Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-07-2013, 4:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Tough loss for the Hawks but it was the 2nd of 2 long distance road games in consecutive weeks against 2 good AFC teams.

As for Romo, he did it again. He had a ridiculous game and still when it mattered most he Romo'd it. He consistently blows it when the game is on the line. At least they are in the crappy NFC east . Somehow the 0-5 Giants are still only 2 games out.
What did Russell Wilson do? He CHOKED this week. He couldn't perform last week. His defense bailed him out so he had OT to regroup.
Old    Jason Buffalow (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-07-2013, 6:28 AM Reply   
25 of 36, 506 yrds/5 TD + Romo = LOSS. Sums up Romo in one game. That was fun.
Old    Jason Buffalow (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-07-2013, 6:31 AM Reply   
As I said previously - Stats don't tell you much - W's do. Good weekend of football though.
Old    Cliff Griffin (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-07-2013, 6:52 AM Reply   
Dallas is 2-3
Haven't won on the road and have a loss at home.

San Fran is 3-2
Have a loss on the road and at home.

Seattle is 4-1
No losses at home and 2 of 3 on the road. East coast games at that.

No fantasy there, just straight up facts.

We'll beat the Titans this weekend at home. I'll call that one out for ya right now. Question is... can Romo beat RGIII and the Skins after such a brutal loss, or will he succumb to Schaub's Syndrome?
Old    Ian Brown (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-07-2013, 7:47 AM Reply   
Chiefs 5-0!!!!
Old    Big D (bigdtx)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-07-2013, 7:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry1167 View Post
Who cares about fantasy points? Romo played well once again until it really counted. If I were a cowboy fan I would be pissed. How many more times can you watch this happen?
Obviously you weren't around for the parade of deadbeats that played QB after Aikman retired and before Parcells found Romo. When Sean Payton left Dallas to go to New Orleans he tried hard to trade for Romo but Parcells wouldn't let him go.

Romo was not the problem yesterday. The real problem is the defense - which was supposed to be so great after we ran Rob Ryan out of town. They've given up 1000+ yards in the last 2 games. They can't stop the run, they can't stop the pass, and they can't pressure the quarterback - bad combination.
Old    Darren Lamont (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-07-2013, 8:53 AM Reply   
Hawks gave that game away yesterday. Two big plays let the Colts back in and it was a fight to the end. Hawks missing 3 offensive line starters and TE Zach Miller still played a very good Colts team tough. I heard the Titans have already reserved a spot for Fitzpatrick on IR.

Houston just looked awful at SanFran. How do you win a game only completing 6 passes?!?!

Can we stop all the Romo talk now? Even Bobby agrees he's a great "fantasy" QB, unfortunately football is played in reality.
Old    Larry (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       10-07-2013, 9:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdtx View Post
Obviously you weren't around for the parade of deadbeats that played QB after Aikman retired and before Parcells found Romo. When Sean Payton left Dallas to go to New Orleans he tried hard to trade for Romo but Parcells wouldn't let him go.

Romo was not the problem yesterday. The real problem is the defense - which was supposed to be so great after we ran Rob Ryan out of town. They've given up 1000+ yards in the last 2 games. They can't stop the run, they can't stop the pass, and they can't pressure the quarterback - bad combination.
I was around. I feel your pain. Skins have had dead beats at QB for so many years I can't even count. Finally have some hope in RG3.

Should be an interesting game next week with the Skin's and Cowboy's defenses. I have no confidence we can stop Romo. He will probably throw for another 500 yards. I can only hope it's close in the 4th and Romo pulls another Romo.
Old    Rich (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-07-2013, 11:00 AM Reply   
I'm done talking about Romo. Maybe forever. He's somehow both incredibly talented and also completely irrelevant. The Cowboys D was the problem? True enough I guess... but the Broncos D was a bit of an issue too, wouldn't you say?

Bobby, Stop cherry picking your data. I love how you cite wins and losses against common opponents... oh, except the fact the Niners got blown out by Indy in their own house, and the Seahawks manage to lose to Indy, on the road, by 6. In a game the Hawks should have won. I take nothing away from the Colts. But the Seahawks most definitely helped hand that game away. Mostly the D, shockingly. You also compare Seattle to SF, without ever mentioning they actually played each other.

"approaching mediocrity"??!? Please. They're 4-1... and that's with Percy Harvin out for six weeks minimum, Russell Okung on IR, Max Unger out two games, Breno Giacomini out, no Zach Miller in Indy... Chris Clemons held out a few games... Michael Bennett & Cliff Avril missing time, Bruce Irvin out four games... Jordan Hill hurt...

Every team is fightings injuries, but this team could go 11-5 even if things stay exactly as they are. Getting everyone back healthy should swing that to 13-3. Mediocre in this league is 8-8.
Old    Darren Lamont (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-07-2013, 11:47 AM Reply   
Question: There is an outside chance the 49ers and Hawks both go 14-2 if the Hawks lose at SanFran. Since they both lost to the Colts and each other who would win the division? I know this won't happen but just curious.
Old    Rich (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-07-2013, 12:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
Question: There is an outside chance the 49ers and Hawks both go 14-2 if the Hawks lose at SanFran. Since they both lost to the Colts and each other who would win the division? I know this won't happen but just curious.
In that scenario, it would next go to how well each team played against the rest of the division. Let's assume the Hawks and 9ers sweep every in-division game (Also, somewhat unlikely, but just for fun...) it then would go to who did the best in common games outside the division.
Then, best record against the NFC.
Then, strength of victory. So far, Seahawks
Then, strength of schedule.

and on and on. It keeps going with a bunch of stuff until it eventually hits a literal coin toss.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-07-2013, 4:40 PM Reply   
Glad to know Romo is such a popular topic!
Old    Jeremy (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-07-2013, 5:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakereviews View Post
Chiefs 5-0!!!!
That unnecessary roughness penalty on TN for hitting Alex Smith while he was running and while he was still in bounds was BS and turned the tide in that game. KC was aided by this blown-call by the refs. If they are going to call a penalty for hitting the QB when the QB is running, then they need to blow the play dead any time the QB crosses the line of scrimmage.

I'm calling upset and say the Titans get their sheet together this week and deal the Seahawks their first home loss this season. That Seahawk D is looking suspect.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-07-2013, 5:24 PM Reply   
I have to agree with you Jeremy.I think Seattle is ripe for the picking. Did you see how lost Richard Sherman was in the Colts game. Schaub made him look good and Luck made him look bad.
Old    GD (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-07-2013, 8:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
How do you win a game only completing 6 passes?!?!
Your defense turns 3 interceptions into 3 touchdowns and 1 fumble into 1 field goal for a 34:3 win.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-08-2013, 3:38 AM Reply   
Looks like i win the pics again this week! Maybe you guys should pick more than 4 games!
Old    Cliff Griffin (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-08-2013, 7:22 AM Reply   
"Looks like i win the pics again this week! Maybe you guys should pick more than 4 games!"

And yet your team keeps loosing.
Old    Jon (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-08-2013, 1:01 PM Reply   
"ripe for the picking"... Robert, are you high?
Old    Darren Lamont (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-08-2013, 1:53 PM Reply   
^^^He's still playing fantasy football.

Only one ripe for the picking is going to be Fitzpatrick.
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-08-2013, 4:43 PM Reply   
Yeah I'd have to agree. I mean Seattle is one of the best teams in the NFL and the best team at home in the NFL so...

Might wanna have another look at that apple there bud.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-08-2013, 5:11 PM Reply   
You guys doubted me last week.The week before they were gifted a win from Schaub.Now it's time you really see how easy they CHOKE!!!!
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-08-2013, 5:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Yeah I'd have to agree. I mean Seattle is one of the best teams in the NFL and the best team at home in the NFL so...

Might wanna have another look at that apple there bud.
The Saints,Chiefs and Broncos are all perfect at home.There are others too! But Seattle is declining.
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-08-2013, 6:21 PM Reply   
This is a fan of the biggest choke team of the last couple years. Hell you'd think David Carradine played for the Never Nowboys. Hmm maybe we should pay attention since all you've done is watch a team choke season after season since Romo has been at the helm. The Cowgirls are so bad they can't even be gifted a win...she last week. The other team hands Romo 5 touchdowns and they still lose. Pathetic
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-08-2013, 7:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
This is a fan of the biggest choke team of the last couple years. Hell you'd think David Carradine played for the Never Nowboys. Hmm maybe we should pay attention since all you've done is watch a team choke season after season since Romo has been at the helm. The Cowgirls are so bad they can't even be gifted a win...she last week. The other team hands Romo 5 touchdowns and they still lose. Pathetic
This statement coming from a fan of a team with a EMPTY trophy case.NO SUPER BOWL WINS EVER.What's your street cred?
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-08-2013, 7:16 PM Reply   
The other teams that are undefeated at home are: Patriots,Jets,Ravens,Bengals,Lions,Packers and Cardinals.Thats 10 other teams nearly a third of the league is undefeated at home.Get ready to be removed from that list by a backup QB!
Old    Rich (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-08-2013, 10:16 PM Reply   
Hahaha.... I swear, this thread would be nowhere without Bobby stirring up crap. I have no idea if you truly believe the mess you spew man, but it is entertaining. Thanks for that at least.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-09-2013, 3:16 AM Reply   
I have no idea if you Seattle fans really believe the crap you spread either.LOL
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-09-2013, 4:04 AM Reply   
WEEK 6 PICKS:

THURSDAY NIGHT 8:25 PM

NYG @ CHI - BEARS at home Giants go 0-6 still looking for a QB.

SUNDAY @ 1:00PM

GB @ BAL - Packers

CIN @ BUF -Bengals take over 1st place in their division.

DET @ CLE -Lions on the road.

STL @ HOU - Texans regroup and win.

OAK @ KC - Chiefs win at home.

CAR @ MIN - Vikings at home.

PIT @ NYJ - Jets at home.

PHI @ TB - Eagles win

SUNDAY @ 4:05 PM

JAC @ DEN - Broncos should win this one.

TEN @ SEA - Upset of the week TITANS WIN!!!!!

SUNDAY @ 4:25 PM

NO @ NE - Saints and Drew Brees.

ARI @ SF - 49ers win.

SUNDAY NIGHT @ 8:30

WAS @ DAL - COWBOYS WIN!!!

MONDAY NIGHT @ 8:40

SD @IND - COLTS Win.
Old    Alexasgaudet Gaudet (alexasgaudet)      Join Date: Sep 2013       10-09-2013, 4:07 AM Reply   
This is going to be fun
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-09-2013, 7:01 AM Reply   
You're so predictable Bobby. I knew you'd come back with the good ol' days before you had Romo in there screwing everything up. What's his playoff record again?

You might wanna live in the now Bobby not in the past or in your romoerotic fantasy world.

Hawks have won 10 in a row at home how many of those teams have done that? Oh and no that doesn't include preseason but we've won those too
Old    Darren Lamont (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-09-2013, 8:23 AM Reply   
Bobby, why don't you put your money where your mouth is? I'll take the Hawks to win at home for the rest of the season. Bet??
Old    Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-09-2013, 11:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
I'll take the Hawks to win at home for the rest of the season. Bet??
Nothing like a bet where your team only faces one team that is worth a damn.
Old    Darren Lamont (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-09-2013, 11:47 AM Reply   
^^^yeah 49ers and Saints are pretty awful. You must be talking about the Vikings.
Old    Rich (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-09-2013, 11:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
Nothing like a bet where your team only faces one team that is worth a damn.
Are you ignoring the part where the guy he's offering the bet to is claiming our team will get beat next week? Or are the Titans the team you're refering to as "worth a damn"?

And if they're not, then who do you mean? I'm guessing Saints.
Old    Cliff Griffin (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-09-2013, 12:14 PM Reply   
Titans @ Seattle. - Seattle

Cards @ Niners - Niners

St Louis @ Houston - Who knows??? Taking the Rams only because Houston can't seem to beat an NFC West team this year.

Last edited by seattle; 10-09-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old    Justin Michael (JustinMD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       10-09-2013, 3:52 PM Reply   
WEEK 6 PICKS:

NYG @ CHI - Da Bears
GB @ BAL - Pack
CIN @ BUF -Bengals
DET @ CLE -Lions
STL @ HOU - Texans
OAK @ KC - Chiefs
CAR @ MIN - Panthers
PIT @ NYJ - Steelers
PHI @ TB - Eagles
JAC @ DEN - Broncos
TEN @ SEA - Hawks
NO @ NE - Pats
ARI @ SF - 49ers
WAS @ DAL - Cowgirls
SD @IND - Colts
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-09-2013, 5:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
You're so predictable Bobby. I knew you'd come back with the good ol' days before you had Romo in there screwing everything up. What's his playoff record again?

You might wanna live in the now Bobby not in the past or in your romoerotic fantasy world.

Hawks have won 10 in a row at home how many of those teams have done that? Oh and no that doesn't include preseason but we've won those too
I pointed out the here and now. Most ALL of the teams in the NFL have a Trophy in the case except for Seattle and a few others.That goes all the way back and up to TODAY. How much more current do you need. Your 0 for ever! Your most recent game your QB choked with a last minute interception.That's just the facts. I pointed out that 10 other teams were undefeated at home. That's a third of the league this year[which is as present as you can get]. Wilson will never be a pimple on Romo's ASS. Get used to it!
Old    Jordan Maxymek (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       10-09-2013, 6:35 PM Reply   
Josh Freeman?? Baffled over here.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-09-2013, 6:40 PM Reply   
Wow guys check this out! Facts for this year only!!!!!!!!
Russell Wilson Att. 127 COMP.74 Pct. 58.3% Yards 997 Avg per ATT. 7.9 TD'S 8 INT's 4 RATING 91.2
TONY ROMO Att. 188 COMP . 135 Pct. 71.8% Yards1523 Avg pr Att 8.1 TD's 13 Int's 2 Rating 114.3
Who's the DUMB ASS that said Russell Wilson was a better QB? The CURRENT [that's most recent stats] years stats prove Wilson isn't a pimple on Romo's ass.
Old    Erik Vannorsdel (MBofTexas)      Join Date: Aug 2013       10-09-2013, 6:56 PM Reply   
Romo is a great quarterback, one of the best. However with that said, he is one of the most frustrating QB to have on your side. He can somehow screw a recording breaking or any good game up at the end. I don't even want to start about the D all that talent and nothing, another year wasted.
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-10-2013, 7:38 AM Reply   
The best QB's win games. Bobby can post starts all he wants but check the scoreboard, the win loss column, hell look in the mirror. Can Romo put up bigger numbers? Of course he can but I'll take the QB that knows what it takes to win the game not blow it.

Do me a favor bobby. Since you like to look up numbers so much and we are comparing Wilson and Romo in the here and now. What are their records since the beginning of last year? That's what matters right? Winning? You do care about winning, right? Or are you just a Romo fan and not an actual Cowboys fan? At this point Bob I've gotta start questioning your loyalty to the TEAM as it seems the only thing you care about is Romo's fantasy numbers rather than if your team losses.
Old    Darren Lamont (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-10-2013, 8:53 AM Reply   
Bobby, you mad bro?
I must have missed answer about betting me on the rest of the Hawks home games?

Also, looks like Aldon Smith may be out for about 4 years....http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/97...ny-gun-charges
I heard he got a great deal on those guns from Hernandez.
Old    sperbet            10-10-2013, 10:15 AM Reply   
Or from Marshawn...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3909366
Old    Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-10-2013, 10:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
^^^yeah 49ers and Saints are pretty awful. You must be talking about the Vikings.
He said home game(s).... the 9ers won't be a home game, they do that once a year, which has happened already. The Saints (that was the team I was talking about) is the only one left at home who will put up a fight, so thank you for proving my point?!


Quote:
That's what matters right? Winning? You do care about winning, right?
FWIW, neither of them won anything of meaning.... Is making the playoffs only to not make the Super Bowl and/or win the Super Bowl really that great? Unless you win it all, you're just getting a ****tier draft pick.


.... at the end of this season the Hawks are still going to have to fight to win the NFC West. The Cowboys should be able to walk to win the NFC East. Sometimes all you have to be is a "C" student in a class of "F"'s.

... also comparing Romo and Wilson in regards to their team's performance is a joke. They're both just 1 guy on a team of 22 starters. Sure their position is the most important but I think you can attribute Seahawk wins and/or Cowboy loses to defense.

Last year:
Cowboys have allowed 400 points against
Seahawks have allowed 245 points against

This Year:
Cowboys have allowed 136 points against
Seahawks have allowed 81 points against

....any QB in the league will be hard pressed to have a winning season when their defense allows as many points as the 'Boys do.
Old    Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-10-2013, 10:27 AM Reply   
My picks:
NYG @ CHI - Bears
GB @ BAL - Packers
CIN @ BUF -Bengals
DET @ CLE - Lions (I think this will be closer than the Lions would like)
STL @ HOU - Texans
OAK @ KC - Chiefs
CAR @ MIN - Vikes, the Cassel exparament continues
PIT @ NYJ - J-E-T-S, jets jets jets. Steelers continue to suck something fierce and give up on the season for a pick
PHI @ TB - Eagles
JAC @ DEN - Broncos, and cover the absurd spread
TEN @ SEA - Hawks
NO @ NE - Saints
ARI @ SF - 49ers
WAS @ DAL - Cowboys
SD @IND - Colts
Old    Darren Lamont (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-10-2013, 10:54 AM Reply   
^^^ Let's just see how many other teams to 8-0 at home this year. I'm guessing the same result as last year....ONE!!!

Scott, Lynch actually sold his guns to Hernandez. Looking back probably not the best decision.
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-10-2013, 2:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
FWIW, neither of them won anything of meaning.... Is making the playoffs only to not make the Super Bowl and/or win the Super Bowl really that great? Unless you win it all, you're just getting a ****tier draft pick
Quote:
also comparing Romo and Wilson in regards to their team's performance is a joke. They're both just 1 guy on a team of 22 starters. Sure their position is the most important but I think you can attribute Seahawk wins and/or Cowboy loses to defens

So the only meaningful game is the Super Bowl? That's BS! There are lots of meaningful games throughout the year. I mean how the hell else are you gonna get there?

To your second point:
Its akin to a starting pitcher in baseball also a team sport.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-10-2013, 4:54 PM Reply   
You seattle fans are a JOKE. Never in the history of the league has a QB rating contained WINS. As mentioned before Wins are credited to teams. I stated the facts your spewing more b@&%sh#t on top of the pile you already made about home wins.Each team also has 8 Road games. It doesn't matter how many games you win if you CHOKE in the playoffs. [Seattle knows all about that].LOL
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-10-2013, 6:27 PM Reply   
You and your convenient logic are a joke bobby. You espouse Romo as the best but he has all of one victories under his playoff belt.

The home record was brought up because you dumb ass was stupid enough to say Seattle is ripe for the picking this week and we have a home game. Here's a fact for you R Dubb is undefeated at home hence the reason the odds makers have the line at 14.5 (oh and number one team at covering the spread at home? You guessed it).

FWIW, I keep my bull$#it on a shelve that's 5'8", so it's above your head.
Old    Larry (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       10-10-2013, 6:36 PM Reply   
Why do you guys let Bobby get you all fired up? He's a typical Cowboy fan. Being a Redskin fan my whole life I guess I'm used to it. Nothing against the other Cowboy fans on this thread cause they seem level headed. Most cowboy fans have never stepped one foot in Texas and are the ultimate band wagon fans. They only wear cowboy gear when the team is good.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-10-2013, 7:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry1167 View Post
Why do you guys let Bobby get you all fired up? He's a typical Cowboy fan. Being a Redskin fan my whole life I guess I'm used to it. Nothing against the other Cowboy fans on this thread cause they seem level headed. Most cowboy fans have never stepped one foot in Texas and are the ultimate band wagon fans. They only wear cowboy gear when the team is good.
You speak of what you know nothing of. I've been a Cowboys fan since 1968. I've been to Texas every year for the last 6 years. Toured both Texas Stadium and A T & T Stadium. I've already bought property in Texas and will build a house there next year. I'm retiring at the end of this year so i obviously don't know what i'm doing. I wear Cowboys gear every day and All my vehicles have Cowboys personalized plates. I have a Dallas Cowboys Snap-on Tool box valued at more than the Redskins or the Seahawks franchises. I would say i'm a loyal fan.
Old    Larry (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       10-10-2013, 8:31 PM Reply   
Could have fooled me. Get your head outa your a$$.
Old    Larry (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       10-10-2013, 8:33 PM Reply   
So you only have to go to Texas 6 times to be a Cowboy fan?
Old    Rich (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-10-2013, 10:07 PM Reply   
You don't even have to go to Texas to be a Cowboys fan. You just have to love interceptions and hate the playoffs. It helps if you have a cool tool box.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-11-2013, 3:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by digg311 View Post
You don't even have to go to Texas to be a Cowboys fan. You just have to love interceptions and hate the playoffs. It helps if you have a cool tool box.
That sounds much more like a Seattle fan.Please check your facts.As far as interceptions Eli seems to be the master this year. 15 interceptions in 6 games for 6 losses.I know for a fact Dallas has been to the playoffs more times than the Seahawks or the Redskins and they have more Super Bowl appearances and wins than both teams together. As far as interceptions Romo only has 2,WILSON has 4 and Eli has 15.
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-11-2013, 7:00 AM Reply   
Pulled from the ESPN power rankings:
Attached Images
 
Old    Darren Lamont (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-11-2013, 9:27 AM Reply   
still no response on betting against the Hawks. Interesting...
Bobby you must have selective reading, kind of like when you read Romo's stats (mainly the win/loss column).
Old    David Williams (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-11-2013, 9:52 AM Reply   
Unfortunately, I have to unsubscribe from this thread. The Wilson/Romo debate has gone so far beyond beating a dead horse it's ridiculous. I have to commend you guys for taking the smack talk to a new level, but it's wearing out my phones battery with all the post notices.
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-11-2013, 2:47 PM Reply   
I blame myself David. Be sure and check back in from time to time

You know in all my years here and thousands of posts I've never once subscribed to a thread.
Old    GD (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-11-2013, 3:18 PM Reply   
I am becoming a bit of a NFL fanatic. I actually subscribed to NFL REWIND so I can step through games play-by-ply with coaches view. It's super cool and I am amazed at how much the game looks different when studied by a second pass. Has anyone else tried NFL REWIND?
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-11-2013, 3:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
I am becoming a bit of a NFL fanatic. I actually subscribed to NFL REWIND so I can step through games play-by-ply with coaches view. It's super cool and I am amazed at how much the game looks different when studied by a second pass. Has anyone else tried NFL REWIND?
The Seattle fans all subscribe.That's why there so pumped at the beginning of the season.They've spent all off season watch the games they've won over and over to convince themselves their team is unbeatable at home.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-11-2013, 3:42 PM Reply   
Russell Wilson's passer rating this year is 91.2 .
Tony Romo's lifetime rating[including all his interceptions ] is 96.6.
GOOGLE IT and educate your opinionated minds.
Old    Larry (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       10-11-2013, 3:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Russell Wilson's passer rating this year is 91.2 .
Tony Romo's lifetime rating[including all his interceptions ] is 96.6.
GOOGLE IT and educate your opinionated minds.
Enough already dude. Start a new thread about Romo and Wilson and you can argue with yourself. You are ruining this one.
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-11-2013, 4:11 PM Reply   
Larry, good luck this weekend
Old    Larry (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       10-11-2013, 5:46 PM Reply   
Thanks. We're gonna need it with our defense. Looking forward to seeing if RG3 has made anymore progress after two weeks off.
Old    Cliff Griffin (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-12-2013, 9:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
Unfortunately, I have to unsubscribe from this thread. The Wilson/Romo debate has gone so far beyond beating a dead horse it's ridiculous. I have to commend you guys for taking the smack talk to a new level, but it's wearing out my phones battery with all the post notices.
Thinly based excuse for a man who's team is already in the toilet for the year.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-12-2013, 3:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry1167 View Post
I was around. I feel your pain. Skins have had dead beats at QB for so many years I can't even count. Finally have some hope in RG3.

Should be an interesting game next week with the Skin's and Cowboy's defenses. I have no confidence we can stop Romo. He will probably throw for another 500 yards. I can only hope it's close in the 4th and Romo pulls another Romo.
If you google it or go to NFL.COM you will see Tony Romo has THE BEST 4th quarter passer rating of ALL QB's since 2006.For you Seattle fans that's the passer rating in the 4th quarter only of every game from 2006 season start to Week 5 2013 season. The FACTS don't support your uneducated opinions. The truth hurts sometimes.
Old    Meathead (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-12-2013, 9:24 PM Reply   
Bobby, Jeez.....earlier in the thread it's all about Super Bowl trophies. Now it's QB passer ratings. The title of the thread is 2013 nfl smack talk.... and unfortunately the Cowboys aren't looking to be in a position to support much smack.
So start a fantasy qb passer rating thread. Or a Great Super Bowl Team thread. Maybe even a thread arguing the best NFL franchises of all time. Cowboys can stand in and fight in those threads.
You sound like a guy who girlfriend ran off after homecoming with Russel Wilson. Unfortunately the only legacy Romo has built is his inability to win big games.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-13-2013, 4:05 AM Reply   
The same has been said of Peyton Manning and Dan Marino. I consider them great QB's even though their TEAMS have struggled in big games. Look at Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers , both are struggling this year. I say the other talent on their teams is not up to par with their Super Bowl years.Football is a TEAM sport not a individual sport. What is the most popular theme in this thread? The Seattle Seahawks and how dominant they are.How they can't be beat at home. Why don't we call this the FAIRY TALE THREAD. I'm just stating facts they are stating opinions. Seattle has NO Super Bowl wins and No QB's rated in the top 20. Yet they keep stating their opinions which aren't backed up by facts. Go Titans!
Old    Larry (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       10-13-2013, 8:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
The same has been said of Peyton Manning and Dan Marino. I consider them great QB's even though their TEAMS have struggled in big games. Look at Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers , both are struggling this year. I say the other talent on their teams is not up to par with their Super Bowl years.Football is a TEAM sport not a individual sport. What is the most popular theme in this thread? The Seattle Seahawks and how dominant they are.How they can't be beat at home. Why don't we call this the FAIRY TALE THREAD. I'm just stating facts they are stating opinions. Seattle has NO Super Bowl wins and No QB's rated in the top 20. Yet they keep stating their opinions which aren't backed up by facts. Go Titans!
Once again go back to the thread title. Talking smack is based on opinion. If it wasn't then this would be a boring thread. Please start a boring stat thread and spend all day on your computer spewing stats or you could start a fairy tale thread talking about Romo winning a Super Bowl. Go Skins.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-13-2013, 9:09 AM Reply   
What is talking smack? Saying something to get under someones skin. I would say i'm an expert because i always get a response! You guys are EASY.
Old    Larry (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       10-13-2013, 9:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
What is talking smack? Saying something to get under someones skin. I would say i'm an expert because i always get a response! You guys are EASY.
Once again you are missing the point which is not surprising. You seem to be responding to all my posts too so who's easy?
Old    Cliff Griffin (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-13-2013, 12:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
What is talking smack? Saying something to get under someones skin. I would say i'm an expert because i always get a response! You guys are EASY.
i support this message.

And....

Go Skins! Slaughter Tony Ruh Row.
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-13-2013, 4:00 PM Reply   
Ripe for the picking hey Bobby....suck it!

I am for at least today a huge Skins fan.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-13-2013, 4:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Ripe for the picking hey Bobby....suck it!

I am for at least today a huge Skins fan.
Sure you are but you were sweating bullets for over 3 quarters.Your dominant home team squeaked one out and Vegas took the hit this week.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-13-2013, 4:06 PM Reply   
You still have to play the Rams and look what they did to Houston. They DOMINATED Houston.The Hawks had to sweat out most of OT before they barely won.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-13-2013, 5:00 PM Reply   
Congratulations to Denver and KC on being the only undefeated teams left. Also congratulations to KC for setting the New crowd noise decibel record!
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-13-2013, 5:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
You still have to play the Rams and look what they did to Houston. They DOMINATED Houston.The Hawks had to sweat out most of OT before they barely won.
St Louis got smoked by SF but we slaughtered SF so what is your point? We are 5-1 and they are 3-3. We are in first in our division and tied with NO for first in the entire NFC.

And at the very best your cowboys are going to be 2 games behind the hawks in about 4 hours.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-13-2013, 5:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
St Louis got smoked by SF but we slaughtered SF so what is your point? We are 5-1 and they are 3-3. We are in first in our division and tied with NO for first in the entire NFC.

And at the very best your cowboys are going to be 2 games behind the hawks in about 4 hours.
Your playing at ST. Louis [road game] which is your weakness.If you were honest with yourself your team hasn't looked impressive the last two weeks.
Old    Cliff Griffin (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-13-2013, 6:19 PM Reply   
All I know is i'm three for three this week.

The Hawks offense looked sloppy and dead eyed until the fourth quarter again this week. We can't go into Phoenix with that type of play or we're be going home with a loss.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 3:37 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us