       09-06-2013, 11:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce_bronkite View Post
Where are they building those boat out of? Looks like a car dealerships service shop.
They have it outside of a paint booth in the pictures.

This will be a huge drawback for these boats. Once you scratch the automotive paint, you either use touchup, or get it repainted.

I like gelcoat. A scratch takes a few minutes to repair with a repair kit.

A little sand/buff and you are good as new.
Old    Tim (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-23-2013, 11:52 AM Reply   
I would love to see them make a traditional bow and smoothing out the lines. I look forward to watching the progression and refinement of their tow boat offerings.
Old    Andy Nintzel (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-24-2013, 7:10 AM Reply   
I would like to ride behind on. I dont really care what a boat looks like at all, what it's lines are, how its bow looks, if its painted or gel coat. The only thing that matters to me is what the wake is like and how it pulls. To be honest I dont even really like hanging out in my X-Star for a day on the lake. I would rather take out a pontoon for chilling, my boat is a working boat, not a party boat, it's only purpose is to drag wakeboarders around.
Old    Surf Addict (Desi) (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       09-24-2013, 9:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRanger View Post
I think the new X Star has some competition for "worst picklefork" now.
It's not a picklefork. Those have 2 prongs. A regular fork has 4 prongs. This is more along the lines of a trident, which btw: would be an awesome name for the boat vs a letter/number combo name.
Old    Will (TheWakeGi)      Join Date: Aug 2013       12-19-2013, 1:40 PM Reply   
Pavati just released their catalog with pics of their 2014 production boat. Check it out... http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/pav...ls-2014-al-24/
Old    Jeremy Byrom (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-19-2013, 4:17 PM Reply   
going green with trash AND recycling bins under the floor... not bad.
surf system looks identical to nautique... seeing as there is/was a lawsuit between nautique and malibu i wonder where this one fits in?

boat colors are kind fitting for Christmas. interesting switch of skulls for the gears on the design. rear seating for putting on the board looks better.

still curious on how deep the bow is. the previous one was pretty shallow seating.

all and all intriguing
Old    Ryan (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-19-2013, 5:04 PM Reply   
Garbage can AND a recycle bin! Game changer!! Haha j/k

The boat looks good. Wish I could see one in person and water test it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old    Darrin (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-19-2013, 8:27 PM Reply   
Good looking boat and features. "Boasting a Wet Sounds Revolution Sound system" in the brochure with Exile's on the towers in the pictures.... That's a Good one.
Old    Hate2party (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       12-20-2013, 8:50 AM Reply   
Im gonna go out on a limb here, who has driven one and rode behind one, better yet who has bought one? My guess is zero sales but I could be wrong, please correct me.
Old    Ben Holloway (BenHolloway)      Join Date: Aug 2012       12-20-2013, 9:01 AM Reply   
rode behind the prototype, sick boat with endless configurations. Chuck was taking notes on what everyone liked and didn't like and it looks like the changes made it into this model....
Old    Will (TheWakeGi)      Join Date: Aug 2013       12-20-2013, 11:00 AM Reply   
They've been in R&D for 5 years, the 2014 model is their first production boat so yeah they haven't sold any retail yet. The company that started Pavati has been funding the R&D all this time, so they've been able to get lots of feedback and refine it before they ever went to the market. The unveiling of their production model is supposed to be at the Salt Lake City show in Feb.
Old    Adam R (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-20-2013, 11:13 AM Reply   
I called them a couple years ago and the guy I talked to implied that they had a few already sold and in process of construction.

The boat is growing on me though, I like the texture of the tread plate on the bow. Kinda funky but I dig it!
Old     (thedude)      Join Date: Jul 2010       12-22-2013, 6:58 PM Reply   
Looking at the above link, the engine options are awesome. LS3, LS7 and the LSA with a diesel option coming soon. 4,000 lbs of ballast, NSS-like system and a diesel option all at a "relatively" reasonable price? Definitely subscribed.
Old    Brian Stroup (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-22-2013, 7:43 PM Reply   
Who's gonna be the first to start the next thread complaining about length and wake enhancing device bans?
Old    Jeremiah Long (machloosy)      Join Date: Mar 2013       12-23-2013, 1:28 PM Reply   
Diesel???? If they can figure out the exhaust so the riders aren't dealing with fumes, they're going to have a wicked product. I already like it as is. I think with a diesel it'll face a lot of naysayers, but will push them into the spotlight in a positive way
Old    Bill Montanye (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-31-2013, 6:37 AM Reply   
IM like andy If it throws a huge clean wake without filling any extra bags than its worth looking at, bonus for the tech and green upgrades.. however whats the projected retail tag on this B? that's is even more important
Old    Boarder 42 (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       12-31-2013, 7:32 AM Reply   
someone over at the crew said around 150k for a well equiped 24' boat and trailer. I talked with them a year a go and since my boat has a 21 length limit it was around 65k out the door for a 21' with a trailer
Old    Andy Nintzel (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-02-2014, 8:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhartt3 View Post
someone over at the crew said around 150k for a well equiped 24' boat and trailer. I talked with them a year a go and since my boat has a 21 length limit it was around 65k out the door for a 21' with a trailer
YIKES! I was hoping that this thing was finally the Honda Accord/Toyota Camery of wakeboats. Don't get me wrong I love my X-Star but the simple fact that you have to pay $90k for a wakeboat with a wake good enough to take your riding to the "next level" is only further alienating people from our sport. I would LOVE a company to come out with a wakeboat that is like 35-55K. Tosses a truly good wake to shred behind that is pro quality and size and has everything I need to shred. I think even cheaper would be better. Something stripped down, no digital dash, no fluffy lights, no power raise and lower tower, no zero off perfect pass (I don't believe in perfect pass I have perfect wrist!) Hell, I dont even want vinyl seats or carpet, Vinyl gets sun baked and cracks after 5 years and 1000hrs, carpet just gets stained and dirty eventually. I want just meat and potatoes. Good wake, internal ballast, and some cup holders. Again I love my X-Star and feel truly lucky to ride behind it, but at the end of the day it only has one job, pulling wakeboarders, they can keep all the fluff.

WOW sorry for going off on a tangent!
Old    Boarder 42 (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       01-02-2014, 8:59 AM Reply   
so you just want aluminum seats and floors? or fiberglass?
Old    Tom (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-02-2014, 9:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
YIKES! I was hoping that this thing was finally the Honda Accord/Toyota Camery of wakeboats. Don't get me wrong I love my X-Star but the simple fact that you have to pay $90k for a wakeboat with a wake good enough to take your riding to the "next level" is only further alienating people from our sport. I would LOVE a company to come out with a wakeboat that is like 35-55K. Tosses a truly good wake to shred behind that is pro quality and size and has everything I need to shred. I think even cheaper would be better. Something stripped down, no digital dash, no fluffy lights, no power raise and lower tower, no zero off perfect pass (I don't believe in perfect pass I have perfect wrist!) Hell, I dont even want vinyl seats or carpet, Vinyl gets sun baked and cracks after 5 years and 1000hrs, carpet just gets stained and dirty eventually. I want just meat and potatoes. Good wake, internal ballast, and some cup holders. Again I love my X-Star and feel truly lucky to ride behind it, but at the end of the day it only has one job, pulling wakeboarders, they can keep all the fluff.

WOW sorry for going off on a tangent!
Axis man! You can get A20,T22 and A22 less than 55k depending on options and time of year.