Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (snyderaaron)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-05-2013, 5:16 PM Reply   
Has anyone heard about this new board? Any thoughts on it, suppose to have a different design for riding? Or is that just a gimic for me to buy
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       12-05-2013, 6:30 PM Reply   
Guy on Facebook that has it told me that it has really consistent pop, super fast, the softest landings in the flats that he has ever ridden. I was a video where Parks said that you could pop off the wake with even weight vs being back foot heavy. I think I might give one a demo next spring when I dunk the boat back in the drink.
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       12-05-2013, 7:49 PM Reply   
For everyone curious about Camber, I can give you my .02..

I have ridden both the Parks and the Bandwagon behind the boat, and the bandwagon at the park.

First things first, Camber is very different. It may not be for everyone, while others will benefit from it.

These boards are not fast, (compared to Code 22, Viva, William, Etc) but if you want a very fast board, just get one of those. I found that riders looking for a board that is going to boost them into the flats are not going to be raving about the camber, but for riders that are doing more wake to wake stuff, (myself) will benefit most from Camber.

After riding both the Parks and the Bandwagon, the first few sets are very weird. I have a very big snowboard background, and a decent surfing background, and I found you tend to ride the camber boards more like snowboards or surfboards, driving with your front foot.
You can really feel the whole edge of the board, and develop a better control/progressive edge when coming into the wake. They are overall more forgiving, and very "fun" to ride.

Landings are one thing that really stood out for me. The landings were not only soft, but very stable. many tricks that I normally would have butt checked on, or fallen on I rode away from.

Overall, if your looking for a board to do raleys on don't go camber. If you want to have some fun, not kill your knees, and really dial in your wake to wake stuff, give it a try.

At the park I had a blast on the bandwagon. I normally ride a Bill board or Von Videl. The bandwagon flexes a bit, (similar to a phoenix) and takes a little getting use too. however its very controllable, and lands awesome. If you you are a phoenix fan, you will probably like this board.

I hope my opinion helped, but again, its just my opinion!
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-05-2013, 9:55 PM Reply   
I have been very curious about these boards too, Thanks for the feedback Travis.
Old     (WakeWell)      Join Date: Sep 2013       12-10-2013, 6:40 AM Reply   
iWake just posted a video of Erik Ruck riding the Bandwagon Camber. http://bit.ly/18zwc2l
Old     (bizzuck)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-11-2013, 5:51 AM Reply   
Who came out with Camber first? Ronix or CTRL?
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-11-2013, 6:03 PM Reply   
would like to ride one and see how it compares to a flex board
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       12-11-2013, 7:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainrinse View Post
would like to ride one and see how it compares to a flex board
Same here.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       12-11-2013, 8:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzuck View Post
Who came out with Camber first? Ronix or CTRL?
Ronix has the patent/rights for it from what I understand.
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-04-2014, 5:21 PM Reply   
Has anyone ridden the Parks camber board yet?
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       01-10-2014, 2:02 PM Reply   
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       01-10-2014, 2:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevev210 View Post
Has anyone ridden the Parks camber board yet?
I was able to get on it in August. it was hard for me to get used to. I liked how it popped. I am not a good enough rider to totally change my stance so that I am centered when coming off of the wake. I was still really back leg heavy. When I compare it to last year's parks it feels less aggressive from edge to edge but noticeably faster.

I think I will stick to the one board this season but I do want to rock a band wagon as a fun board. It was really fun to press the board out. The experience was like jumping on the Hyperlite Roam in 2006 and being able to have a new experience on a wakeboard.
Old     (robholihan)      Join Date: Mar 2011       01-12-2014, 8:43 PM Reply   
What's up guys. I'll jump in the ring too on this one!

I just started riding the board a few months ago at the cable. The first lap I did on it I was ready to hang it up and go back to old faithful. However, the more and more I rode the board, the more it made sense to me (easier experienced than explained). When riding it at the cable there are three spots where the board can sit on the rail; middle, tip, and tail. After riding the board I started to figure out where these spots were, and (with the large amount of surface area in each) was able to lock into presses right away. The flex pattern on the board is on point as well, I hate riding boards that feel like a pool noodles and cinder blocks (flimsy and stiff) but this board brings both of those to the table.

On boat it was much of the same feeling as it was on cable, wasn't too about it at first and then it really started to grow on me. The more I rode it the more I could feel exactly where the water was breaking the surface on the board, which allowed me to position myself perfectly for any trick. This board it unlike any other behind the boat, it is one of the easiest boards to ride. Even with miinimal edge you can generate maximum pop, all thanks to camber

My advice to anyone giving it a go at first: if you don't like it first, try it again. It really is like riding a wakeboard for the first time again... In a completely awesome way
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-14-2014, 1:03 PM Reply   
giving it a few sets to figure it out sounds like the common thought on trying flex for the first time.... makes sense though with the fact of how different the boards are and must be.
Old     (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       02-03-2014, 9:36 AM Reply   
Anyone else tried these? Really thinking about trying the Bandwagon Air Core or maybe waiting and checking out the CTRL Imperial...
Old     (Caliguy8070)      Join Date: Nov 2013       02-12-2014, 9:52 AM Reply   
Yea i was wondering also how these boards are. im considering the 2014 modello or if the money is worth it, the 2014 parks air core
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-12-2014, 5:25 PM Reply   
Rented the bandwagon at ski rixen the other day. Hard to tell how it rides since I wasn't hitting a wake but you definitely could tell there was a difference. The board snapped more off the water on ollies and you could definitely ride front foot heavy as the board has a funny/wider shape.
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-12-2014, 7:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliguy8070 View Post
Yea i was wondering also how these boards are. im considering the 2014 modello or if the money is worth it, the 2014 parks air core
I have the modello and love it. Very snappy off the wake. Found myself riding front foot heavy a few times. Ollies are night and day difference. Felt faster and more straight up pop than my 2012 parks modello I've been on the last 2 yrs.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Old     (Caliguy8070)      Join Date: Nov 2013       03-12-2014, 12:49 PM Reply   
Well just got back from a business trip and came home to a camber air core board that my wife bought. I guess I'll see how it is for myself!! Can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-12-2014, 4:04 PM Reply   
thats a cool wife^
Old     (BWalt)      Join Date: Nov 2010       03-21-2014, 2:04 PM Reply   
Can someone explain to me the differences between the bandwagon and the parks? How will the bandwagon ride differently behind the boat and cable compared to the parks camber board?
Old     (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-21-2014, 3:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWalt View Post
Can someone explain to me the differences between the bandwagon and the parks? How will the bandwagon ride differently behind the boat and cable compared to the parks camber board?
I myself have only ridden the Bandwagon so far...but here's a link to a recent 'Goods' on Alliance Wake where Robby Holihan talks about his experience on both of them. Not a ton there, but from what I've heard (had someone on my boat last weekend who has experience on both as well) it is spot on. The Bandwagon really does have a mellow, free ride feel and is super forgiving and laid back. The Parks is more aggressive and responsive, with more intense pop.

Either way you go, camber is just ridiculous and I really love the way it rides.

http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/goo...robby-holihan/
Old     (BWalt)      Join Date: Nov 2010       03-21-2014, 4:17 PM Reply   
Thanks for that! I have heard so many people saying they love camber, and others saying they hated it. I guess I will have to get out on either one of them to see for myself
Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       07-22-2014, 5:55 PM Reply   
What about the Bandwagon sizes?
They sell as small, standard and XL? does anyone know what lengths they are?

Anyone else wanna share a review of this board?
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       07-22-2014, 9:37 PM Reply   
I ride the Parks behind boat and it is very different on the water. It has a ton of vertical pop and hold edges crazy well. The landings are also super soft. The only downside is it is kinda slow on the water.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       07-23-2014, 5:42 PM Reply   
Bandwagon sizes are all strange, they're not cut and dry cm lengths, but as a rule of thumb the SM is like 135-138, STD is 139-142 and XL is 143-146. I have a Bandwagon ATR and love it. It takes a lot of getting used to, but is a very smooth riding board with a rather mellow release.
Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       07-24-2014, 6:33 AM Reply   
I wonder if its true how people claim they ride more balanced if this balance feel would make riding switch a little more "comfortable" or lessen the learning curve?
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-24-2014, 8:07 AM Reply   
I'm interested in these boards - the local shop guys are all raving about them, but seems damn near impossible to find one to demo.

I think I'd be more interested in the Bandwagon - as Parks boards are rarely 'user friendly'... unless this one is a major departure.
Old     (mtownrydr)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-24-2014, 10:25 AM Reply   
I rode the bandwagon...agree on consistent pop and I think the soft landings attribute to how wide the board is. The thing I did not like is that it was fairly slow and almost felt like you had to work harder to edge on it. It did feel very different from anything I had ever ridden.
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-25-2014, 9:13 AM Reply   
Interesting on the bandwagon.. maybe I will check out the Parks. I ride a LF Lyman now, which is pretty fast.
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-28-2014, 12:03 PM Reply   
So after you guys have had a year on the camber line what are your thoughts. I am really considering jumping on board but as an intermediate rider (currently on a 10 Watson hybrid) I am looking for something different to ride. I only ride boat.
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       08-28-2014, 12:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark197 View Post
So after you guys have had a year on the camber line what are your thoughts. I am really considering jumping on board but as an intermediate rider (currently on a 10 Watson hybrid) I am looking for something different to ride. I only ride boat.
Well riding it will definitely be different! But in all seriousness pick one up and have fun. Its a amazing board the only downside is it is a little slow. Everything else is aweseome
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-29-2014, 6:43 AM Reply   
I couldn't find a bandwagon to demo - only a Parks.. so I just pulled the trigger on a bandwagon air core. Should be here today/tomorrow.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-29-2014, 7:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggator View Post
I couldn't find a bandwagon to demo - only a Parks.. so I just pulled the trigger on a bandwagon air core. Should be here today/tomorrow.
let us know how it goes. Damn when did wakeboards cost $500!!!
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-29-2014, 8:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampawake View Post
let us know how it goes. Damn when did wakeboards cost $500!!!
Was almost $600 originally.. got a blem for closer to 400.
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-29-2014, 9:11 AM Reply   
Well I said screw it and couldn't find one locally to demo so I ordered a 2014 Parks Modello Camber. I'll write something up once I get a chance to ride it.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-30-2014, 9:41 AM Reply   
Dang it now I got the camber itch!!! I rode with a guy last week that had the non air core version and he loved it. Described it just like the parks review. Kicker was he was coming from my board(SS Hooke) which he loved and thought this new camber board was even better! More pop, softer landings and way more consistent!
Old     (GoneBoatN)      Join Date: Jun 2014       08-30-2014, 9:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
I just got the Parks Air Core a couple of weeks back. So far I have about 10 runs on the board. Because of the size (large) of the center section and a beveled edge you can ride more center weight without fear of catching an edge - I'm still getting use to this. Every time I shift my weight a little more forward my mind thinks "crap I'm about to catch an edge" while the board rides that way just fine. I like a loose board while "playing" on the water but I like a board that bites in when I'm edging going for the W2W jumps. Because it has that abrupt rocker line and huge flat center area, when you are cruising on the water more even weighed the fins are out of the water and the board is loose. When you lean back to start your edge the tip/tale edges have a bit of a hook (curved downward edge) plus the smaller area of the tail/tip causes the board to dig in - the result is that it really tracks when you lean back and put it on edge = just what I look for when going at the wake. The board comes with 1.0 fins installed and 0.62 in a bag. Ditch the 1.0 fins and ride with the 0.62 as that is more than enough fin with this board. My first two rides were ho-hum because I was riding with the 1.0 fins. This is my new defacto boat board after having the old watson classic and a newer Harley. I liked the Harley because it was fast (I can land in the flats with that board) but I could never make it carve through the top of the wake (yes, my crappy skills), hence less pop on my jumps. The Harley was fun because it had that slightly loose feeling but god forget you got over the leading edge too much doing a surface 180... To me the Parks Air Core is the best of all worlds. Oh, I have the Ronix Pheonix (not the S) board for cable and they will have to pry that board out of my cold dead hands...

Last edited by GoneBoatN; 08-30-2014 at 9:13 PM.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-31-2014, 7:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneBoatN View Post
I just got the Parks Air Core a couple of weeks back. So far I have about 10 runs on the board. Because of the size (large) of the center section and a beveled edge you can ride more center weight without fear of catching an edge - I'm still getting use to this. Every time I shift my weight a little more forward my mind thinks "crap I'm about to catch an edge" while the board rides that way just fine. I like a loose board while "playing" on the water but I like a board that bites in when I'm edging going for the W2W jumps. Because it has that abrupt rocker line and huge flat center area, when you are cruising on the water more even weighed the fins are out of the water and the board is loose. When you lean back to start your edge the tip/tale edges have a bit of a hook (curved downward edge) plus the smaller area of the tail/tip causes the board to dig in - the result is that it really tracks when you lean back and put it on edge = just what I look for when going at the wake. The board comes with 1.0 fins installed and 0.62 in a bag. Ditch the 1.0 fins and ride with the 0.62 as that is more than enough fin with this board. My first two rides were ho-hum because I was riding with the 1.0 fins. This is my new defacto boat board after having the old watson classic and a newer Harley. I liked the Harley because it was fast (I can land in the flats with that board) but I could never make it carve through the top of the wake (yes, my crappy skills), hence less pop on my jumps. The Harley was fun because it had that slightly loose feeling but god forget you got over the leading edge too much doing a surface 180... To me the Parks Air Core is the best of all worlds. Oh, I have the Ronix Pheonix (not the S) board for cable and they will have to pry that board out of my cold dead hands...
What are your thoughts on the Ronix Phoenix S for a cable board? I am considering purchasing one for my son for a birthday gift. He is 11 years old, intermediate rider, and has never had a true cable board before. He tested the Hyperlite Franchise FLX on a demo and really enjoyed it, this is also another option I am looking at for him. I do like Ronix boards but want to make sure I get him something he really will enjoy. Wondering how the Ronix Phoenix S would compare to the Hyperlite Franchise FLX.
Old     (GoneBoatN)      Join Date: Jun 2014       08-31-2014, 8:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fman View Post
What are your thoughts on the Ronix Phoenix S for a cable board? I am considering purchasing one for my son for a birthday gift. He is 11 years old, intermediate rider, and has never had a true cable board before. He tested the Hyperlite Franchise FLX on a demo and really enjoyed it, this is also another option I am looking at for him. I do like Ronix boards but want to make sure I get him something he really will enjoy. Wondering how the Ronix Phoenix S would compare to the Hyperlite Franchise FLX.
My Son has the Pheonix Project S while I have the earlier Pheonix Project (nn S). I tried my son's S version once - The S version has a Scratch-Off Base on top of the sintered base. The board rides nice enough (edging) but I found the base to be quite sticky when riding on top of the boxes and wider rails. That made me not care for that board. If it were my board I would get rid of that Scratch-off base one way or another. Now my Pheonix Project (non S) feels like it's sliding across butter making spins and other things easier to do on top of the boxes. My non-S takes a bit more effort to make it edge through turns (I still have not figured out why that is different between the boards since they are the same basic shape although my son's is slightly smaller and that may be the reason). Both boards have relatively soft landings considering their smaller shape/profile.

I can't speak for the Franchise FLX as I have not rode one. That board has much more surface area so I would expect the landings to be a bit softer.

If your son is going to be into things like nose presses and such (more skateboard like riding) then I suggest you look more to something like Slingshot which has quite a bit more flex.

If you have a cable park nearby take find out when they have demo days although for this season they have most likely gone by.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-05-2014, 7:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Well I said screw it and couldn't find one locally to demo so I ordered a 2014 Parks Modello Camber. I'll write something up once I get a chance to ride it.
Any word on the Camber???
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-05-2014, 12:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampawake View Post
Any word on the Camber???
Mine came in yesterday.. will hopefully get some time on it this weekend. Will post results.
Old     (bousset)      Join Date: Sep 2014       09-07-2014, 6:41 AM Reply   
Hi !
I think to buy a bandwagon but I don't know what size I should get. I'm tall and light : between 65-67 kg & 1m88. If I look the size chart of Ronix, I should take the Small. Moreover I saw some info explaining that you can ride a shorter bandwagon as it is larger and more stable. But I also understood that it is possible to ride a longer bandwagon, because it will be stable on the water, and playfull on the modules, as the central surface will be the same than a classic cable board. Well I'm confused and dont know what to get.
I don't have for now my own board, and I rent every time some basics wakeboard. I also used to go on boats with a Ronix Phoenix 142 of my friend. I love the phoenix behavior, control and feeling. It is just a bit heavy for me while doing some tricks such 360 or backflip cause I dont have a huge physic and I fastly loose my power. I suppose it is due to the 142.
I practice as much with boats than cables.
So you guys who tried it, could you give me some advices about the size ? I hesitate between small and standard.
I also think (hope) to become heavier in the next years (need to practice sport) but it's not sure, there is years that I eat and try to get weight, it doesnt work
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-07-2014, 10:31 AM Reply   
First ride report:

Ronix Bandwagon - STD. I got the air core version.. it's FREAKISHLY light. It's obvious even looking at it that the shape is a whole different thing.. and it is.

It comes with aluminum 1" fins and another set of .8" fins in a bag. I rode it with the 1" for starters - will DEFINITELY be trying the .8's next.

With the 1" fins on it, it was pretty locked in - hard to slide around on the water, but really stable on landings. I'm coming from a LF Lyman, so I'm used to a pretty slippery board - will put the .8's on and see if I like that better (I expect to).

It is definitely a different feeling board. It's much slower than the Lyman, but I was already told by a pro that I should move to a less aggressive board anyway - so that should be good. I came up a hair short on the first few jumps, but adjusted quickly. As earlier reported, you want to drive this with much more front foot weight - you pretty much can't bury the nose of this board. It definitely seems to offer a nice, consistent pop.

Landings are SOFT.. even compared to the Lyman (which already lands softly) - this is really nice. Flats? Trough? Soft.

It'll take some adjustment, but I think this is a keeper.
Old     (bousset)      Join Date: Sep 2014       09-07-2014, 1:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
First ride report:

Ronix Bandwagon - STD. I got the air core version.. it's FREAKISHLY light. It's obvious even looking at it that the shape is a whole different thing.. and it is.

It comes with aluminum 1" fins and another set of .8" fins in a bag. I rode it with the 1" for starters - will DEFINITELY be trying the .8's next.

With the 1" fins on it, it was pretty locked in - hard to slide around on the water, but really stable on landings. I'm coming from a LF Lyman, so I'm used to a pretty slippery board - will put the .8's on and see if I like that better (I expect to).

It is definitely a different feeling board. It's much slower than the Lyman, but I was already told by a pro that I should move to a less aggressive board anyway - so that should be good. I came up a hair short on the first few jumps, but adjusted quickly. As earlier reported, you want to drive this with much more front foot weight - you pretty much can't bury the nose of this board. It definitely seems to offer a nice, consistent pop.

Landings are SOFT.. even compared to the Lyman (which already lands softly) - this is really nice. Flats? Trough? Soft.

It'll take some adjustment, but I think this is a keeper.
It sounds good ! So I could probably go with the STD that I've seen to be about 141, because if it's light as you told that should be perfect ! I'm coming from snowboard and skateboard, and the fact to drive this more on front would be appreciable too ! I definitely can't wait to test it
If someone else can speak about this board or give some advices for sizes, I take ! Thanks
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       09-07-2014, 4:33 PM Reply   
Bousset: being tall and light, you could go either way size wise, but based on your weight I would say go with the SM becuase you split time between boat and cable, I you'll ATR core as it flexes as compared to the stiffer and lighter air core. I ride the ATR 50/50 cable and boat and love it. As stated above, it lands super soft and has a really consistent pop once you get used to it. Yes, it is slow. Probably slower than most, if not all boards you've ridden. Ride with the smaller fins behind the boat and it loosens up nicely.
Old     (bousset)      Join Date: Sep 2014       09-08-2014, 12:28 PM Reply   
@jordan, thank you for your advice! Effectively the ATR would be the best choice for me, and for sizes I still be hesitating but as you say the small can be good too. Will think a bit again
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-10-2014, 10:46 AM Reply   
Well got mine in and rode that bad boy on Sunday! Wow is it different than my Hooke! All I'll say now is it's gonna take more than 2 sets for me to form my opinion.

So far I really like how it hooks up and edges. Landings super super plush also. What I'm having trouble with is it seems that I'm pulling an anchor behind me! This board drags so much harder through the water than what I'm used to. I think it's got to do with the camber for sure. I've read that people say u need to ride more front foot which I concentrated more on my second set doing and it felt alittle easier pulling. More to come.
Old     (miljack)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-11-2014, 5:48 AM Reply   
Bump for more reviews!
Why do you guys think this board lands so well/softly? Combination of shape and core, or?
Also, those who have taken the plunge, would you mind sharing your old board setup/size, and what you are using for the Camber setups?
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-11-2014, 6:41 AM Reply   
I think it's the fact that it's a really wide board.. and because of the camber - there's two points of contact when you land.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-11-2014, 9:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by miljack View Post
Bump for more reviews!

Why do you guys think this board lands so well/softly? Combination of shape and core, or?

Also, those who have taken the plunge, would you mind sharing your old board setup/size, and what you are using for the Camber setups?

I'm coming from a 146 sling shot Hooke which is actually slightly wider and when I stood the 2 side by side was same length as my 144 parks board.

So even though the SS is wider it didn't land as soft as the parks. I think the core and shape may have more to do with how soft it is. But that also prob makes it drag more in water too.
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-11-2014, 10:34 AM Reply   
Anyone know what the 8:12 on the Bandwagon is supposed to mean?
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       09-11-2014, 12:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Anyone know what the 8:12 on the Bandwagon is supposed to mean?
Long story, but if you look closely at most Ronix gear, you'll see 8:12 show up all over the place. Essentially it's the time of day that the idea for Ronix was conceived.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       09-11-2014, 1:03 PM Reply   
Also to answer the above, I'm coming from Company boards (that I will miss dearly) and before that, I was on the Phoenix Project.

For those of you just getting your boards: It wasn't a matter of sets for me to get used to my Bandwagon, it was a matter of weeks. I had to completely readjust the way I rode, starting with my weight distribution and my edging. Those of you saying the board is slow, it is. But it's not THAT slow. Get your body weight more forward and utilize the entire edge of the board when you're cutting, and it will ride much quicker. Taking off from the wake is a bit different too, I've equated it to more of a flat ground hop rather than a back leg driven ollie. That's just my personal experience on it.
Old     (kevSML)      Join Date: Jun 2014       09-11-2014, 2:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaxymek View Post
Long story, but if you look closely at most Ronix gear, you'll see 8:12 show up all over the place. Essentially it's the time of day that the idea for Ronix was conceived.

I thought 8:12 was the day it was founded...August 12th. I believe it was 2006. Did ronix also declare 8/12 to be the annual "wakeboard day"? I remember seeing that advertised years back
Old     (kevSML)      Join Date: Jun 2014       09-11-2014, 2:12 PM Reply   
Ha! Nvm. They were founded back in December 2005
Old     (miljack)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-12-2014, 4:57 AM Reply   
Ahh, on the Ronix 8:12 thing, maybe an excuse for me to get a new board!

@ Nordic, my "understanding" of landing as it relates to "softness" is, faster landing=better/softer? I've ridden a friend's Harley, and love the pop on that board, BUT, if you land in the flats with, Ouch!
That board just seems to "stop" when landing in the flats...
Old     (southcoaststeve)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-13-2014, 3:03 AM Reply   
I've been riding the parks modello camber board behind the boat this year and have to agree with some other posters that it is quite a change to your riding style to get the most out of the board, I ride with no fins at all, even the 0.612" fins feel too locked in for my taste and find that I need to have a bit of back foot weight to get a strong edge (using the tail channels) and then when I'm at the wake I need to have an evenly weighted push to get maximum pop.
I have not ridden as much boat as I intended to this year and due to that have been struggling to get it dialled in, to the point that I am getting rid of the parks and getting something different for next year, the Parks is a great board and when you get it right, it is really rewarding, but I'm not good enough to get it right every time.
Typically, I made my decision to change and pre-ordered the board I want, then went and had a set with the Parks and everything clicked and I was absolutely boosting, getting really good height and landing well into the flats most of the time!
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-15-2014, 10:08 AM Reply   
Just like jordan said, like hopping on flat ground. Took me 2 sets to realize how to pop off the wake, smoothest straight up pop i have ever ridden! 2 footed even weight jump at the peak of the wake=big smooth boot!!!

Someone asked about switch riding and it does pop easier for me switch because I don't have perfect timing with my switch leg. I am 39 and can land switch 3's
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-20-2014, 6:32 AM Reply   
OK so I've been waiting until a couple pulls on the camber before I posted a review. I've probably got 4 hours on the board and I'm still trying to figure it out. My Watson hybrid was so consistent and easy to ride this is a whole new ball game. I'm not sure if it is my riding but I'm really struggling to get consistent pop. Toe side seems really slow and I'm struggling to go w2w. With that said when I do ride with perfect technique I get booted literally. This board pops and lands so much smother. But I'm still trying to perfect it. With that said I'm struggling but not willing to give up.
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-24-2014, 6:31 AM Reply   
I too came from a watson hybrid. That board was fast and had the least drag of any board I have ridden, I could ride around holding the handle with just my pinkie, I could take long sets with that board. Pop was lacking though, it says 3-stage, but the watson hybrid is far from it! If I rode a g23 wake the board would be fine, but my mellow vlx wake does not boot the continuous rocker boards.

Pop a camber board off the top of the wake like a standing 2 footed jump!!!!! Took me 2 sets to figure that out, but once I did, big smooth pop!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       09-25-2014, 9:05 AM Reply   
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-25-2014, 1:02 PM Reply   
Took a couple more sets with it.. with the smaller fins.

Smaller fins - MUCH looser feel, more like the lyman.. much more fun to ride like that.

This thing is definitely a keeper.. I'm getting more consistent pop with it, and it lands SO soft.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-25-2014, 2:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Took a couple more sets with it.. with the smaller fins.

Smaller fins - MUCH looser feel, more like the lyman.. much more fun to ride like that.

This thing is definitely a keeper.. I'm getting more consistent pop with it, and it lands SO soft.
SS Lyman? How does the landings compare to the SS Lyman?
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-26-2014, 7:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezul View Post
SS Lyman? How does the landings compare to the SS Lyman?
Sorry.. LF Lyman, not Slingshot.
Old     (jakeolsen11)      Join Date: Sep 2014       10-05-2014, 7:48 PM Reply   
I am stuck between the bandwagon and the parks. I am an intermediate rider and can jump wake to wake toeside and heelside and can do 180s on both side and have just started trying back rolls. Should I be looking at the parks aircore/modello or the bandwagon? What are the differences?
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       10-05-2014, 8:03 PM Reply   
Parks is going to be a more aggressively edging board, where I usually equate the Bandwagon to a more of a surfy/soul carvy board. So basically if you want a more responsive board that is a little more finicky (Parks) or a smoother board that is a bit slower (Bandwagon). Air Core vs. Modello vs. ATR is up to you. Air Core in either board is going to be lighter but stiffer, Modello/ATR is going to be a softer board with some more weight.
Old     (jakeolsen11)      Join Date: Sep 2014       10-05-2014, 8:06 PM Reply   
I heard these boards are a bit slower but I am coming from a 2007 hyperlite state. Will the camber be faster than this?
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       10-06-2014, 1:25 AM Reply   
Jake, the Bandwagon is definitely slower. The Parks on the other hand is quicker than the Bandwagon and though I haven't been on a State in forever, I'd venture to guess that the Parks would be as quick as your State.
Old     (jakeolsen11)      Join Date: Sep 2014       10-19-2014, 7:59 PM Reply   
Any more reviews?
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-20-2014, 11:23 AM Reply   
I demoed a bandwagon this year but only had it for a set so I didn't giveit time to adjust coming from a code 22. When I got up I played around in the flats and the board is so fun. Super playful, stable, ollies huge and the landings are the softest. Board feels like it rides high in the water. I have rode many flex boards and boards with pretty soft landings (currently ride a humanoid oracle) couldn't get it to pop right for a while which is expected but when I did it was awesome. these things would probably be worked out in a few rides. As a 32 year old guy with spins and a few inverts I just didn't want to re-learn things. I loved the soft landings but I just didn't want to spend the time to commit to the camber. that being said I think if your patient you could fall in love with it. It just wasn't for me. I'd also recommend the board to a recreational rider just wants a board that is a ton of fun to play around on without having to get super aggressive.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-20-2014, 11:47 AM Reply   
I was really hoping to try to demo one this year and to also hear more feedback about these boards. The Camber is an interesting concept, but it hasn't caught on like I thought it might.

Right now I am trying to decide between a new Parks Camber or the William. I mean I have 6 months till the ice melts up here but it will give me something to think about during winter.
Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       07-20-2015, 7:09 PM Reply   
Anyone else compare the Bandwagon to the Parks camber?
How does forgiving is the parks compared to the bandwagon?
does the parks feel faster/quicker?
Old     (Missing)      Join Date: Mar 2013       08-31-2015, 1:09 PM Reply   
I'm wanting to get some opinions on people that have rode these boards a lot. I'm demoing a 144 parks atr. I rode it for 2 days in a row. I was able to get used to it but I still felt like I was dragging anchor around. That is about the only negative comment had to say about the board. I'm coming for a 142 Phoenix Which I love. I only ride behind the boat & 35 years old. I'm not a pro by any means but I do ride 2-3 days a week.

Just wordering if I should stick it out or move to another board. Really just want to know if anyone has been riding it for a season or 2 and just love it

Last edited by Missing; 08-31-2015 at 1:12 PM.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-31-2015, 2:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missing View Post
I'm wanting to get some opinions on people that have rode these boards a lot. I'm demoing a 144 parks atr. I rode it for 2 days in a row. I was able to get used to it but I still felt like I was dragging anchor around. That is about the only negative comment had to say about the board. I'm coming for a 142 Phoenix Which I love. I only ride behind the boat & 35 years old. I'm not a pro by any means but I do ride 2-3 days a week.

Just wordering if I should stick it out or move to another board. Really just want to know if anyone has been riding it for a season or 2 and just love it
I've been riding the 139 Parks for the past two years and love it. You might think about riding a smaller size? I'm 6'/185lbs for reference. Good luck!
Also, make sure to ride it with the smaller fins. It made a huge difference for me.

Last edited by 83Starsnstripes; 08-31-2015 at 2:23 PM.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-31-2015, 2:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystiikVLX View Post
Anyone else compare the Bandwagon to the Parks camber?
How does forgiving is the parks compared to the bandwagon?
does the parks feel faster/quicker?
Parks is definitely faster. I only ride boat but the Bandwagon is pretty much just wake2wake. I couldn't really get it into the flats like the Parks. If you want something that is smooth/slow go with the Bandwagon, if you want something you can really put on edge go with the Parks.
Old     (Missing)      Join Date: Mar 2013       09-02-2015, 8:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
I've been riding the 139 Parks for the past two years and love it. You might think about riding a smaller size? I'm 6'/185lbs for reference. Good luck!
Also, make sure to ride it with the smaller fins. It made a huge difference for me.
Thanks, Ill give it a few more rides with the smaller fins. Appreciate for your input
Old     (lawmaster891)      Join Date: Oct 2015       10-20-2015, 8:20 PM Reply   
I went from a 2013 ronix william to a 2015 parks camber board in 144. I am 6 foot tall about 170lbs. It is the limited edition gold brad smeele board. I would say I am an intermediate rider, just started working on my first invert. I love how I can put a lot more weight on my front foot. All my friends said I looked a lot more solid on it even my first ride. With this board it is hard to catch an edge as well as very forgiving. Landings are fairly soft though I think my William was a little softer due to the continuous rocker. The pop took a bit to get used to. I had to cut further up the wake and pop later than I am used to coming from the william. Since I dont have the air core version It is noticeably heavier than the william though it doesnt feel heavy while riding. One complaint I have about the board is glide speed. It seems to drag on the water. I saw for 2016 they are coming out with a new camber board called the space blanket that is supposed to have a lot more glide speed so I would love to demo one once they become available.
Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       11-24-2015, 8:51 AM Reply   
I'm curious if the Space Blanket is just a "faster" feeling Bandwagon or "faster" feeling that the Parks camber.
Old     (lawmaster891)      Join Date: Oct 2015       02-01-2016, 10:08 AM Reply   
Well I rode a space blanket demo board yesterday. It was the 137 length but is supposed to have the surface area of a 143. It definitely has a lot more glide speed than the parks board. I ride on the river so I am used to glass water and it was pretty choppy yesterday plus it was my first time back on the water since October so i was pretty rusty. I felt real comfortable on the board though coming from a parks camber board. I noticed this board sends me into the flats a lot easier but that could just be cause im coming in faster with the extra glide speed than I am used to. I may go ahead and pick one of these up it was a fun board. Also, I was on the air core version and its super light.