Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (tallen757)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-25-2013, 8:44 PM Reply   
Hello - I'm 6'3'' 215 lb intermediate wake surfer (relatively new). Recently got a Nautique G23 so I'm now able to enjoy wake surfing and progressing fairly rapidly with a big wave.

As far as I can tell, my two best choices might be the shred stixx headband or the triple x slayer pro. I'm interested in wake surfers not skim.

I'm looking for the one that's most likely to allow me to progress so forgiving, fast, can be made to be loose, and doesn't pearl easily. I have a wide stance at 6'3''.

If anyone has ridden both and can provide some feedback, I'd appreciate it.

Currently ride an older 5'3'' Ronix which has been great to learn the basics but ready to move up.

Thanks!
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-26-2013, 4:46 AM Reply   
i know this is not one you mentioned. But have you looked at any Doomswells i would definintly check them out if i where you. Great product and great people to work with.
www.doomswell.com

Call brock and let him help you on getting set up with a board.

Not trying to shuv them down your mouth. But just check them out if you want
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-26-2013, 10:28 AM Reply   
I am a big fan of the Headband. They can generate a lot of drive for airs and they are one of the best boards to carve and bottom turn because they are not flat like most wakesurf boards. I would not recommend it if you want to just stand and cruise though.

The slayer is a good board, but it has a really flat rocker so its not great for bottom turning and hard snaps.
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-26-2013, 12:01 PM Reply   
Trevor, at your height you might want to also consider a Ringer XL (either bamboo or custom).
http://shredstixxusa.com/wakesurfers/ringer-xl

I additionally have a couple team pros in the 4'11" length which are good for your height and weight.

Send me a personal message and I can hook you up, with a Headband, stock custom or make a custom board for you.

Nick
Old     (tallen757)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-26-2013, 2:53 PM Reply   
Thank you very much everyone for your comments. Mitch, that's very helpful. Nick, I just left you a voicemail. Happy new year!