Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (clubjoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-04-2013, 2:48 PM Reply   
I have a boat. I'm not in the market to buy, nor is the person I'm asking for at this time...

I'm looking for information about which boats provide a nice wake shape prior to weighting for up to around 15K-ish. Wouldn't matter if V or D drive (V preferred), and would probably be weighted at some point. Not looking at particular years or makes because of the variables involved in pricing, just some ideas to point in the right direction......

Thanks!
Old     (PotatoShack)      Join Date: Aug 2013       12-04-2013, 5:11 PM Reply   
I had a 1996 Malibu sunsetter that through a great wake. I think they are around that price range.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       12-04-2013, 6:45 PM Reply   
Find a nautique from 95-99 thats either a sport(dd) or super sport (v drive) or a mastercraft 205 or 205v from 96 to 99
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       12-04-2013, 7:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brichter14 View Post
Find a nautique from 95-99 thats either a sport(dd) or super sport (v drive) or a mastercraft 205 or 205v from 96 to 99
^ what he said
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-04-2013, 7:48 PM Reply   
I've seen a few 99 and 2000 x stars sell on ebay for around $15,000 this fall. They all had around 1000 hours and a few bumps and bruises but that's a ton of wakeboat for the money.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-05-2013, 12:45 AM Reply   
soooo just to clarify a few points here....
you are:
1. not looking to buy a boat
2. asking the question for someone else who also isn't looking to buy a boat
3. Not interested in a make of a boat
4. not interested in the year of a boat
5. don't care if its direct or v drive
and lastly want to get steered in a proper direction?

Heres my take:
1. get interested in buying a boat.
2. get whoever the question is for, interested in buying a boat.
3. whatever you do buy a tige or you'll make a lot of people really unhappy.
4. find the oldest boat you can for the most money, the older tiges really hold up well fyi
5. direct drive is the only way to go. bonus points for closed bow as it will open lots of doors for weighting options
6. just remember with enough lead weight any boat can touch bottom.
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       12-05-2013, 8:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10after View Post
soooo just to clarify a few points here....
you are:
1. not looking to buy a boat
2. asking the question for someone else who also isn't looking to buy a boat
3. Not interested in a make of a boat
4. not interested in the year of a boat
5. don't care if its direct or v drive
and lastly want to get steered in a proper direction?

Heres my take:
1. get interested in buying a boat.
2. get whoever the question is for, interested in buying a boat.
3. whatever you do buy a tige or you'll make a lot of people really unhappy.
4. find the oldest boat you can for the most money, the older tiges really hold up well fyi
5. direct drive is the only way to go. bonus points for closed bow as it will open lots of doors for weighting options
6. just remember with enough lead weight any boat can touch bottom.

LOL, I know..what a pointless post... at least LIE and say you are interested in looking for a boat to get more posts and feedback...
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-05-2013, 9:58 AM Reply   
Clubjoe has been around a while. He's a problem solver in real life and I've seen him help try to solve problems in some messed up threads on here in the past. There are a million good reasons he could have for asking his questions. Perhaps, for one, families' kids are growing up where the boat needs are not going to be so much for surfing for the adults but returning to wake roots for the kids.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       12-05-2013, 10:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by clubjoe View Post
I have a boat.
ME TOO!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubjoe View Post
Thanks!
You're welcome.
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-05-2013, 12:26 PM Reply   
I'd start by looking for a boat with a narrow beam like a Nautique 210 or a Sanger V210.
Old     (clubjoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-06-2013, 7:28 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input so far!

Appreciate the vote of support Jonathan... I don't pay attention to trolls and their minions anyway.

Just doing a little recon for later, and have haven't been on many boats older than mine.. It's nice to have a deep well of riders available to catch me up on different rides ....
Old     (grkero)      Join Date: Dec 2010       12-06-2013, 8:51 AM Reply   
I think the 1991-1993 barefoot nautique is one of the best bang for the buck rides. Awesome wake, v-drive, and up front cost is very reasonable for one of these boats.

I have one for sale if you become interested