Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    Kevin Johnson (mcclure_kevo)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-11-2013, 11:34 AM Reply   
Any updates
Old    Jeff Hill (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-11-2013, 12:25 PM Reply   
It is starting to look like a cable lake. They have been doing dirt work like crazy,I believe next spring they will open to the public
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       10-29-2013, 9:22 PM Reply   
update on VIP, Kaesen's new signature rail rail will be there.

http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/new...en-suyderhoud/

VIP website:
http://www.velocityislandpark.com/news/
Old    Jeff Hill (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-30-2013, 12:37 AM Reply   
The Liner is almost finished it looks like.....Towers should be going in soon.
Stoked Kaesen is going to be around he kills it!!!!!
Old    Jason W (Medium)      Join Date: Aug 2011       10-30-2013, 9:09 AM Reply   
Where is this place located at?
Old    Jeff Hill (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-30-2013, 2:41 PM Reply   
Right off of I-5....You would take the 3rd Woodland exit coming from Sacramento.
If your heading Northbound on the freeway you can look down onto the park.
Old    Richard Coop (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-25-2013, 5:54 PM Reply   
I've been passing this place for months. Kinda thought it was a weird place for a fancy pond. Then today I noticed all the towers and it hit me. I was surprised it will be so close to the only other park in NorCal. It really is coming along nicely though. Looks like all the towers are up and there appears to also be two separate lakes one bigger than the other.
Old    Jeff Hill (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-25-2013, 7:41 PM Reply   
The small lake will be 2 2.0's I believe.....and a full clockwise cable in the big lake.
It looks like there is someone working 7 days a week......lol
Old    RileyBangerter (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-03-2014, 9:23 AM Reply   
Looks like Velocity will be the park for riders and Wake Island will be the park for families.

Unit rails at Velocity will be awesome!
Old    Steven (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       01-21-2014, 11:40 AM Reply   
Does anyone have some updates for Velocity? The website has no new activity and the facebook page has been dead since December when they had gift certificates available.

Be nice to know when they plan on opening, normal prices and yearly passes along with what features they will have.
Old    C.I.E. J-Rod (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-21-2014, 1:10 PM Reply   
It is crazy that the two parks will be so close. Competition is healthy for the consumer, but I wish they were spaced further apart.
Old    Jeff Hill (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-21-2014, 2:57 PM Reply   
I know the towers are up and it looks like they are doing finishing work or wiring maybe over by the dock area.
I will get excited when I see water in them......Then it will be close.

Jarrod you can always do one on a Sat then the other on a Sun.....lol
Or even do both in 1 day. They are only about 30 minutes apart.

Since we dont have any rain it looks like cable might be busy in Nor Cal next summer!!!!!!
Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       01-21-2014, 4:01 PM Reply   
If they can get the water to fill the cable lakes !
Old    Steven (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       01-21-2014, 4:04 PM Reply   
I wish they were further apart as well, but I'm hoping Velocity and Wake Island can both stay open. From what I've read Velocity will have two 2.0s and as a wakeskater im hoping they keep one set up with the wakeskate friendly rails/boxes. I remember at one point there was a rumor of a stair set/drop going in for one of the 2.0s.