Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-03-2013, 7:03 AM Reply   
Another seismic event in Seattle.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/03/us/sea...html?hpt=hp_t2
Old    E.J. (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-03-2013, 8:29 AM Reply   
Go Broncos!
Old    Train (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-03-2013, 9:21 AM Reply   
Good grief! I know Drew doesnt like playing in the cold and wet weather, but Christ. Seattle looked effing tough last night. 147 yards passing. By Drew effing Brees!? Yikes.
I think this might actually be the year seattle takes it home. At the very least, they are going to the sb. I dont see anyone beating them at home. The sb itself will all depend on the weather though.
Old    Darren Lamont (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-03-2013, 9:32 AM Reply   
Total domination last night. Holding Brees to his lowest passing total since he was in San Diego. LOB!!!
RW looked like the elite QB last night, everything was working. With that win we are the only team to have clinched a playoff spot and if there is a tie breaker with the 49ers, Carolina, or Saints we will win all of those, but there won't be a tie.

Anyone want to bet me that the Hawks won't win the Superbowl? Anyone? Anyone? I'll take the Hawks you can have the other 31 teams.
Old    Ian Brown (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-03-2013, 10:49 AM Reply   
I'd take that bet at 1-1 odds all day.
Old    Rich (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-03-2013, 11:05 AM Reply   
I'll just leave this here:

3 NFC playoff teams - Saints, Niners, Panthers
Hawks held them to 17 points..... combined.
Old    Chris Dirty (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       12-03-2013, 12:06 PM Reply   
Seahawks fans talking **** never even won a Super Bowl! Wtf?count the niners out and good luck with that.
Old    Darren Lamont (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-03-2013, 12:46 PM Reply   
^^Please read the thread topic and report back.
Also, can any niner fan please come up with a better argument against the Hawks than the Superbowl trump card? We are talking "****" about this year, not 1994. If you want to talk about the Hawks vs 49ers history, I'm glad to. Hawks have won the last two, Hawks currently lead the series 15 - 14, and since joining the NFC West the Hawks have won the division 5 times and the 49ers have won it 3 times.
49ers are one of the greatest NFL franchises ever, can't take that away, but the Hawks are the best team in the NFL RIGHT NOW.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-03-2013, 4:51 PM Reply   
So were the Patriots when they lost to the #6 seed Giants. There's plenty of season left. Play ball!
Old    Darren Lamont (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-03-2013, 5:03 PM Reply   
^^^^Whoa!!! Wait a minute. Robert, are you admitting that the Hawks are the best team in the NFL right now?!?!?! If so, I'm glad you are back on your meds. You have been talking gibberish for a while now.
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-03-2013, 5:21 PM Reply   
We're not the only ones saying it. The entire national media is recognizing the Hawks greatness. You simply cannot deny it.

Hey Darren didn't you win that bet? Oh that's right Lil' Bobby T couldn't put Hus big boy pants on and take the bet. Never willing to back up that cake hole of yours are you Bobby?
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-03-2013, 5:24 PM Reply   
There's a lot of MVP talk surrounding RW. Kinda weird since he's such an inferior QB to Romo yet no one has mentioned his name at all. Guess you were wrong about that too now weren't ya? Yeah you were.
Old    Rich (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-03-2013, 5:45 PM Reply   
Old    GD (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-03-2013, 6:39 PM Reply   
As a 49er fan, I am the furthest thing from a Seahawk and Pete Carrol fan. Never the less, I will admit that I think Russell Wilson is awesome.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-03-2013, 6:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
There's a lot of MVP talk surrounding RW. Kinda weird since he's such an inferior QB to Romo yet no one has mentioned his name at all. Guess you were wrong about that too now weren't ya? Yeah you were.
Romo still leads RW in the passing stats charts.Even with their rushing yards.Romo has more yards and more TD'S. Just the facts.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-03-2013, 7:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
^^^^Whoa!!! Wait a minute. Robert, are you admitting that the Hawks are the best team in the NFL right now?!?!?! If so, I'm glad you are back on your meds. You have been talking gibberish for a while now.
People thought the Patriots were the best team when they were 18-0. But the Giants didn't get the memo,they got the Trophy. Something that has eluded the Seahawks throughout their history.
Old    Jon (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-03-2013, 8:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
People thought the Patriots were the best team when they were 18-0. But the Giants didn't get the memo,they got the Trophy. Something that has eluded the Seahawks throughout their history.
Oh c'mon, cut it out with the Romo crap!!!

Romo has 50% more attempts than Wilson so basically those stats means nothing... despite 50% more attempts he only has 2 more TD's. Romo also has less 20yd and less 40yd completions.

Look at the stats that matter: QB Rating, Yards/Completion, Completion % and Wilson is better than Romo in all of them... as you said, just the facts.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-04-2013, 5:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersonicmi View Post
Oh c'mon, cut it out with the Romo crap!!!

Romo has 50% more attempts than Wilson so basically those stats means nothing... despite 50% more attempts he only has 2 more TD's. Romo also has less 20yd and less 40yd completions.

Look at the stats that matter: QB Rating, Yards/Completion, Completion % and Wilson is better than Romo in all of them... as you said, just the facts.
So your just choosing the facts that matter to you.What is a QB'S job? To throw the ball.Who has thrown it more and completed it more? Romo. As for completion percentage Romo 64.8% to Wilsons 64.9% thats not measurable by a margin worth talking about.Unless you think a tenth of a percent is a big margin.How about completions? Is 83 more completions over 12 games measurable? I'd say yes ,6.92 more completions a game.Yards is the stat that QB's are measured by Romo 3140 to Wilsons 2672. That's 468 more yards and 39 more yards per game.TD's is really both the QB and receiver,but Romo still leads in that stat also 24 to 22.Then lets look at which QB was responsible for the highest % of his teams points.Seattle has scored 340 points this year and the Cowboys have scored 329. Thats 11 less.Remember the kicker scores points and the defense scores points.Hauschka has made 26 0f 27 FG's for a total of 78 of those 340 points.Bailey has made 19 of 21 FG's for 57 of his teams 329 points. The rest of the points were scored by the defense and Rushing TD'S. Romo has passed for 54% of his teams points whereas Wilson has only accounted for 45% of his teams points. So who is more important to their team? Easily Romo is more important to his team.Then take into consideration Seattle is the #3 rushing team with 146.25 yards rushing per game versus Cowboys # 27 ranked rushing for 85.1 yards per game. Then lets look at the pressure to produce points. Seattle has the #1 overall defense allowing only 186 points compared to Dallas who has the #32 overall defense[yes very bottom of the barrel] allowing 303 points. Which QB is under more pressure to produce? Easily Romo with the worst defense in the league and the 27th ranked rushing offense.Please tell me how Wilson has any pressure on him with the #1 overall defense and a 3rd ranked running game?
Old    Rich (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-04-2013, 7:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
What is a QB'S job? To throw the ball.
You think this is all a QB does? This alone proves that you aren't qualified to talk about the subject.
Old    Larry (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       12-04-2013, 8:44 AM Reply   
I don't know why you Seattle fans continue arguing with this fool. It's a lost cause.
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-04-2013, 8:59 AM Reply   
Just cuz its fun and the purpose of the thread. But you're right, arguing with a fool ultimately makes us dumber

Bobby is Romo throwing and catching the balls? You managed to credit the receivers on the TD's but not the rest of the passes. The QB's job is to lead his team yo victory through a varied means not just throwing the ball. Even you know that was an idiotic statement. We all know Romo can throw the ball he just can't do the other things it takes to lead the team to victory.
Old    Larry (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       12-04-2013, 9:15 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=hatepain;1854644]Just cuz its fun and the purpose of the thread. But you're right, arguing with a fool ultimately makes us dumber

Exactly. You're fighting the good fight though.

The Redskins season has been over for weeks so I have no smack to talk. This is what I ponder...if you put RG3 on Seattle's team, would he be as good as RW? RG3 has not progressed this year but most of it might be the horrible team he is on. Skins have small offensive line that can't pass protect, a horrible defense and the worst special teams ever. RG3 gets no support. Maybe he gets over the sophomore slump next year but I'm not so sure.

I am not talking down RW. He has impressed me this year. Crazy the different ways these two teams went after meeting in the playoffs last year. Really bumming me out. Man it's hard to be a Skins fan the last two decades plus.
Old    Darren Lamont (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-04-2013, 10:00 AM Reply   
^^^RG3 needs to take the rest of the year off. Every time I've watched him play, which isn't that much, RG3 looks like he's trying to do too much. He's not as mobile as last year either. It looks like he rushed back and didn't let his knee fully heal.
As for if RG3 was on the Hawks, I'd still want RW. When fully healthy I think RG3 is a better athlete and has a better deep ball, but RW is smarter and plays with better control. Only QB I would consider trading RW for would be Romo, wait never mind I like winning.
Old    Larry (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       12-04-2013, 10:23 AM Reply   
^^^ I hate to say it but I agree. RW plays under control and has more of a football body and appears durable. He gets out of bounds early and doesn't continue to take the hits RG3 does along the sideline. Rg3 is definitely a step slower this year and there is no way his knee is 100%.
Old    Jon (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-04-2013, 10:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
So your just choosing the facts that matter to you.What is a QB'S job? To throw the ball.Who has thrown it more and completed it more? Romo. As for completion percentage Romo 64.8% to Wilsons 64.9% thats not measurable by a margin worth talking about.Unless you think a tenth of a percent is a big margin.How about completions? Is 83 more completions over 12 games measurable? I'd say yes ,6.92 more completions a game.Yards is the stat that QB's are measured by Romo 3140 to Wilsons 2672. That's 468 more yards and 39 more yards per game.TD's is really both the QB and receiver,but Romo still leads in that stat also 24 to 22.Then lets look at which QB was responsible for the highest % of his teams points.Seattle has scored 340 points this year and the Cowboys have scored 329. Thats 11 less.Remember the kicker scores points and the defense scores points.Hauschka has made 26 0f 27 FG's for a total of 78 of those 340 points.Bailey has made 19 of 21 FG's for 57 of his teams 329 points. The rest of the points were scored by the defense and Rushing TD'S. Romo has passed for 54% of his teams points whereas Wilson has only accounted for 45% of his teams points. So who is more important to their team? Easily Romo is more important to his team.Then take into consideration Seattle is the #3 rushing team with 146.25 yards rushing per game versus Cowboys # 27 ranked rushing for 85.1 yards per game. Then lets look at the pressure to produce points. Seattle has the #1 overall defense allowing only 186 points compared to Dallas who has the #32 overall defense[yes very bottom of the barrel] allowing 303 points. Which QB is under more pressure to produce? Easily Romo with the worst defense in the league and the 27th ranked rushing offense.Please tell me how Wilson has any pressure on him with the #1 overall defense and a 3rd ranked running game?
wait a minute, let me get this straight... now your main points are that Romo has more pressure on him and is more important to his team, therefor he is better? Robert under this logic then we should put you on a pee-wee team, it'd be you and a bunch of 5 yr olds, so you'd have all the pressure on you and be the only option...you'd get the ball every play and then we could start campaigning that you are the best football player ever, better than Wilson and Romo because you are soooo important to your team and integral to their success, sound good?
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-04-2013, 10:50 AM Reply   
Around The League Editor Greg Rosenthal

Russell Wilson makes you want to speak in cliches. He makes you want to believe in "clutch" or a player's innate ability to rise to the moment. Or other nonsense like that.

After a relatively slow start to the season, Wilson played his best game of the season in Week 7 on "Thursday Night Football" in Arizona. He topped himself in prime time on Monday against the New Orleans Saints.



Starting with that Cardinals game, Wilson has thrown for 14 touchdowns with two interceptions, averaging a ridiculous 10.35 yards per attempt. He's overcome a leaky offensive line, connecting on a high percentage of passes while also being the most efficient deep-ball thrower in the league. Only the San Francisco 49ers have fewer pass attempts than Seattle, but the Seahawks are aggressive when they do throw.

Wilson's average pass length on completions is 7.74 yards, far higher than Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, Tom Brady and every other quarterback in my top 10 below.

Wilson is not the NFL MVP (Manning is putting together an all-time season). But Wilson already deserves to be mentioned among the best quarterbacks in football. He makes the smart plays and the spectacular plays. He beats the perfectly called blitz and is finishing another season strong. He makes me want to write corny things.
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-04-2013, 10:53 AM Reply   
Peyton Manning lead MVP race

Gil Brandt
NFL Media senior analyst

Breaking down the MVP race
When it comes to picking the NFL MVP, I'm a production guy. Forget a player's reputation or the cachet he carries with him; I want to know what he's done this season.

Though we still have four weeks to go in the 2013 campaign, I thought I'd take an early look at the MVP race. These six players are all playing at a high level and helping their teams win. Some of the names might be surprising, especially when it comes to the order in which they're listed. But I'm not concerned with projecting who will nab the award based on what voters might be thinking; I'm concerned solely with listing the league's most valuable players based on what has transpired over the past 13 weeks.

1) Russell Wilson, QB, Seattle Seahawks
Wilson is amazing, as we're seeing with the phenomenal way he's begun his young career. In his first two seasons, he's thrown 48 touchdown passes (third-most in NFL history, behind only Dan Marino and Peyton Manning) and won 22 games (tied with Ben Roethlisberger for the most), including 14 consecutive home victories. And he's done all that with a receiving corps that includes three undrafted free agents (Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse and Ricardo Lockette) and an offensive line that was without two key pieces (Breno Giacomini and Russell Okung) for a large stretch of the season.

What makes Wilson special is his versatility at quarterback. He can run the option or Wildcat just as easily as he can win in a traditional passing scheme. He's also very smart. When he runs that read option, he's extremely focused; as soon as the defense makes a mistake, he exploits it.

Wilson is still somewhat underrated, thanks in part to his lack of height (5-foot-11) and the fact that he plays in the Pacific Northwest, though his dominant performance in Monday night's 34-7 win over the New Orleans Saints helped correct that a bit. The bottom line is, one day I think we'll talk about him in in the same way we currently talk about guys like Manning, Tom Brady and Drew Brees. He's got that kind of ability.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-04-2013, 5:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersonicmi View Post
wait a minute, let me get this straight... now your main points are that Romo has more pressure on him and is more important to his team, therefor he is better? Robert under this logic then we should put you on a pee-wee team, it'd be you and a bunch of 5 yr olds, so you'd have all the pressure on you and be the only option...you'd get the ball every play and then we could start campaigning that you are the best football player ever, better than Wilson and Romo because you are soooo important to your team and integral to their success, sound good?
Sounds like your an idiot.Romo and Wilson play in the NFL. The NFL has the best football players in the world.How much help they get from the rest of their teams is what i was referring to.When you have the #1 overall defense they create turnovers,TD's and 3 and outs.When you have the 32nd overall defense they allow 1st downs and scoring drives most of the time.When you have the 27th ranked rushing offense you don't have balance and the opposing defense knows your going to throw the ball.Therefore your easier to defense.If Romo or Wilson were on the field by themselves neither would do well at all. They rely on their teammates.Russell has a much better supporting cast making his job easier.If he was what you say he is he would be leading Manning.But he's not even a pimple on Manning's ass right now. Maybe he will develop into one soon. Only time will tell.
Old    Larry (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       12-04-2013, 7:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Sounds like your an idiot.Romo and Wilson play in the NFL. The NFL has the best football players in the world.How much help they get from the rest of their teams is what i was referring to.When you have the #1 overall defense they create turnovers,TD's and 3 and outs.When you have the 32nd overall defense they allow 1st downs and scoring drives most of the time.When you have the 27th ranked rushing offense you don't have balance and the opposing defense knows your going to throw the ball.Therefore your easier to defense.If Romo or Wilson were on the field by themselves neither would do well at all. They rely on their teammates.Russell has a much better supporting cast making his job easier.If he was what you say he is he would be leading Manning.But he's not even a pimple on Manning's ass right now. Maybe he will develop into one soon. Only time will tell.
If you are going to correct everyone's spelling and grammar, you better get it correct yourself.... "sounds like YOU'RE an idiot" would be correct and proves you are.
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-04-2013, 9:07 PM Reply   
Hahaha Bobby go back to school son...never mind, Larry just schooled yo azz.

Romo has a better receiving core by leaps and bounds. The reason they have a low running rank is because they're throw happy. Hence the reason Romo has big numbers. If Wilson threw it that much he'd have better numbers than Romo. That is a given since he averages more yards per pass and has a higher completion percentage. He also has a 108 QB rating where as Romo only has a 97.

If we use your one and only measure of a quarterback to guage who's best Romo is the tenth best QB in the land and RW is the 17th best. Does that sound right to you? What's weird is RW is on the tip of everyone's tongue for MVP. I mean top 3 in every writers opinion. It just doesn't add up now does it chief.
Old    Cliff Griffin (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-04-2013, 10:51 PM Reply   
I feel just like a proud papa of this thread these days. Approximately ten years ago when I started the Smack Talking thread it was just me fighting the rightious fight for my beloved Hawks. These days this thread is littered with rabid Pit Bull like Hawk fans and I couldn't be happier. The only thing that would make it better is if the passive aggressive Cali wussy boys who used to beat on the Hawks and myself actually had the nuts to step up and post like they did back in the day. Of course that will never happen but still...

Now and forever...

HAWKS!
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-05-2013, 3:42 AM Reply   
Week 14 picks

THURSDAY @ 8:30

HOU @ JAC- The loser bowl. I'll take the Texans to win.

SUNDAY @ 1:00

IND @ CIN - Bengals at home.
CLE @ NE - Since Jason Campbell is back i'll still take the Patriots at home.
OAK @ NYJ - Raiders on the road.
CAR @ NO - Saints at home.
DET @ PHI - Lions on the road.
BUF @ TB - BUCS at home.
KC @ WAS - Chiefs on the road scalp the foreskins.
MIN @ BAL - Ravens at home.

SUNDAY @ 4:05

TEN @ DEN - Broncos at home.

SUNDAY @ 4:25

STL @ ARI - Cardinals at home.
NYG @ SD - Chargers at home.
SEA @ SF - I was so impressed by the Seahawks i'll take the 49ers at home.Crushing defeat to the Seahawks fans overinflated egos.

SUNDAY NIGHT @ 8:30

ATL @ GB - Since Rodgers isn't starting i'll take the Falcons on the road.

MONDAY NIGHT @ 8:30

DAL @ CHI - Since Sean Lee is back and Cutler isn't i'll take the Cowboys on the road.
Old    Jon (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-05-2013, 9:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Sounds like your an idiot.Romo and Wilson play in the NFL. The NFL has the best football players in the world.How much help they get from the rest of their teams is what i was referring to.When you have the #1 overall defense they create turnovers,TD's and 3 and outs.When you have the 32nd overall defense they allow 1st downs and scoring drives most of the time.When you have the 27th ranked rushing offense you don't have balance and the opposing defense knows your going to throw the ball.Therefore your easier to defense.If Romo or Wilson were on the field by themselves neither would do well at all. They rely on their teammates.Russell has a much better supporting cast making his job easier.If he was what you say he is he would be leading Manning.But he's not even a pimple on Manning's ass right now. Maybe he will develop into one soon. Only time will tell.
You clearly missed the fact I was just making a mockery of your logic by way of slippery slope fallacy. Point is, doesn't matter how important someone is to their team, that is just a relative measurement to how good or bad their team is. Clearly stats show that on a" per attempt basis", Romo has performed no better than Wilson and the stats actually suggest Romo has performed worse, which relates back to your original assertion that Romo is better than Wilson, which you have clearly failed to provide substantial factual basis for and/or sound logic to prove.
Old    Darren Lamont (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-05-2013, 9:45 AM Reply   
Week 14 picks

THURSDAY @ 8:30

HOU @ JAC- Jags get it done at home.
SUNDAY @ 1:00

IND @ CIN - Indy reminds everyone they are a playoff team.
CLE @ NE - Pats in a blowout.
OAK @ NYJ - J.E.T.S. Jets, Jets, Jets
CAR @ NO - Toughest pick of the week but Brees will bounce back. Saints in a close one.
DET @ PHI - Highest scoring game of the week. Bet the over. Foles and Stafford throw for 400 yards each. Megatron TD to win. Lions.
BUF @ TB - Bucs win easy.
KC @ WAS - Sorry Larry. Chiefs win.
MIN @ BAL - Ravens but barely because AP will run for 200+

SUNDAY @ 4:05

TEN @ DEN - Ponies in a blowout. Fitz will turn it over at least 3 times.

SUNDAY @ 4:25

STL @ ARI - Cards by 3.
NYG @ SD - Rivers throws all over the G-Men. Chargers.
SEA @ SF - Hawks win NFC West in a blood bath of a game.

SUNDAY NIGHT @ 8:30

ATL @ GB - Packers win with run game. Falcons are just awful.

MONDAY NIGHT @ 8:30

DAL @ CHI - Da Bears. Cold weather + Romo = disaster

Going to be a good weekend of football.

Cliff, thanks for keeping the thread alive after all these years!!! GO HAWKS!!!
Old    Ian Brown (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-05-2013, 11:23 AM Reply   
Week 14 picks - I'll give this a shot

THURSDAY @ 8:30

HOU @ JAC- Houston wins still high on being able to hang and almost beat the Pats
SUNDAY @ 1:00

IND @ CIN - Cincy.
CLE @ NE - Pats
OAK @ NYJ - The crappy Jets show up and Oakland wins
CAR @ NO - NO comes back pissed after only putting up 7
DET @ PHI - Foles has his worst game - Detroit.
BUF @ TB - Bucs
KC @ WAS - Chiefs of course - can't lose 4 in a row.
MIN @ BAL - Ravens

SUNDAY @ 4:05

TEN @ DEN - Donkeys

SUNDAY @ 4:25

STL @ ARI - St Louis
NYG @ SD - San Diego
SEA @ SF - San Fran pulls one out at home as Seattle gets complacent after smoking NO.

SUNDAY NIGHT @ 8:30

ATL @ GB - Who cares? haha... Packers

MONDAY NIGHT @ 8:30

DAL @ CHI - Chicago is not good.. . Dallas wins.
Old    Rich (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-05-2013, 1:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakereviews View Post
SEA @ SF - San Fran pulls one out at home as Seattle gets complacent after smoking NO
No chance. If they lose, it won't be because Seattle got complacent. A win on Sunday clinches the NFC West for them.

The way things are shaping up right now, I'm predicting a 24-13 Seattle win. And that's only if Frank Gore's foot is okay.
Old    Rich (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-05-2013, 1:56 PM Reply   
Week 14 picks - Why not....

THURSDAY @ 8:30
HOU @ JAC- Houston is the better team.

SUNDAY @ 1:00
IND @ CIN - Both strong teams. shot in the dark... Bengals.
CLE @ NE - Patriots, obviously.
OAK @ NYJ - Jets are terrible. Oakland is terrible-er. Jets win.
CAR @ NO - HUGE game. I want to pick NO at home... I really do. But I think the Panthers are better. Panthers win.
DET @ PHI - Foles perfection isn't sustainable... but the Eagles run game is. Eagles win.
BUF @ TB - Another toss up in my mind. But I'm going with the home team. TB wins.
KC @ WAS - Chiefs, clearly. But seeing them lose this would make me chuckle. Not that I don't like them... but people wanted to crown them too early because of their soft schedule. Anyway, Chefs win.
MIN @ BAL - Ravens win.

SUNDAY @ 4:05
TEN @ DEN - The Denver Mannings take it.

SUNDAY @ 4:25
STL @ ARI - I like St Louis more than the rest of the planet seems to. But I think AZ squeaks it out at home. Cardinals win.
NYG @ SD - Chargers can ball. NY is every bit as bad as we thought they were at 0-6. SD wins.
SEA @ SF - Seattle pressures Kaep all day. Gore gets a few but not enough. Seattle clinches the NFC West in enemy territory.

SUNDAY NIGHT @ 8:30
ATL @ GB - Packers

MONDAY NIGHT @ 8:30
DAL @ CHI - Dallas sends out Tony Romo by himself. He throws, blocks and receives by himself for over 500 yards. All while dressed as a cheerleader. Cowboy wins.

Last edited by digg311; 12-05-2013 at 1:57 PM. Reason: had to make more fun of Romo
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-05-2013, 6:25 PM Reply   
Does Romo hang out with Drake? Does Lebron ask for tickets to Cowboys games?

Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-05-2013, 6:26 PM Reply   
We started at the bottom now we here.
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-05-2013, 7:12 PM Reply   
^^^^This

Meanwhile Romo has taken the number one franchise in the NFL and ran them right into mediocrity or irrelevance. Take your pick.
Old    Train (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-05-2013, 9:51 PM Reply   
Like i said a couple years back. The cowboys shoulda cut romo, and gotten Peyton Manning. What a difference he could been for this team. Romo will never win a sb ring. It pains me to say it, since I used to defend him back in the day. Heck, I was at his first training camp watching him and Bledsoe trade snaps with the first team and I thought then that romo would be the one to lead them back to superiority. His lack of leadership, and his inability to read defenses or scramble properly will have cost the cowboys much more than that ridiculous extension they gave him.
As someone who has been a cowboys fan my entire life (with the exception of the years when JJ signed pacman and tank) it pains me to say that Russell Wilson is superior to tony romo already. His ability to read the defense, scramble effectively and use that as a weapon, his leadership traits, and his cannon puts him ahead of romo. He's smarter than romo, and he's clearly grown in his second year mentally. I'm not betting against seattle this year.

Until JJ steps down as "GM", the cowboys will go nowhere.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-06-2013, 3:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
Like i said a couple years back. The cowboys shoulda cut romo, and gotten Peyton Manning. What a difference he could been for this team. Romo will never win a sb ring. It pains me to say it, since I used to defend him back in the day. Heck, I was at his first training camp watching him and Bledsoe trade snaps with the first team and I thought then that romo would be the one to lead them back to superiority. His lack of leadership, and his inability to read defenses or scramble properly will have cost the cowboys much more than that ridiculous extension they gave him.
As someone who has been a cowboys fan my entire life (with the exception of the years when JJ signed pacman and tank) it pains me to say that Russell Wilson is superior to tony romo already. His ability to read the defense, scramble effectively and use that as a weapon, his leadership traits, and his cannon puts him ahead of romo. He's smarter than romo, and he's clearly grown in his second year mentally. I'm not betting against seattle this year.

Until JJ steps down as "GM", the cowboys will go nowhere.
So you're a fair weather fan. The Cowboy nation doesn't need you. Move on .
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-06-2013, 3:46 AM Reply   
Comparing Russell Wilson to Peyton Manning for MVP is ridiculous .
Manning 68.1% comp. 4124 yards 343 ypg 8.6 ypcomp. 41 TD's 54 20+ comp. 12 40+ comp.
R. Wilson 64.9% comp 2672 yards 222 ypg 8.8 ypcomp 22TD's 41 20+ comp. 9 40+ comp.
Not even close. Besides at least a dozen QB's could have matched or surpassed Wilson's stats and wins in Seattle this year and last year. I'm not saying Wilson doesn't have talent. I'm saying he isn't as good as the dope you're smoking!
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-06-2013, 6:04 AM Reply   
Or everyone else is smoking. I don't think RW Well beat Manning this year unless he has a marked drop off but I said this last year, he will win one in his first five years.

You obviously don't watch Seattle's games because if you did you'd know just how asanine your statement is. There isn't many QB's playing that would have survived the depleted line days of most of this year let alone thrived in them.
Old    Ian Brown (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-06-2013, 9:18 AM Reply   
Well, i'm 0-1 after the first game, maybe i should make this "picking the winners" thing on WW a one time deal.
Old    Train (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-06-2013, 9:51 AM Reply   
Yeah, cuz fair weather fans stick with the same team for 30+ years. I basically didn't watch the cowboys for 2 years after the pacman and tank johnson signings. I didn't give up on them entirely, but I was over the "we can save this criminal" signings.
You need to live in reality Robert. I would love nothing more than to see Romo lift the Lombardi trophy in Eli's house, but that just ain't happening.

Russell is the real deal. Everyone in the nfl knows it, the talking heads know it. It seems as if you're the only one who doesn't.
Old    Rich (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-06-2013, 11:41 AM Reply   
The MVP is pretty much a "best stats" award... and as such, Manning will take it easily. He's maybe the best QB to ever play the game and is maybe having his best season ever. Still though, I'm tired of hearing how he's doing it alone. That team is good. Don't forget, it was pretty much the same squad that won a playoff game with TEBOW at the helm.

If the MVP were TRULY for the Most Valuable Player... It would be a much, much closer race. I don't think there is a single other QB in the league that could have gotten the Seahawks to 11-1 this season. Not with all their injuries. No way. In Russell WeTrust.
Old    GD (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-06-2013, 12:05 PM Reply   
Wilson as the season's MVP. Worth the mention but nothing more. MVP of the superbowl is far more likely. That kid is golden. And, no thug like the rest of them.
Old    Darren Lamont (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-06-2013, 12:27 PM Reply   
1-0 so far. Jags end Kubiaks career.

Looks like SF has a fully healthy team for this Sunday. No excuses this time, but I'm sure they will make some up. Maybe the 12th man will be too loud in Candledump!!!! GO HAWKS!!!!
Old    Jon (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-06-2013, 1:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
Wilson as the season's MVP. Worth the mention but nothing more. MVP of the superbowl is far more likely. That kid is golden. And, no thug like the rest of them.
Agree, on the first few points but you should know that they aren't all thugs, just a few bad apples in the bunch which have pretty much weeded themselves out at this point. Marshawn gets a bad wrap for his looks etc... but met him a few times, he is a real cool dude. Same with Sherman, don't let the smack talking fool you, never met him but know people who have, guy is super smart and a real nice and guy!
Old    GD (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-06-2013, 4:44 PM Reply   
Its interesting that RW had poor showing vs the 49ers in their big win...
Attached Images
 

Last edited by diamonddad; 12-06-2013 at 4:47 PM.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-06-2013, 8:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by digg311 View Post
The MVP is pretty much a "best stats" award... and as such, Manning will take it easily. He's maybe the best QB to ever play the game and is maybe having his best season ever. Still though, I'm tired of hearing how he's doing it alone. That team is good. Don't forget, it was pretty much the same squad that won a playoff game with TEBOW at the helm.

If the MVP were TRULY for the Most Valuable Player... It would be a much, much closer race. I don't think there is a single other QB in the league that could have gotten the Seahawks to 11-1 this season. Not with all their injuries. No way. In Russell WeTrust.
Denver has the 27th ranked Defense and Seattle has the #1 overall defense. Tell me again how much help Manning is getting from the rest of his team.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-06-2013, 8:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
Yeah, cuz fair weather fans stick with the same team for 30+ years. I basically didn't watch the cowboys for 2 years after the pacman and tank johnson signings. I didn't give up on them entirely, but I was over the "we can save this criminal" signings.
You need to live in reality Robert. I would love nothing more than to see Romo lift the Lombardi trophy in Eli's house, but that just ain't happening.

Russell is the real deal. Everyone in the nfl knows it, the talking heads know it. It seems as if you're the only one who doesn't.
So you think Russell Wilson could have caught all the dropped passes.Helped out on defense to get the stops the Cowboys defense couldn't get. Also score more points against the Saints in that debacle. You must be smoking the same dope as the Seattle fans. Teams wins games,if Russell Wilson was all that he would be ranked higher in yardage than 17th. Sure he's having success managing his team,but he's not setting passing records,much less rushing records like all of the smack talkers are saying.
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-06-2013, 11:23 PM Reply   
You live life like its fantasy football. What a joke!
Old    Cliff Griffin (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-07-2013, 5:13 PM Reply   
PIcs for this week.

St Louis @ Arizona - Arizona

Seattle @ San Francisco - Seattle

Because NO is still in the hunt for home field advantage I'll be looking for Carolina to beat a win out them at home.
Old    sperbet            12-07-2013, 5:19 PM Reply   
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-08-2013, 5:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperbet View Post
A broken Vacuum is like a empty trophy case. All you need is a Cowboy to fill it up.
Old    Markj (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-08-2013, 5:26 PM Reply   
At the two minute warning... Hawks are on the ropes......
Old    Markj (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-08-2013, 5:27 PM Reply   
Nail biter.
Old    Markj (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-08-2013, 5:38 PM Reply   
How bout them Hawks? Hahahahahahahahahaha! Enjoy that humble pie!
Old    Markj (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-08-2013, 5:43 PM Reply   
For the record, I did fly up to watch them tear apart The Saints on Monday night. I think they're gonna take the SB but it's nice to see them trimmed down a notch. What I'm really hoping for is for their fans to learn from this exercise in humility. It needed to happen. Too many $hit talkin arrogant fans who don't know how to act while on a winning streak. It's like new money versus old money people.
Old    GD (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-08-2013, 5:47 PM Reply   
Niners over Hawks! Loving it!
Old    E.J. (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-08-2013, 6:15 PM Reply   
Tough game for Peyton, you know cold weather and all...
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-08-2013, 6:17 PM Reply   
MVP Russell "CHOKE" Wilson. He looked much better than Peyton Manning if you're smoking a big joint from Seattle. You could also try the Seahawk Kool Aid it will make you see a awesome MVP. Most Vulnerable Punk! Lol
Old    Rich (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-08-2013, 7:56 PM Reply   
Ugly game. SF treated it like their SB, and had the better day. I hope it is a little humbling to the Hawks. Just like the L to the Colts... should remind them to stay hungry. And thankfully, doesn't change much in their race for the NFC West. (or the NFC for that matter).

Go Hawks.
Old    Train (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-08-2013, 9:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce View Post
Tough game for Peyton, you know cold weather and all...
No kidding, right. Damn.
Niners and hawks will probably be trading games like that for the next few years.
Lots of interesting games happened today.
Old    Cliff Griffin (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-09-2013, 7:28 AM Reply   
Penalties and Gore's break out run at the end of the game cost us. San Fran was playing for their playoff lives and it showed. The difference between the two teams though... Seattle will take this loss to heart , win out and finish the season 14-2 locking down home field advantage. San Fran will more than likely drop at least one more game thus having to crawl up out of the wild card gutter with little hope of making it to the big game.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-09-2013, 7:50 AM Reply   
Dream on Cliff.
Old    Ian Brown (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-09-2013, 8:33 AM Reply   
10-4 on my picks so far, not too bad, but not great.
Old    Cliff (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-09-2013, 8:47 AM Reply   
Is anyone else tired of the refs going easy on New England. that was some B.S. yesterday
Old    Cliff Griffin (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-09-2013, 8:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Dream on Cliff.

My dream would be to see either Dallas or San Fran come into our house for the NFC Championship. Doubtful either one of them will make it that far though.
Old    Darren Lamont (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-09-2013, 9:42 AM Reply   
Great games yesterday. Pats are getting some lucky/questionable breaks right now.

I thought the 49ers were going to give Harbaugh a Gatorade bath yesterday, what a joke. Of course I wanted the Hawks to win but it's nice that the 49ers made this rivalry relevant. I was getting tired of the blowouts.
As for Manning in the cold, uh it's the Titans at home with Fitzpatrick. Tebow could have won that game.
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-09-2013, 10:03 AM Reply   
I pretty much hate any loss but this was an okay one. Miners are good no doubt and it was in their house. We lost by all of 2 points and I'd rather get it out if the way before the playoffs and in the end it has no effect on the ultimate goal.

I will say I'm sick of the tricky tack fouls and the way the league is headed with them. Its football for crying out loud. I swear some of these officiating crews like to see themselves on TV.

Dallas loses tonight
Old    Cliff Griffin (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-09-2013, 10:46 AM Reply   
The commercial was great. I loved how they made Hawk fans out to be psychotic zombie fans screaming at Kap as he got off the bus.
Old    Darren Lamont (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-09-2013, 11:21 AM Reply   
^^^I was dying when I saw that add. Kap had definitely "silenced the haters" in Seattle. We love when he plays at CLink.
Old    GD (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-09-2013, 1:19 PM Reply   
Referee favoritism toward Seattle has been obvious all year. It favors Seattle at home and favors Seattle in the playoffs where referees tend to "let it go". Most teams play the game per the rules. Seattle plays the referees -- they assume that only overt fouls will be called if they commit lesser fouls every play.
Old    Darren Lamont (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-09-2013, 1:49 PM Reply   
^^^What "lesser fouls" are you talking about? Are you talking about how physical the DBs are? I really hope not. If you don't like physical DBs maybe you should watch the NBA or Soccer. Every team in the NFL wishes they had corners like Sherman and company. The ability for our DBs to play man to man most of the game gives the Hawks a huge advantage. And it shows. 11-2.
Old    GD (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-09-2013, 2:47 PM Reply   
The Seattle DBs tug and poke and pull on WRs after 5 yards. It's obviously a coached thing betting on the fact that the referees will turn a blind eye to it since it is happening on every play. Meanwhile, most other teams are not doing this so they routinely get flagged on plays that would bring a flag for Seattle on every play. Sherman is a prick.
Old    Jon (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-09-2013, 3:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
The Seattle DBs tug and poke and pull on WRs after 5 yards. It's obviously a coached thing betting on the fact that the referees will turn a blind eye to it since it is happening on every play. Meanwhile, most other teams are not doing this so they routinely get flagged on plays that would bring a flag for Seattle on every play. Sherman is a prick.
This is the typical type of comment of a scorned and upset opposing fan! Lol
Old    Jon (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-09-2013, 3:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
Referee favoritism toward Seattle has been obvious all year. It favors Seattle at home and favors Seattle in the playoffs where referees tend to "let it go". Most teams play the game per the rules. Seattle plays the referees -- they assume that only overt fouls will be called if they commit lesser fouls every play.
When have the refs ever showed favoritism for Seattle? Like Superbowl 40 right? What, next you are going to tell me that the noise from the 12th man is unfair too right?
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 4:55 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us